DELETE

soo lost on how to apply for financial aide..

ive been out for about 2 years since HS and i think its time to gt back in this summer.

Originally Posted by kidUFC

ive been out for about 2 years since HS and i think its time to gt back in this summer.
What are you having trouble with? Applying for fin. aid. is very simple and takes less than 20 minutes.

Apply at:
www.fafsa.ed.gov

Originally Posted by kidUFC

Yeah, you should definitely get on the FAFSA asap. It's never too late.

I have a question, though.

How simple is it to apply for studying abroad? Was it worth it? How long did it take for you to get used to everything?

imo studying abroad is well worth it, i haven't heard any bad things from people that have actually done it.
and i plan on doing the same someday. and how simple it is varies from school to school i would assume

My dad won't let me go to a private college, so I sent in my deposit for a state college. What are the chances I'll be driving a 2014/15/16 Subaru WrxSTi when I graduate, having gotten a degree from a state school?

Originally Posted by derventa

My dad won't let me go to a private college, so I sent in my deposit for a state college. What are the chances I'll be driving a 2014/15/16 Subaru Wrx STi when I graduate, having gotten a degree from a state school?
A degree from a state school does not mean that you won't be successful. Apply yourself and you'll be driving a Mercedes.

My dad won't let me go to a private college, so I sent in my deposit for a state college. What are the chances I'll be driving a 2014/15/16 Subaru Wrx STi when I graduate, having gotten a degree from a state school?
Not bad, dude. It all depends on how well you network and how quickly you can join the workforce.

Don't automatically assume you'll be done with school at that point, though. You might consider getting your Masters.

I know I've already thought about it.

Pretty likely, depending on many factors such as what is your priority?

I have many friends who bought new cars, ie Evo, G35, G37...~$30-40k car when they landed their first jobs (most are within $40-65k depending on their major). I also have other friends who continued to drive their old cars and are saving up for something else.

a private college alone can't make you smarter
go to a state school, save your money. Same degree for a cheaper price.

Thanks for the answers. I feel better....im lulling at my friends taking out 100k in loans

Thanks for the answers. I feel better....im lulling at my friends taking out 100k in loans
eek.gif
I go to a private school and will be no where near that indebt. They didn't apply for aid?

Originally Posted by Lazy B

eek.gif
I go to a private school and will be no where near that in debt. They didn't apply for aid?
Well most of my friends have 15k-20K gap even after financial aid..so multiply that by 4(or even 5 for to co-op schools), add in interest = 100+. It all adds up.

For my private schools, i had a 20k+ gap after financial aid (if I dormed). My parents make 62K combined, and we're in 36K credit card debt so its a no-nofor me.

99% of freshman are dependent student's and the cap is $3500 sub. and $2000 unsub for an entire year unless a parent is denied the Parent Plus loan

Financial Aid is not as simple as doing the FAFSA, Lazy B is dead wrong I do this for a living

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

they should have gone to a state school and gone to med school or something

Nothing to laugh about. Graduating from, say USC is a prestigious opportunity. More than often, they get higher pay off the bat too, than theircounterparts who went to a lesser known school.

Originally Posted by areyouin729

99% of freshman are dependent student's and the cap is $3500 sub. and $2000 unsub for an entire year unless a parent is denied the Parent Plus loan

Financial Aid is not as simple as doing the FAFSA, Lazy B is dead wrong I do this for a living
I didn't say all he had to do was do the FAFSA. I told him that to get started. There's also state aid as well.

The +%@$.

If I end up going to Penn, Harvard etc. Ill have over 200K in loans by the time I graduate...
Im hoping I get a full scholarship to University of Miami, otherwise Im goin to UF, which will be like 10K a year after Bright Futures

When it comes to not being allowed to bring a car your freshman year, how big a deal was that for you all?

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

If I end up going to Penn, Harvard etc. Ill have over 200K in loans by the time I graduate...
Im hoping I get a full scholarship to University of Miami, otherwise Im goin to UF, which will be like 10K a year after Bright Futures

When it comes to not being allowed to bring a car your freshman year, how big a deal was that for you all?
A bunch of BS. Most freshman bring their cars the first year and school usually doesn't care about it. As long as you don't get tickets oncampus you should be fine.

i live in maryland
2.93UW GPA 3.66W 2100SAT
accepted to summer program @ darden(uva) school of business for 3 weeks, (LEAD)
extracurriculars in check
black male

what are my chances @ UVA 2014

Just a heads up, I believe the May 1st deadline was only for State Universities (in my case in NY, SUNYs). City Universities (in my case in NY, CUNYs) stillhave time to make a choice, at least that's what I have been told.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Just a heads up, I believe the May 1st deadline was only for State Universities (in my case in NY, SUNYs). City Universities (in my case in NY, CUNYs) still have time to make a choice, at least that's what I have been told.

May 1st is the national deadline. CUNYs are year round.

Back
Top Bottom