Delete.

After taking last year's draft off, according to @NikeBasketball, Nike has signed Blake Griffin, James Harden, and Stephen Curry. Blake Griffin was the #1 pick to the Clippers where he will be in a big market and play for a team that does not feature a big time Nike player, Harden went #3 to the Thunder and will join Nike players Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry went #7 to the Golden State Warriors a team that like the Clippers, does not feature a marquee Nike athlete.
http://www.kixandthecity....riffin-harden-and-curry/

Curry PEs...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Belli will succeed elsewhere, it's just sad that we've come to expect that when the Warriors give up on players.

Will umbria change its lasagna name? I hope not.

[h1]
Warriors trade Marco Belinelli to Raptors for Devean George[/h1]
July 29, 2009 · Filed Under Golden State Warriors, News, Toronto Raptors

The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have acquired guard Marco Belinelli (Mar-co Belle-EE-NELLI) from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for forward Devean George and cash considerations.

"Marco fills a void at the wing position where his shooting and scoring strengths will be needed. Marco's versatility and playmaking abilities make him a very valuable piece for us," said Bryan Colangelo, Raptors President and General Manager.

Belinelli, the 18th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, averaged 8.9 points, 2.1 assists, 1.7 rebounds and 21.0 minutes in 42 games last season with Golden State. He registered four 20-point games during the 2008-09 campaign, including a career-high 27 points December 12, 2008 at Atlanta.

Through 75 career games Belinelli owns a .395 mark from three-point range (68-for-172). As a rookie he appeared in 33 games, averaging 2.9 points in 7.3 minutes.

Prior to joining the Warriors, the 23 year-old, 6-foot-5 guard from Bologna, Italy, played professionally in Italy for five seasons. In 33 games during the 2006-07 season with Fortitudo Bologna in Serie A, Belinelli averaged 16.4 points, while shooting .544 (99-for-182) from the field. In 13 Euroleague contests, he averaged 12.9 points on .438 (32-for-73) from the field.

A member of the Italian National Team, Belinelli averaged 13.5 points per game during the 2006 FIBA World Championship, including 25 points in a losing effort against Team USA in preliminary round play.

"We're looking forward to adding a veteran with Devean's experience to our squad," said Warriors General Manager Larry Riley. "He is obviously a proven winner and has been on several very successful teams during his career, which is something we feel is important when you look at the youth on our roster. He is a versatile player and someone who we feel can contribute both on and off the court."

George, 31, is a 10-year NBA veteran who has played the last three seasons with the Dallas Mavericks after spending the first seven years of his career with the Los Angeles Lakers. Last season he appeared in 43 games for the Mavs, averaging 3.4 points and 1.8 rebounds in 16.5 minutes. Originally drafted with the 23rd overall selection in the 1999 NBA Draft, George owns career averages of 5.6 points, 3.2 rebounds and 18.7 minutes in 585 regular-season contests. Additionally, the 6-8 guard/forward has appeared in 86 playoff games during his career, which includes four trips to the NBA Finals (2000, 2001, 2002 and 2004) while with the Lakers and winning three-straight NBA Championships from 2000-02.

"We're looking forward to adding a veteran with Devean's experience to our squad," said Warriors General Manager Larry Riley. "He is obviously a proven winner and has been on several very successful teams during his career, which is something we feel is important when you look at the youth on our roster. He is a versatile player and someone who we feel can contribute both on and off the court."
cfd25f5472a0842dcd3972ea147712d168f2d5a.gif

He is obviously a proven winner

the sad things is...at some point during the season, devean george will somehow be our starting PF
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Will umbria change its lasagna name? I hope not.
I'm hoping to head out to downtown and eat that dish before it may possibly discontinue, any other recommendations?

I cannot recall the name of the last dish I had there, but it included spicy sausage with the pasta and sauce, which was really good. Decently priced as well.My Fiance got the the lasagna that night and I had it our prior visit.

"Da Mayor's" is half lasagna and half egg plant which has gotten good reviews.

I'd imagine the menu item will continue, possibly under a different name though since it's a part of Willie Brown's favorite.

While I don't like the trade, I don't understand "hoodwinked".

We're not even paying for George...and the odds of a buyout are increasing...which would be ideal so he never sets foot on the court, much likeBellinelli's situation with us...

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

While I don't like the trade, I don't understand "hoodwinked".

We're not even paying for George...and the odds of a buyout are increasing...which would be ideal so he never sets foot on the court, much like Bellinelli's situation with us...
really, we're not paying for george? are we just paying beli's contract?

Also, Devean George is here to stay. The Warriors want George. They didn't get him to buy him out. They feel like he might be able to contribute something because of his size and experience (went to three Finals with the Lakers). GM Larry Riley has wanted to add some veteran experience anyway. George, at his best, can stick the 3 and match-up against the difficult threes of the league like Ron Artest and LeBron James.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

now that we got the teams set...hows yall schedules looking to do the draft?
what days are good? weekends?
nights and weekends.

actually almost anytime

he's all for the trade...

when a caller called in and said how dumb the trade was, fitz jumped on him by saying..."is he better than sjax? monta? curry? morrow? etc." thendoes his stupid laugh
laugh.gif

any of course, the caller folds
tired.gif

shouldve came back at fitz and said...is he better than the other half of the team? better than DG?

Back
Top Bottom