Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate the Lakers, and by association Kobe too, and I am bummed Kobe got injured like this 
tired.gif

and honestly, the general reception is sadness and support for Kobe.... I haven't seen anyone 'celebrate' his injury

Gotta to GIVE PROPS to you when I see this type of reaction.

I could NEVER RESPECT anyone or any type of class less fan who cheers when an athlete is down like when Michael Irvin got injured at Philly and Eagle fans were cheering his injury while dude was being carted off the field.

Last edited:
Truly at a loss for words ...... As a basketball enthusiast first and foremost for over 25 years, this is painful to observe and soak in having been from the same generation as KB!

Say they do amnesty Kobe. What would they do? Give him a contract with less money? Let him walk to a different team?

Catwoman: Come with me. Save yourself. You don't owe these people any more. You've given them everything.

Batman: Not everything. Not yet.

|I

laugh.gif
 you can't ever take their comment section seriously. Its full of trolls, internet tough guys, and cynics. Following the Kings to Seattle sage, I've learned to avoid the comment section there 
Well i guess it i just learned myself to avoid it. 

I'm not gonna get all emotional over this because **** happens. What bothers me is the amount of hate Kobe gets. You don't have to like the team or him but damn people really do just hate Kobe. Being happy at another man's injury is pathetic. If this happened to Lebron, I gurantee the reception would be much different. 

You're joking right? Unless you mean by different reception he would've gotten MORE hate. Stop acting like bron ain't one of the the most hated, if not, most hated, player right now

Does any Laker fan in here want Dantoni to be the coach next year?
I sure don't...

I saw this on twitter, Interesting, but I understand that injuries are different for each individual.

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 20m
per @philcollin1 . David Beckham, at age 34 like Kobe, had torn achilles March 14, 2010 & returned Sept. 12 2010 (month ahead of schedule).

I thought if you amnesty someone, you still have to pay their salary?

You pay their salary but it no longer counts against your cap. And any team cant magically just pick up the amnestied player, it turns into something like a bit of a silent auction and certain teams have a bit more of a priority or something like that. Its more complicated then what some people think it is, as if its an instant forgiveness or contract renegotiation. Theres absolutely no way they'd amnesty him.

I thought if you amnesty someone, you still have to pay their salary?

You pay their salary but it no longer counts against your cap. And any team cant magically just pick up the amnestied player, it turns into something like a bit of a silent auction and certain teams have a bit more of a priority or something like that. Its more complicated then what some people think it is, as if its an instant forgiveness or contract renegotiation. Theres absolutely no way they'd amnesty him.

Oh okay, yeah that's what I figured.

Back
Top Bottom