delete

so kobe one on one vs TD....

you wanna guess who's gonna win?

we talking about best basketball player here right?

Originally Posted by DubA169

if someone asked you who would you rather have to build a team around? kobe or duncan? how can you get mad at someone for answering duncan? stats don't mean everything

Ok But at the same time dont get mad at me for choosing Kobe

dirtyxcanto:
Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Both players in their prime, Duncan is the easy answer.

He's not a drama queen, and gets the job done. Period.
would duncan get the job done with kwame brown and smush parker as their starters instead of parker or ginobli?
Define 'get it done.'

Because to me, 'get it done' means 'win a championship.'

Which would mean it's not fair to ask 'Would Duncan get it done w/ Brown and Smush?', because Kobe didn't, either.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

Originally Posted by DubA169

if someone asked you who would you rather have to build a team around? kobe or duncan? how can you get mad at someone for answering duncan? stats don't mean everything

Ok But at the same time dont get mad at me for choosing Kobe
that was my point. they can both be looked at as "the best". they are just two completely different players. i would be happy to build ateam around either one in their prime. in this era especially though, i'd take duncan

When kobe came into the league I didn't really like him, cause it was like everything was handed to him, he already had a good team and was already playingon a contender, I felt like he got a good team and was benefiting from it and wasn't that good(not kobes fault) then shaq left he had a pretty horribleteam and showed he can carry a team thru a season, just like most great players that start on bad teams, then it got to the point where he was good but can heplay team ball, he got help and then started playing team ball , when he lost weight in the off season and transform his body so he can play better defense,seperated him from alot of people I gain respect for dude year after year, to get mad when people say he the best, was the way I used to feel intill he provedme wrong, what yall got against kobe basketball wise? Im not a laker fan or kobe fan just wondering

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Um......EASY huh? Didn't Kobe and the Lakers knock Ducan and Spurs out the playoffs 4 times last decade with the most recent being 2008.

The question was who would you take first to start a team.

And let's not forget about that non-call that shifted the whole series in 2008.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

C'mon Son there you go making excuses. Wasn't even close that series. Spurs really don't have a chance now a days. So, your argument just going toget worst and worst.

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

would duncan get the job done with kwame brown and smush parker as their starters instead of parker or ginobli?

Why would you only bring up that example.

EVERYBODY knows that the Lakers lost in 2004 because of Kobe.

I'm not taking anything away from the Pistons defense, but Kobe gave the Lakers NO chance to win that series.
Wait wait wait....... Smush and Kwame weren't even on the Lakers in 2004
nerd.gif

Closest thing to Jordan, Love the way other players respect him not only a player but as a person.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by dirtyxcanto

Why would you only bring up that example?

EVERYBODY knows that the Lakers lost in 2004 because of Kobe.

I'm not taking anything away from the Pistons defense, but Kobe gave the Lakers NO chance to win that series.
Wait wait wait....... Smush and Kwame weren't even on the Lakers in 2004
nerd.gif
What's your point. I'll bold something for you, maybe it will help you comprehend.

Um......EASY huh? Didn't Kobe and the Lakers knock Ducan and Spurs out the playoffs 4 times last decade with the most recent being 2008.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

C'mon Son there you go making excuses. Wasn't even close that series. Spurs really don't have a chance now a days. So, your argument just going to get worst and worst.

What wasn't close? The Spurs got shafted. If Brent Barry gets the call, he makes all 3 free throws. If the Spurs win in overtime, it's 2-2.

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.

I think the Spurs had a couple games where they had 15+ point leads and blew them in that series.

TD in his prime could do more with less. Why? cause he's 7ft and can control the game on both ends.

does that mean he's the better player in his prime? no

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

C'mon Son there you go making excuses. Wasn't even close that series. Spurs really don't have a chance now a days. So, your argument just going to get worst and worst.

What wasn't close? The Spurs got shafted. If Brent Barry gets the call, he makes all 3 free throws. If the Spurs win in overtime, it's 2-2.

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.
didnt he travel anyways?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

TD in his prime could do more with less. Why? cause he's 7ft and can control the game on both ends.

Best post in this thread.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.
Like I said wasn't even close. See what happen after that. That wasn't a foul. Brent even throw up it all late. So, you think they'regonna beat us (if they make it deep into the playoffs) this year? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! If they do meat, it'll be the 5th time Kobe knocked Ducan out theplayoffs.

Word.

no comment..................greatest players in todays game...MAYBE....wade, james & melo r close. Greatest in history? he still got a LONG WAY...bird,russell, magic, and etc. imaging if barkley is guarding him...u think he can score 20? different era...looser D....cant compare.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.
Like I said wasn't even close. See what happen after that. That wasn't a foul. Brent even throw up it all late. So, you think they're gonna beat us (if they make it deep into the playoffs) this year? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! If they do meat, it'll be the 5th time Kobe knocked Ducan out the playoffs.
1) PAUSE.

2)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

3) Go to school, dude. Your grammar is horrific.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.

indifferent.gif
That game was one of the top 10 worst officiated games I've seen in my life; the Lakers got SCREWED throughout that game to the point where I was sureESPN was gonna talk about it after the game. Then the Brent Barry thing happens and they focused on that and everyone forgot how bad the refs were leading upto that.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.
Like I said wasn't even close. See what happen after that. That wasn't a foul. Brent even throw up it all late. So, you think they're gonna beat us (if they make it deep into the playoffs) this year? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! If they do meat, it'll be the 5th time Kobe knocked Ducan out the playoffs.
1) PAUSE.

2)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Typing too fast
tongue.gif
Anyways. Um........ didn't answer myquestion, just like I thought
pimp.gif

Tim Duncan never had a crappy team in his prime.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Wasn't even close?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
@%!% outta here.
1) PAUSE.

2)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Typing too fast
tongue.gif
Anyways. Um........ didn't answer my question, just like I thought
pimp.gif
I didn't answer your question because it was irrelevant.

I said I'd take Tim Duncan in his prime over Kobe in his prime.

Kobe is still in his prime, Duncan isn't.

So what you asked really doesn't apply here.

And the Lakers are STACKED this year, so what is your point?

Back
Top Bottom