Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:
I'm sorry but as hot & good the Knicks have started they aren't a title contender or a threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference this season.
Nice record through the first 2 months of the season won't mean jack when they face Miami or Boston in the playoffs when the game slows down and becomes more of a half court grind & battle.

cool

It's time for us to beat a team that matters. Hopefully they'll show up tomorrow.

I'm sorry but as hot & good the Knicks have started they aren't a title contender or a threat to the Heat in the Eastern Conference this season.

Nice record through the first 2 months of the season won't mean jack when they face Miami or Boston in the playoffs when the game slows down and becomes more of a half court grind & battle.

Have you not seen a single Knicks game this season? Knicks are one of the top defensive teams in the league. They create the most turnovers for the opposing team and commit the least. How do you translate that into the Knicks not playing half-court basketball? Actually, you'd be better off playing the Knicks in a full-court, fast-paced game. Team doesn't get too many fast break points, and the point guards are all set offense kind of playmakers. Not to mention, Mike Woodson likes to run a set offense. The Knicks prefer a grind it out type game.

Are you stuck in 2009 and think D'Antoni is still coaching the Knicks?

:smh:

If the Knicks get the 2 seed they wont see Miami till the ECF. Only other team in the east that can beat the Knicks right now is Chicago. Knicks just don't match up well against them.

Last edited:
^ Regular season wins don't always translate to playoffs success. Look at what happened to the Lebron-led cavs few years ago. They had the best record and sure looked like a team to beat the whole season, but what happened in the playoffs?

I'm not saying the Knicks has no chance to win it all, but just take into account that it won't be easy come playoff time.

Last edited:
Knicks are this year, what I thought they could be last year.... That's a possible threat to the Heat..

I think the Heat would pull it out, but if the Knicks play excellent ball like they have, they got a shot at going to the Finals.

But they can't have very many mistakes come playoff time. Also not sure how Amar'e will change the Knicks dynamic. Best he can do is have no effect positive or negative. Not dissing Stat, but he has a potential to slam the breaks on the Knicks because he can negatively impact the dynamic.

Last edited:
^ Regular season wins don't always translate to playoffs success. Look at what happened to the Lebron-led cavs few years ago. They had the best record and sure looked like a team to beat the whole season, but what happened in the playoffs?

I'm not saying the Knicks has no chance to win it all, but just take into account that it won't be easy come playoff time.

I agree with you 100%. Regular season wins don't mean anything in the playoffs. It's a new season. But to say the Knicks aren't a threat and they also happen to be the 2nd seed right now in the east is disrespect for an entire conference and giving the Heat too much credit. They're only a half game ahead of NY :lol:

That's why I mentioned Chicago. They're really the only team that scares me (as a Knicks fan). I'm very level headed and rational. Chicago matches up VERY well against the Knicks. They have answers for everything we do well. They have perimeter defenders to put pressure on our guards. They have bigs to match up against Chandler, they're help defense is amazing to stop penetration while playing zone defense and they rebound very well. Now, if STAT comes back and contributes 14-17 points off the bench or whatever role he has come playoff time--I wouldn't worry too much. But for now, Chicago is a legitimate threat for the Knicks.

Knicks are this year, what I thought they could be last year.... That's a possible threat to the Heat..

I think the Heat would pull it out, but if the Knicks play excellent ball like they have, they got a shot at going to the Finals.

But they can't have very many mistakes come playoff time.

That's another thing about the Knicks and it's been a problem for awhile now. Once things don't go their way and the ref's make "questionable" calls against them--they lose their composure and let the game get away from them. They lead the league in technical fouls collectively as a team and I think Melo leads the league individually.They go away from the gameplan and start to play ISO ball. It happened a couple times this year, against Memphis and the last time we play Chicago.

EDIT: I wanted to really talk about the game today, instead of the Knicks. After all, I am in the Lakers season thread. Just got sidetracked with foolish statements.

I think the Lakers will find a way to win today, honestly. Lakers are the best rebounding team in the league and the Knicks just don't rebound the ball. That's the BIGGEST issue with the Knicks and it will come back to haunt us. Also, I think with Nash back, D'Antoni will want to run a faster offense. Knicks don't play well in that kind of pace. Houston blew us out both times we played them, and all our other losses had one statistical category that stayed consistent--Fast break points differential in favor of the other team. It was significant. Knicks really prefer a half-court, grind it out game.

Plus, it's a marquee game on a national holiday on national TV. Lakers will win this one out. I see an LA upside coming now. Just gotta figure out what you're gonna do with Gasol. Dude does NOT fit in D'Antoni's system. I'm sure you guys discussed this before in great detail--he's not a long term solution.

Also, the defense is a HUGE issue. D'Antoni does not preach defense. This is coming from a Knicks fan who had to bare witness 4 years of this man's coaching philosophies transpire onto a basketball court. The man can score and score in bunches, but he does not preach defense. It's like what someone said weeks ago. His style of offense prompts more possessions for the other team, which translates into more chances to score. That's not a winning brand of basketball in the post-season.

Last edited:
Ryan Andersen on the Dwightmare last season

Frmr Magic teammate Ryan Anderson didn't see Dwight Howard ever really wanting to join Nets & always eyed Lakers “From Dwight’s perspective, it didn’t seem like he wanted that too happen too much,’’ Anderson said of Howard joining the Nets. “From my understanding, that’s what it seemed like from everybody’s perspective (that Howard wanted to to the Lakers).’’ Sulia

Ryan Andersen on the Dwightmare last season

Frmr Magic teammate Ryan Anderson didn't see Dwight Howard ever really wanting to join Nets & always eyed Lakers “From Dwight’s perspective, it didn’t seem like he wanted that too happen too much,’’ Anderson said of Howard joining the Nets. “From my understanding, that’s what it seemed like from everybody’s perspective (that Howard wanted to to the Lakers).’’ Sulia

As much of a B Dwight is, I give him props for playing at the level he's playing at. Dude just ha back surgery a couple of months ago and playing hard out there. You can talk about how he's an 8 year old attention ***** trapped in a mans body, but you can't question his toughness.

Knicks by 13.
113-100.
Lakers due for an L.
And its Christmas.
Why break tradition eh?

Lakers 92-83

p.s Celtics were on a 19 game winning streak coming to that game too

Last edited:
The funny thing is the Knicks are borrowing heavily from D'Antoni's offense and the Lakers have been better on defense than the Knicks according to their Defensive Rating thus far in the season. :lol:

:lol: sounds like what everybody was saying about the Heat last year....myself included

Granted its very early in the season but theres no need to discredit the knicks or Melo , im a diehard NBA fan and ive rarely seen a team or player so in sync and playing so well.....Melo lookin like a young Kobe out there but more of a willing passer and its been a pleasure to watch.

:lol: sounds like what everybody was saying about the Heat last year....myself included
Granted its very early in the season but theres no need to discredit the knicks or Melo , im a diehard NBA fan and ive rarely seen a team or player so in sync and playing so well.....Melo lookin like a young Kobe out there but more of a willing passer and its been a pleasure to watch.

Wrong !

Young Kobe during the 3peat championship runs led those teams in assists each year and faciltated the triangle offense.While making 1st team all nba and 1st team all defensive where he was an actually a lock down defender thoughout the seasons.

Last edited:
The Lakers better be running Pau at Melo every time he catches the ball if Morris really is defending him.

Back
Top Bottom