Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

Actually the XIs with the gold eyelets were on the countdown for 23 most rare Jordan's with only about a dozen accidentally released. They should be going for over 3 Gs and kixclusive.com has them for only $1200!! I wish I had the money to get them either to wear or sell and get paid!!! 

Actually the XIs with the gold eyelets were on the countdown for 23 most rare Jordan's with only about a dozen accidentally released. They should be going for over 3 Gs and kixclusive.com has them for only $1200!! I wish I had the money to get them either to wear or sell and get paid!!! 
I think the 11 looks better with the jordan on the eyelets i wish they would release the laney like that and with the same color blue sole as the jumpman then they would be fire.

Next year is the "Year of the 6," so don't be surprised if these make a return as a stand alone release.

I know some folks will be upset though.

Mine Are still on ice. I got mine retail from the local footaction when they came out. Didnt even have to wait in line 

Next year is the "Year of the 6," so don't be surprised if these make a return as a stand alone release.

Nahhh I doubt that would happen. These released as a package with meaning. They came with a booklet with a message in it and a dog tag that signified something. These weren't just a retro, these were something done in commemoration for MJ and something nice done for the collectors. If these retro as a stand alone, I'll be extremely disappointed in JB. Not even on that "I have them and no one else can" type steez, just bein real.

Anyone want me to cook up some nice pics to post? I love taking pics of these :lol:

Last edited:
Mine. =)

img1819ir.jpg

img1888a.jpg

img1894yu.jpg

img4917u.jpg

img4935d.jpg
Where did u get ur pair at??

I'm fairly certain there were more than 12 DMPs with the "JORDAN" on the eyelets.

If I remember correctly, some stores had a first round drop that had the "JORDAN," but it was determined by QC that there would be some color bleeding so they were not to release them. Many were still sold both inadvertently and purposefully. I was on NT at the time under a different name and there were folks here who unknowingly received the recalled XI.

There were more than 12 on ebay the next day so I'm sure that wasn't the extent of them.

I was able to get 9 packs of DMPs easily. I camped for my size 10 and my wife camped for another size 10. Then we drove around picking up random size 7-9.5 that no one wanted from stores mostly in Columbus (Deveroes, Harold Penner). I was in grad school at University of Michigan at the time so we drove down to Columbus and as far south as the Deveroes in Cincinnati where they had 4 pair there sitting at 6 pm that evening. 

Somewhere I have a pic of all the boxes stacked up at my old apartment. I have to find it. Anyway, I put 5 packs on ebay and ebay ended up putting some kind of flag on my account. Either ebay or paypal held the money that people paid for like 30 days, but still made me send the shoes. Once  people had received them and presumably felt that there were no issues, they released the funds. I bought those shoes with my refund check from school. That money was ordinarily used to pay my rent and buy food so I was almost evicted from my apartment over those shoes. 

Sold my extra pair of size 10s back in 2009 for about $700. 

They must of misplaced the XI mold or blueprint after this release, because the 11's that JB releases now are doo doo compared to the old shape. :smh:

Maybe one day they'll get it right again... Maybe..

Nahhh I doubt that would happen. These released as a package with meaning. They came with a booklet with a message in it and a dog tag that signified something. These weren't just a retro, these were something done in commemoration for MJ and something nice done for the collectors. If these retro as a stand alone, I'll be extremely disappointed in JB. Not even on that "I have them and no one else can" type steez, just bein real.

Anyone want me to cook up some nice pics to post? I love taking pics of these :lol:

Yeah I hear ya.

I just feel like nothings safe any more with the re-release of the Thunders last year and the Lightnings this year.

These probably won't get released and they probably shouldn't.

I just wish I could find my size around $500.

If I hit the lotto, these will be mine at whatever price!

:lol:

retro them and piss everyone off. might as well. since they already taking away the bots.

I had the DMP 6's when I was young, and didn't take much care of them. It still hurts not to have them 
frown.gif

My pack is still DS. Last time I checked them was in January and they were still ICY thanks to the Box keeping light out and being store in a dark closet. My favorite pack out of my entire Jordan Collection.

I wish I knew that when I got my Dmp Pack. Cause as soon as I got them on release day I wore them and wore them damn near everyday for weeks in the rain and everything. The letters eventually faded and fell off and it wasn't till I checked with my patna who brought a pack also that I realized that my pair was different. I also heard later on I believe it may have been on here that they were rare and after I asked the Manager at the local Hibbetts about it he explained that the reason they were pushed back by Nike in the 1st place was because of the fading letters and they replaced some of the bigger sizes with left over pair so they sell a few more pair and complete size runs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom