Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dwight's problem is he doesn't know anything about footwork or positioning. He thinks just because hes in the post he should get the ball.

No.

You gotta get in a good position. You gotta set your feet. You gotta be ready for a quick step towards the basket. You gotta be ready for the lob pass.
You gotta be ready for them to try to strip the ball from you as soon as you get the ball.

All of that is fixed with good positioning and footwork.

He throws his arms up and calls for the ball when he's not even in a good post position. When he gets the ball, he looks at the basket and realizes he's further than he thought...then he panics and attempts to dribble off the wrong foot putting the ball right in front of the defender to strip.

It took Bynum a while but he finally achieved the consistent ability to get in great post position everytime down the court. Not only that, but he also developed great footwork which is why he was such an efficient scorer down low. Sure Bynum had his share of put backs and alley-oops, but a majority of Bynums points were created by his own post moves down low. The same cant be said for Dwight.

Dude seriously needs to look at Kobe's footwork and positioning in the post. I swear if Kobe was 7 feet tall he'd abuse Centers in the post in ways Dwight couldn't even dream of :smh:

Last edited:
its official. i have given up on dwight. this guy just doesnt get it. his body language to me reads that he has given up on the season. one day he might win a championship who knows but i dont want him on the lakers. ill take a healthy gasol over a healthy dwight right now.

soapbox-image.jpg

Damn man, Dwight learnin the hard way about Laker folk expectations. :lol:

He either learns from it, or leaves to a quiter life and will be known as a failure on the biggest stage.

Damn man, Dwight learnin the hard way about Laker folk expectations.
laugh.gif

He either learns from it, or leaves to a quiter life and will be known as a failure on the biggest stage.
the sad part is that even non-laker fans expected more from this guy. when the competition is even disappointed in the product that speaks for itself.

Dwight's problem is he doesn't know anything about footwork or positioning. He thinks just because hes in the post he should get the ball.

No.

You gotta get in a good position. You gotta set your feet. You gotta be ready for a quick step towards the basket. You gotta be ready for the lob pass.
You gotta be ready for them to try to strip the ball from you as soon as you get the ball.

All of that is fixed with good positioning and footwork.

He throws his arms up and calls for the ball when he's not even in a good post position. When he gets the ball, he looks at the basket and realizes he's further than he thought...then he panics and attempts to dribble off the wrong foot putting the ball right in front of the defender to strip.

It took Bynum a while but he finally achieved the consistent ability to get in great post position everytime down the court. Not only that, but he also developed great footwork which is why he was such an efficient scorer down low. Sure Bynum had his share of put backs and alley-oops, but a majority of Bynums points were created by his own post moves down low. The same cant be said for Dwight.

Dude seriously needs to look at Kobe's footwork and positioning in the post. I swear if Kobe was 7 feet tall he'd abuse Centers in the post in ways Dwight couldn't even dream of :smh:

This is why I say he WASTED money by going to Hakeem Olajuwon...He learned absolutely NOTHING...

Last edited:
I hope I'm not the only one that has a problem w/ Dwight not sitting out the allstar game.
Can't say that I agree with you but this is his chance to smile, laugh and do his lame antics without anyone getting on his case...So i think he will play.

Last edited:
Rick Fox went in on Dwight on ESPN Radio Max & Marcellus earlier today. On point. I really hope Dwight was listening.

I don't know if you guys caught the Fox interview with Max and Marcellus

Here's the link to the interview for those interested in listening to the whole thing.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8938049

-Fox asked Max and Marcellus what was Dwight's highest PPG average when he was the number one option. They said 20-22ppg and Fox was like ( im paraphrasing here) "So why would you go into a big guy 20-30 times a game and you're only going to get 20-22 points as a NUMBER ONE OPTION?

-He went on to talk about Dwight in Orlando and when the Lakers played them in the finals. How their game plan was to shut out on the shooters and take them out of the game, and when Dwight had to score 40-45 points a game he couldnt.

- Said Dwight is the same player he was when he first came into the league. How he does not see any major improvements in his game today compared to his 2nd/3rd year in the league.

- He also mentioned that everything he's hearing from Dwight and seeing from Dwight screams he doesnt want to be here.

- He said that Dwight needs to sit down and really think about the history of this franchise. If he did that he would realize the rich legacy and embrass it. And by doing that he would fall in line and not butt heads with Kobe. One of the greatest to ever do it. He said would he butt heads with Jordan like this? Max said he just m ight and then Fox said then he needs to go.

- Said Dwight should find value in being a Bill Russell for this team

- Said from the things he's hearing from Dwight he has a loser's mentality.

- He also said Dwight needs to realize doing it his way has him exactly where he is today. No rings. He needs to realize he has people around him that have won mulitple times saying this is not the way you do things. This is not championship play or a championship mentality

Pretty much Fox was saying Dwight isn't really committed to being a Laker and doesn't want to be a part of being in the LA spotlight.

