Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^Didn't we beat Boston on Xmas day few years ago while kobe debuted the Zoom Kobe 4?

Last edited:

Man I miss Sasha, Ariza, Odom and 2006-2008 Circa Pau Gasol...

Has there even been a worst mistake by a player Trevor Ariza leaving the Lakers, he was king here that year we won the Championship, now he's turned into a journey player...I'd take him back in a second

Ok... I think I found something I liked..

December 5th:
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent. However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself." "There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. Arizona's Sports Page
December 7th:
But if you want to talk about truly bad, look no further than ex-Wolves forward Michael Beasley. We saw it in a tweet earlier today, and we confirmed it with a painstaking team-by-team look. He has the worst plus-minus in the NBA. Perhaps more startling is that Beasley is a minus-141 despite ranking just 108th in the NBA in minutes played this season at 27.5. Minneapolis Star-Tribune

December 10th:
Shaun Powell: Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup. Twitter @Powell2daPeople

December 11th
"He's not playing as well as he'd like to, but it's early," Sarver said. "We're working with him. He's working hard, and we still expect to be able to (salvage the situation)." USA Today

December 11th
The truly problematic part, according to a person close to the situation who spoke with USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, is that Beasley is hardly hiding his frustrations with the fact that his role isn't what he thought it would be. Beasley, who has shared his frustrations publicly recently as well, could find himself changing teams for the third time in five seasons if the situation doesn't improve leading up to the Feb. 21 trade deadline. USA Today

December 14th
In terms of those 108 offseason signees who become trade-eligible Saturday, at least three names are coming up repeatedly on the personnel grapevine: Indiana's D.J. Augustin, Phoenix's Michael Beasley and Boston's Courtney Lee. There's a reason for that, though: All three are seriously struggling. ESPN.com

Another player on that team.
August 29th
You were slated to be the starting point guard before the Suns signed Goran Dragic. Was that disappointing, or was it somewhat mitigating by playing in a system that fits your game? Kendall Marshall: That’s what I’m most excited about, the uptempo offense. I feel like getting up and down with the pieces we have on our team, we can really play to our strength. As far as playing time goes, starting or coming off the bench, that’s all up to the coach. He’s going to do what’s best for the team. Dime

November 29th:
The Phoenix Suns have assigned guard Kendall Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League, the club announced today. HoopsWorld

Come trade deadline if the two of them are still struggling:
Blake, Clark & Ebanks for Marshall and Beasley.

Beasley may be nice for D'Antoni... Young guy.. Combo forward. Can make an open corner 3. And he'd be on a team with vet at every turn trying to get him in shape mentally.
Marshall is looking like a bust.. But he's got tremendous vision. He's un-athletic, but I think he can learn a tremendous amount from a guy like Steve Nash who isn't very athletic himself. But constantly developed himself, and made crafted the player he is by improving what he was good at. I wouldn't put Marshall over Morris or Duhon in playing time, but I'd like to see where he'd be in a couple year constantly under Nash's tutelage. And it's not like he'd produce any less than Earl Clark would.

Last edited:
What is the infatuation with Beasley? He's an awful basketball player that has regressed every year.

What is the infatuation with Beasley? He's an awful basketball player that has regressed every year.

Player he could be/ Has been in flashes I guess.. He's down far on my Small Forwards list.. As is Kendall on PG list...

I'd still like to go after Ariza or Dorell Wright in February. And take our lumps at PG and try to add something there in the offseason. For our roster I think it will be relatively the same. I don't think they let MWP go, Meeks will be back, I don't think Pau is dealt. Only Jamison, Ebanks & Clark are the guys I could see being gone.

Beas is better than Ebanks... We still kind of need a SF. And I'd like to see what he could do with a roster that is better suited to his needs...

Where he is a corner 3 guy. Or slashing to the bucket... He's not called on to do too much, and he's surrounded by Veterans who are there to keep him in check.

Could it be a debacle? Yes

But he's also got a team option his 3rd year. We could simply decline his option after next year, and continue on with the huge cap space.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Laker fam

Last edited:
Pau looks a lot skinnier there than he does now.

I don't know if it's just the video. But he looks more lean, and able to move better..

Last edited:
Beasley has been moved to PF, where he's better served. So in essence, the Lakers would be trading for a younger Jamison. An inefficient tweener scorer who isn't much of a defender, passer and rebounder. Plus his third year is not a team option, but a partial guarantee.

Suns have Telfair entering the last year of his contract, so I expect they'll be giving his minutes to Marshall soon.

Last edited:
wait, so a guy that gets called out for only playing first and third quarters... and get down on himself when he misses shots early in the game... and is called toxic by his current team...

... you're excited at the prospect of his availability?

That would be the very definition of picking a guy up because he is a known name.

The last time we won on Christmas, we won a championship. No one else, but me, seems to understand this. I'm all about superstition, so cheer hard tomorrow, Laker Gang.

wait, so a guy that gets called out for only playing first and third quarters... and get down on himself when he misses shots early in the game... and is called toxic by his current team...

... you're excited at the prospect of his availability?

That would be the very definition of picking a guy up because he is a known name.

Not really... I think he isn't served by being on younger teams year after year, where he is expected to be more than what his current development is.

Ok... I think I found something I liked..
December 5th:
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent. However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself." "There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. Arizona's Sports Page
December 7th:
But if you want to talk about truly bad, look no further than ex-Wolves forward Michael Beasley. We saw it in a tweet earlier today, and we confirmed it with a painstaking team-by-team look. He has the worst plus-minus in the NBA. Perhaps more startling is that Beasley is a minus-141 despite ranking just 108th in the NBA in minutes played this season at 27.5. Minneapolis Star-Tribune
December 10th:
Shaun Powell: Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup. Twitter @Powell2daPeople
December 11th
"He's not playing as well as he'd like to, but it's early," Sarver said. "We're working with him. He's working hard, and we still expect to be able to (salvage the situation)." USA Today
December 11th
The truly problematic part, according to a person close to the situation who spoke with USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, is that Beasley is hardly hiding his frustrations with the fact that his role isn't what he thought it would be. Beasley, who has shared his frustrations publicly recently as well, could find himself changing teams for the third time in five seasons if the situation doesn't improve leading up to the Feb. 21 trade deadline. USA Today
December 14th
In terms of those 108 offseason signees who become trade-eligible Saturday, at least three names are coming up repeatedly on the personnel grapevine: Indiana's D.J. Augustin, Phoenix's Michael Beasley and Boston's Courtney Lee. There's a reason for that, though: All three are seriously struggling. ESPN.com
Another player on that team.
August 29th
You were slated to be the starting point guard before the Suns signed Goran Dragic. Was that disappointing, or was it somewhat mitigating by playing in a system that fits your game? Kendall Marshall: That’s what I’m most excited about, the uptempo offense. I feel like getting up and down with the pieces we have on our team, we can really play to our strength. As far as playing time goes, starting or coming off the bench, that’s all up to the coach. He’s going to do what’s best for the team. Dime
November 29th:
The Phoenix Suns have assigned guard Kendall Marshall to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League, the club announced today. HoopsWorld
Come trade deadline if the two of them are still struggling:
Blake, Clark & Ebanks for Marshall and Beasley.
Beasley may be nice for D'Antoni... Young guy.. Combo forward. Can make an open corner 3. And he'd be on a team with vet at every turn trying to get him in shape mentally.
Marshall is looking like a bust.. But he's got tremendous vision. He's un-athletic, but I think he can learn a tremendous amount from a guy like Steve Nash who isn't very athletic himself. But constantly developed himself, and made crafted the player he is by improving what he was good at. I wouldn't put Marshall over Morris or Duhon in playing time, but I'd like to see where he'd be in a couple year constantly under Nash's tutelage. And it's not like he'd produce any less than Earl Clark would.

You really think they'll accept that bucket of trash for two pretty quality players?

Lookin forward to the Knicks game, I think the Lakers can do it. Knicks still don't have Stoudemire, we have Nash and Gasol back. 

Watching the 61 point game on espn classic and man I forgot how good Ariza was. Matter of fact he would still be a good fit in L.A. right now....

If it crashes and burns for 6 more weeks.. Almost certainly, Yes.

And I don't think you could really even call Kendall Marshall a quality player... He's a huge project... Can he be good? Yes. But as it looks now, he is headed to be the second bust of 2012 draft (first would be Royce)

You can say this and that about equal value trades... SHWAP or MJGreat, but those types of trades rarely exist.. Especially with the new CBA, you will have plenty of teams trying to jump out of contracts especially if it is the first year of multiple years if it is going badly and they are not a large market team.. Maybe they hold onto Kendall, I could see that, and seeing where he goes, it is pretty low risk... Then you plug someone else in that trade.. But the Suns by pulling the trigger on Beas, they will get crap for him regardless of who they turn to.. That was the risk in the offseason. If you get him, and it blows up. Which it looks like it has already, you won't get much in return..

Last edited:
It's time for us to beat a team that matters. Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow.

:lol:

I'm sorry but as hot & good the Knicks have started they aren't a title contender or a threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference this season.

Nice record through the first 2 months of the season won't mean jack when they face Miami or Boston in the playoffs when the game slows down and becomes more of a half court grind & battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom