Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Little known fact from yesterday.

Kobe surpassed MJ all time assists. Game before that, he surpassed AI.

Next up on the list, Kareem and Bird.

This is the type of game I was talking about when I said "Fools Gold" performance against the Jazz on Friday who are non-contenders. But I really think this is the best game that the Lakers can play with the current team. Now the question is can they do this night in and night out? I know Kobe wants to win but how long is he willing to accept this Kobe Johnson mentality? In my opinion when Dwight was out of the game they played MUCH better with the pace of the game.

I don't understand how some of u guys can say tes will simple adjust to Kobe passing :lol:... U take away the passing lanes he's just gonna score the damn ball at will, u send a double he finds the open man. The best thing he's doing right now is looking at what the defense is giving and taking it, he's not necessarily looking to pass first or looking to dominate the ball for certain sequences during the game like in the past.

The only thing I see stopping this is if guys don't knock down shots and Kobe panicks and starts chucking it... Other than, it's nothing *Jeezy Voice* :lol:

And I wonder what role MDA or Nash played in selling Kobe on being a facilitator
laugh.gif
highly doubt MDA did anything. I think the team is pretty much coaching themselves.

If we had a better coach - we would have been playing like this from day one.  Instead MDA came in and gave everyone the green light to shoot 7 seconds into the shot clock and run the fast break with Darius Morris and Duhon.

Combo of everything. Guys are getting healthier. Getting more minutes with each other. Rotation is settling. Learning roles, tendencies, things like that. Stay healthy, keep working on things, keep the pace down, they should be fine.

The best thing he's doing right now is looking at what the defense is giving and taking it, he's not necessarily looking to pass first or looking to dominate the ball for certain sequences during the game like in the past.

I wanted to emphasize this. I think that's what we all would prefer out of Kobe. Read the defense and adjust. Please don't force the issue...make the right basketball play. Whether it be a pass or a shot. If he can do that, teammates will continue to be involved and Kobe should be able to take advantage of the one on one matchups he'll continue to see. Reminds me of that Michael Jordan video where he's talking about the basics of basketball and taking what the defense gives him each play.

[quote name="CP"]So now we have folks askin Kobe to get 20 and 10 nightly for 4 more years.[/quote]Who asked that, though? Oh right... nobody.

Interesting that you would interpret the discussion that way, though. Very... telling.

someone asked me if Kobe continue to play like this for 4 years, where he would rank on my all time list. I answered. thats not asking anything of Kobe at all.

but I do think that the more a supreme talent keep his teammates involved, the better his team will be. you think that if a supreme talent dominates himself and kind of remembers his teammates every now and then, he's good; among the greatest, even.

Just different basketball philosophies. Remove the gun from your foot. Lots of people have different philosophies than yours.

Why, for the love of God, even ask about 20 and 10 for 4 years, at age 34-37, when LEBRON is only doing 20 and 8 thru his 20's?

Why even bring that up? Chris Paul doesn't even have 4 of those seasons and after 2 games we have a discussion about it? Why? Certainly Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, TMac in China could do this same stuff with ease so I'm not impressed.

And nothing has changed other than them actually hitting the shots. This assist excitement is nothing more than a blip. Once defenses adjust and they fall behind and he tries to keep them close and takes 20 shots, everything will go back to normal.

C'mon guys, I know you like to debate things and its the right place for debating...but why argue about a hypothetical situation that's frankly not even realistic?

It was just a random question at a random time, it was answered, we've moved on.
No need for tension over it now :lol:

Give each other a bro hug and move forward :lol:

Last edited:
Metta needs to stop with the bonehead plays. I've said it before, but it's still worth saying - whenever he tries to drive or post up (which is way more often than should be allowed), it hurts the flow of the team. If he stopped doing this, which leads to kicking the ball off his foot or fumbling it or a off-balance wild shot, I think it would make a world of difference overall. Some may still see "you get the good with the bad" like it's an excuse, but enough is enough. Meeks does the same **** but at least he gets his minutes yanked.

Pau is coming along, both physically and within the "offense." He fits with Dwight, but I'm not sure D'Antoni will reverse course and put him back in the starting 5, although he tends to finish games on the floor anyway.

Earl is like a slightly less mobile Trevor Ariza. Smart, hustle, great timing.

Metta is like that football player that calls basketball players soft then when he gets on the court he can't dribble for **** and has no coordination. The only time he should shoot is if he's open. He has been playing better lately though.

Everyone should also note, they are not running D'Antoni's offense at this point either. No where in the MDA offense does a guard post up outside the block and read the defense.

They are basically just running school yard plays, concepts of any offenses they've run before. Pick and rolls, pick and pops, drive and kicks, iso's, Earl had the Matt Barnes cut from the angle, Dwight had a post up kick to the corner.

Since they have 4 elite minds and all from different offensive backgrounds, rather than form them into one concept, they can play to each of their strengths in pieces. Something they needed to do from day 1, not run the Princeton, and then the SSOL. :smh:

Hence, why Bernie was so successful for a week, even without Nash.

Let them be great.

Y'all got together and planned all this Magic Bryant, Kobe Johnson, #324 foolishness just to irk me, didn't you?

Jerks. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom