delete

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You run far.

laugh.gif
Thats basically it? So whats the difference between it and track?

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

You run far.

laugh.gif
Thats basically it? So whats the difference between it and track?
Hills, grass, mud, cold, courses etc. I was good at it so I enjoyed it. Certainly not trying to discourage you, I prefer it to track.

Track is on a field and the longest distance is 2 miles.

Cross country you'll run till you're done.

I love sprinting. Nothing feels better than walking the guys on the high staggers
pimp.gif

Cross country is cool too. I had knee problems after a season though but that's another thing altogether.

Cross Country is pretty much how much pain you can take before giving up. It Will Hurt.

Originally Posted by Vietishi

Cross Country is pretty much how much pain you can take before giving up. It Will Hurt.

I was never involved in CC, but I know that if I run long distances I just go numb and I feel like I can go forever. Until I stop that is...Then it's awrap.

Nothing says "im good at this sport and serious about competing" quite like asking other people if they know anything about the sport.
laugh.gif

You run 3.1 mile races. At least that is what my school does. You have to have 5 people to have a team. The 5 fastest runners on your team are the ones thatcount towards winning the cross country meet. I am wearing my CC shirt right now.
laugh.gif

I ran two years of cross country for my high school.

In the first month, prepare for the most intense workouts you'll ever experience.

In the following months, prepare to work even harder to beat your mile times and improve your half mile sprints to the finish line.

You'll grow to love it, believe me.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

dont do it, youll build slow twitch muscles that will stay with you for life

word? can you expand upon this a bit more?

Originally Posted by imjy

Originally Posted by f3DJam

dont do it, youll build slow twitch muscles that will stay with you for life

word? can you expand upon this a bit more?

i exxagerated a lil, a season of cc wont do anything.
alot of it will build a majority of slow twitch fibres in your body. and would be hard to turn back into fast twitch to build size or power later on
its the difference between
SB_METRO_CROSS_COUNTRY.jpg
and
01b.jpg

From my understanding, basically the endurance running involved with CC will trigger the bigger, slower contracting muscle fibers to grow in your legs insteadof the faster contracting muscles so your legs can endure the running, which has been said to lead to: loss of explosiveness and agility.

Don't quote me on that though, it's what I've heard.

I've never seen a quick/high jumping CC runner. They're the 1mile/2 mile stars in track by far though.

Makes sense.. I use to run distance a lot in school and on my own free time...

Maybe, i'll switch things up
grin.gif

Don't do it.

Play a real sport.

In the words of Kenny Powers, "I aint tryin to be the best at exercising"

JK

Anyways, My futbol team would sometimes run the CC trails instead of the track.

Running a couple miles around the track gets very boring so I liked the trails better.

You always have to keep an eye out for obstacles and dont be the sucka that lands face first into mud.

You think CC will help me get better at bball dramatically stamina wise?

Originally Posted by imjy

Makes sense.. I use to run distance a lot in school and on my own free time...

Maybe, i'll switch things up
grin.gif

dope, i do sets of sprints for cardio instead

Tried to give it a go in high school. Way too brutal for me. And I'm a pretty good long distance runner....but not THAT kind of long distance.

I find myself better at sprints and 2 mile runs at most.

Be warned...it's mentally grueling...and you're gonna be putting alot of mileage on those legs. good luck to you.

its tough. i did it for 4 years in high school just to get in shape for bball season. be prepared to run in all types of weather and all types of terrain. itsno joke.

Back
Top Bottom