Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LAL — Miles/Walton/Speights/Smith

ATL — Gibson/Casspi/Peace

CLE — Meeks/Gasol

To match contracts, would only have to deal with Walton for a matter of months. ATL's not pulling another Joe Johnson paying Smith max & only a lowly (& stupid) franchise would grant him that with no chance to contend. Get paid reasonably alongside Howard while residing in LA sounds better. ATL gets out of overpaying Smith for years & gets that defensive presence in Peace + a backup with Casspi + a expiring SG they need since Williams is out. CLE sheds Gibson/Walton/Casspi, subs Meeks lower contract for Miles & receive Gasol.

Nash / Kobe / Smith / Speights / Howard

Was on the road driving all day. Sad I missed it. But I was glued to the gamecast on my phone.

Props to homie who posted game highlights a couple pages ago.

Really proud of today's win. I hope we don't let the Pelicans beat us, it would be a shame to waste a loss on them when were finally starting to look good.

Glad Dwight said they need to stay humble and focused. It's cool to be happy, but they have to keep telling each other they're not even close to .500 yet. Keep playing with the same passion and keep racking up wins.

A long way to go, but it's nice to see them finally gel as a team a bit. A lot of props to Kobe, but a lot of props to everyone else.
Especially Clark and Jamison, they were constantly cutting the lanes and giving Kobe easy passes to make.

Keep moving! Keep cutting! That's all I've asked for. When you keep moving without the ball things will happen.

Good Win today :pimp:

But let's regroup and focus on the Hornets now. Lets not pull a Lakers and let it be a trap game.

LAL — Miles/Walton/Speights/Smith

ATL — Gibson/Casspi/Peace

CLE — Meeks/Gasol

To match contracts, would only have to deal with Walton for a matter of months. ATL's not pulling another Joe Johnson paying Smith max & only a lowly (& stupid) franchise would grant him that with no chance to contend. Get paid reasonably alongside Howard while residing in LA sounds better. ATL gets out of overpaying Smith for years & gets that defensive presence in Peace + a backup with Casspi + a expiring SG they need since Williams is out. CLE sheds Gibson/Walton/Casspi, subs Meeks lower contract for Miles & receive Gasol.

Nash / Kobe / Smith / Speights / Howard

:rofl: I'm not into the trade speculations or an expert at creating these scenarios. But dude are you serious? :x

F yeah! :smokin

I will be savoring this moment for a while... feels Goodman.
I will trust that they can keep this up and that D12 can play correct.

So now we have folks askin Kobe to get 20 and 10 nightly for 4 more years. :lol:

You guys make me wanna shoot myself in the foot.

The pace has finally been slowed down. Thank God for that.

Nothing matters if they don't stack wins on top of these and even an 8 seed isn't the goal. Get your minds right.

Win games, Figueroa.

That's it.

Win games, then Figueroa. All that matters. Not 8 seed, 7 seed, .500, none of that nonsense.

We are Lakers.

#Figueroa

kobe had a COMPLETE SICK GAME to put it shortly. NO ARGUING THAT. He knew when to attack or make a play for somebody else.

so impressed by the cutters today though! no1 stood around and just watched kobe... when they saw kobe attack and beat his man, they were cutting hard and with a purpose! they got rewarded with easy buckets from kobe's nice passes... and wow even pansy boy Gasoft got in on the cutting thing as well...

but still ALOT of things to clean up, they cant be satisfied and must continue to get better.

Nash is being more like Steve Nash though. He looks more comfortable out there just dishing and scoring.. loving it

Just a few things I wanted to say:
The emergence of Earl Clark is really nice as he brings versatility to our lineup. In teams like OKC, Heat, Grizzlies etc, we can have somebody to guard Durant,Lebron,Gay besides MWP. And at the same time, stay big with Pau and Dwight playing. Imagine if Hill could still play this season :frown: :smh:

Also, I agree with LTB. Not only do we need to give props to Kobe Johnson, but also to his teammates. WIth them moving around, cutting and making their shots, it makes everything easier for Kobe. I kinda notice that sometimes, Kobe holds the ball too long with the intent of just passing and when everything else fails, he just passes it to Nash. Thanks goodness we got a playmaker who can create his own shot besides Kobe.

Lastly, we gotta keep up our defense. Guys need to talk on the floor and help one another. Hopefully, we can get this W streak going and get that playoff spot.

Last edited:
Lakers are playing with SO much common sense right now.

Kobe is dishing it because he has the team for it.

Pau is playing inside and using his height.

Dwight is only focusing on defense with most of his offense being lobs and catch-dunk situations off drives by kobe/nash.

Jamison is not camped at the three point line chucking

Nash is shooting more because he is always open.

M.Dantoni is sticking with one starting lineup for more then 2 games.

This is what the entire season should have been. 

Whats most impressive about the win vs OKC as opposed to our other big victories is that we won the right way.  Not by Kobe dropping 40 or Meeks making 6 threes - but rather by playing with strategy and purpose.

Dwight still hasn't joined the party yet, we need to get him on a run of big games, make it known that he is back there, every single night.

I have never seen a player in my life pick up fouls in bunches like he does. Even Mark Madsen and Travis Knight played a couple minutes without picking up 3 fouls in 70 seconds. :smh: That **** KILLS Dwight. He's playin fine, we're good, we're good, only 1-2 fouls, and then boom, he gets 3 fouls back to back to back. It's annoying as hell.

God I wish Jordan Hill was still available. He at the 4, and Clark at the 3 with Dwight would have changed a lot about our oldness, our defense, everything. Damn it.

Blake back means no more Duhon I hope.

And Nash shooting/scoring will certainly help a bit, but teams will adjust to Kobe tryin to play down low and create. It won't last long. But in theory, it works well with Pau on his side, Dwight on the opposite side for lobs, and Nash spaced out with Ron in the corner. In theory, that's nice. Gives Kobe every option, and of course he can always lull the defender and go to the hoop himself, or use his fadeaway. That's a lot of options in one set. But defenses will start to adjust.

Hornets are tough. Have to be ready for those kids, they are young as hell and run and hustle for 48 minutes. It's fan night, so watch Monty, he's a great young coach. Dude was wearin jeans yesterday during his game. :wow: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom