Delete

dude still defending this completely irrational decision...
laugh.gif

im bout to cop a loaded 08 g35x with 30k less miles for only 1500 more. plus infinit navi >>>>> early idrive

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I'm 30 but don't want to go jump into a new joint when I know nothing about Bimmers. No Reason to sell, I can cop a new one off my credit alone but I know nothing about em. It's like a fixer upper/Learners Bimmer. That's why I'm asking about upgrades and what not and made this thread. I like to go hard, racing and $**. I used to race Chevy's and stuff but I want to get into this Euro type $**. 15K really ain't no money, I'm not losing at all imo. I just wana learn how to take care of it, make it faster and look better. I plan on buying more older ones in the future. All I was saying is I can't afford to go Get a new 60K 2012 when I know nothing about BMW's. U gota crawl before you walk.
you definitely gonna learn da hard way b....

american muscle is WAY easier on da maintenance side to work with play around with since we're in da domestic market and replacement parts are CHEAP...euro cars are alot harder to tune because

frankly, its frowned upon to tinker with it da insides by da manufacturer...so they make it really hard for cats to mess with em. and older luxury cars tend to be electrical nightmares as well...

i admire your courage though...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

son paid 15k for that? if da mileage is near 100k then it was a boneheaded move.

90k. I don't think it was a bonehead move. Car is only 7 years old and drives like a dream... interior/exterior is A-1. I forgot this is NT. "OMG YOU PAID ___ FOR THAT?"  Whatever lol I'm satisfied with this pickup. Do what u wana do with your $ and I'll do what I want with mine.
Fam, 90k though? 
sick.gif

Hope you took it over to your local BM shop and have them look @ it. You don't need any suprises poppin up. 

I got some white and blue halo's i no longer need tho
nerd.gif

Congrats on the pickup. 535>545 though. First thing I would get are nice wheels. I would ask around in different bmw forums about good indie mechanics/shops around your way. I usually work on my own cars, but I've gotten lazy and found a pro mechanic who does side work with a lift in his garage on his off days. 60/hour so no getting raped. Good luck!

Congrats OP on your pickup.  There are going to be lots of lessons that you learn with this car, especially at 30 as your priorities are starting to shift.
Find a garage with a good certified mechanic with real BMW dealership experience that can maintain your car at a fair price, and keep a healthy emergency
fund in case of electrical issues that are typical of these vehicles.  Stay on top of your scheduled service as well. 
You're going to hear lots of negative feedback on your car, but it's what you want and what you worked for.  Enjoy it in good health.

Nice car brother
smokin.gif

Don't mind NT you know they hate on everything.
Let me borrow that at the end of the month though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Nice car brother
smokin.gif

Don't mind NT you know they hate on everything.
Let me borrow that at the end of the month though
nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
So pointing out mistakes is hating now? Oh I see.

The last couple "hating" comments were purely constructive criticism. What? You expect EVERYBODY to give props?
roll.gif

in all seriousness is this a good car to buy?.. i been looking hard for a 5-series but cant seem to find one that has decent milage/still under warranty
im about to purchase an 05' 545i with 75,000 for $17k

is that any better?.. i mean ill get a warranty through the dealership but reading all these replies is making me think twice..

what you guys think i should do?

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

in all seriousness is this a good car to buy?.. i been looking hard for a 5-series but cant seem to find one that has decent milage/still under warranty

is that any better?.. i mean ill get a warranty through the dealership but reading all these replies is making me think twice..

Get a Maxima instead. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Get a Maxima instead. 

Get an 11-12 base charger.

Originally Posted by SC415

Originally Posted by cguy610

Get a Maxima instead. 

Get an 11-12 base charger.

nice pickup. totaled my car too and looking at a 2004 5 series. i'm gonna wait for the right price and color combo though. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

I'm 30 but don't want to go jump into a new joint when I know nothing about Bimmers. No Reason to sell, I can cop a new one off my credit alone but I know nothing about em. It's like a fixer upper/Learners Bimmer. That's why I'm asking about upgrades and what not and made this thread. I like to go hard, racing and $**. I used to race Chevy's and stuff but I want to get into this Euro type $**. 15K really ain't no money, I'm not losing at all imo. I just wana learn how to take care of it, make it faster and look better. I plan on buying more older ones in the future. All I was saying is I can't afford to go Get a new 60K 2012 when I know nothing about BMW's. U gota crawl before you walk.
you definitely gonna learn da hard way b....

american muscle is WAY easier on da maintenance side to work with play around with since we're in da domestic market and replacement parts are CHEAP...euro cars are alot harder to tune because

frankly, its frowned upon to tinker with it da insides by da manufacturer...so they make it really hard for cats to mess with em. and older luxury cars tend to be electrical nightmares as well...

i admire your courage though...
Appreciate you my G. LMAOOO @ Son in the video with all the lights on. Yea i have a warranty through the dealer I copped from. American Muscle tho? Been there, done that and loved it. Had A brand new Challenger RT with the Hemi. This isn't my first new car, it's just my first Bimmer. I've always wanted one, I can drive off the lot with anything I want with my credit honestly but I can afford to cop a new $60,000 one not knowing anything the history of them, maintenance and other crap. I want to join the club basically. Might seem stupid to others but 15k Is no money, you should know that.

Go for it. Do what the %#! you wana do my G. Straight up. I love this lil car, When I get some bigger paper I wana cop more Bimmers, older models and %#!

OP, as long as you got the money for issues you're fine. Its the ppl who copp used German whips an are screwed when things go wrong. Everybody doesn't have a CPO on they bmw/audi/benz. I browse craigslist everyday, next car I'm buyin cash or I'm leasin.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by NYC game

16K -_-

I got 16k and I'm looking for a new car. but i definitly don't want a bmw, lexus or mercedes.

I want a sebring convertible or 300

The new 300 is
pimp.gif
I LOVE it!

I have about 40k saved up, but I don't plan on buying a euro, that #$%% is unnecessary in my opinion and wack anyway.

I'll probably just buy a used Integra or Civic... it'll get me from Point A to Point B without any problems.

is huh, might look into that. yeah either one of those or a dodge magnum 

laugh.gif
at dudes on NT always want to criticize someone first than being happy for the next man. The point is that he had the money which he most likely earned and was able to afford something nice for himself while most of the dudes flaming him probably don't even have a car. Let the boy cook damn

Some 545i problems (my Dad daily drives a 2005 545i):1) Steptronic transmission "hunts" at certain speed. This is a well known issue with all E60s with the step transmission. Only known temporary fix is to change the mechatronic module. This is a huge expense. You can test it by leaving car in drive or drive sport and cruise at 60 mph, the car will start hunting through gears.2)the N62 engine will develop a leak in the coolant tube that runs from the front of the engine to the back. The seal/gasket in the front is what goes bad, but only way to fix is remove the pipe connected to it. This will run $2k to fix it with new methods, or upwards of $7k if done at dealer.Car is great though, especially if you have sport package like yours does.... Just be aware that these two issues can/will occur.

Back
Top Bottom