Last edited:
Relax. He doesn't have to go, he has to buy in, and learn. It may take a sec, but somebody will get thru to him. He's probably learning right now the way all of Lakerland comin down on him. :lol:

Here's the link to the interview for those interested in listening to the whole thing.

-Fox asked Max and Marcellus what was Dwight's highest PPG average when he was the number one option. They said 20-22ppg and Fox was like ( im paraphrasing here) "So why would you go into a big guy 20-30 times a game and you're only going to get 20-22 points as a NUMBER ONE OPTION?

-He went on to talk about Dwight in Orlando and when the Lakers played them in the finals. How their game plan was to shut out on the shooters and take them out of the game, and when Dwight had to score 40-45 points a game he couldnt.

- Said Dwight is the same player he was when he first came into the league. How he does not see any major improvements in his game today compared to his 2nd/3rd year in the league.

- He also mentioned that everything he's hearing from Dwight and seeing from Dwight screams he doesnt want to be here.

- He said that Dwight needs to sit down and really think about the history of this franchise. If he did that he would realize the rich legacy and embrass it. And by doing that he would fall in line and not butt heads with Kobe. One of the greatest to ever do it. He said would he butt heads with Jordan like this? Max said he just m ight and then Fox said then he needs to go.

- He also said Dwight needs to realize doing it his way has him exactly where he is today. No rings. He needs to realize he has people around him that have won mulitple times saying this is not the way you do things. This is not championship play or a championship mentality
Pretty much Fox was saying Dwight isn't really committed to being a Laker and doesn't want to be a part of being in the LA spotlight.
QFT. Hope he hears these comments. Its right on the money.

Can't say that I agree with you but this is his chance to smile, laugh and do his lame antics without anyone getting on his case...So i think he will play.

he would respond the same way he's been responding by saying "oh i don't listen to them. they shouldn't tell me how to play, i'll play how i play. their time has already passed. this team needs to continue to stay together, etc etc etc."

the same rehashed bs

Dwight.... I've honestly seen teams purposely pull down on your arms (more than usual) and I've seen teams, especially earlier in the season, push off/elbow u in the lower back on rebounds (more than usual) but u don't go to the media w/ that man :smh: :smh: :smh:

why is everyone going in on dhoward?

like... famb took hedo turkoglu to the finals...

woulda beat the lakers if skip to my lou would have stayed the pg...

i swear people just listen to the media and not eem try to create their own opinion.

i swear people just listen to the media and not eem try to create their own opinion.

NO! :lol:

QFT. Hope he hears these comments. Its right on the money.

You have to agree with most of what Rick Fox said. He's on the money.

Rick is a winner and even though he wasn't the reason why the Lakers won all those rings, he was still a vital piece that understood what it takes to win. If I was Dwight, i'd stop being a "diva" and listen to the people around me.

There's a difference being in a storied franchise and being in a storied franchise that's known for winning. Dwight has the advantage of being around winners and that in itself is a HUGE advantage towards his development and approach to the game. It's really a shame how he's not taking advantage of that.

8-9 years in the league and he's still complaining and crying about how things aren't going his way. I LOVED Dwight Howard when he came into the league. I was talking about how he'd be this dominant freak, but I should've known better when he said the NBA should have a cross incorporated with the logo :lol:

I've been Dwights biggest critic for years but he doesn't deserve this much ridicule from Laker nation. He never asked to be in L.A., he never wanted this, he didnt want to play with Kobe - y'all were just expecting way too much out of him.

However, Laker fans don't deserve to be held hostage by Dwights indecisiveness, sensitivity, and lack of commitment either.

K-Love to LA, Brook Lopez to Minn, and Dwight Howard to BK. Everyone's happy, everyone wins. At this point, I don't see how Mitch wouldn't do it if Minnesota oblidges.

* Some of y'all were talking about Dwight and Hakeem and how's he learned nothing. Rick Fox was wrong, he has def gotten better down low throughout the years but in the wrong way. I never understood why Dwight went to Hakeem, that was his first mistake. Hakeem's offensive arsenal was so deep because he could hit 12-15 jump shots and fadeaways in his sleep. He used that as a threat to dream-shake and use finesse moves. Dwight has never had that type of game, never would.

Dwight should have been calling Shaq and pleading for help instead of Hakeem. Shaq had just as good footwork but used it differently, his footwork and coordination were amazing because he knew how to use his strength and athleticism to dominate, that's who Dwight should have been calling during the offseason in 2007. Shaq would be in Orlando during the summers, Dwight had his chances, but both just have way to big of egos.

I've been Dwights biggest critic for years but he doesn't deserve this much ridicule from Laker nation. He never asked to be in L.A., he never wanted this, he didnt want to play with Kobe - y'all were just expecting way too much out of him.

Man, what are you talking about? Yes he did. He has people like you around him and that's exactly why he's as soft as he his now. Everyone wants to pacify and baby him. -_-

ricky had a point...it was a BIG DEAL when jameer came back and started...it changed how they played, and they obviously wasnt as good when jameer came back...

lets not forget we were a courtney lee missed layup and a clutch fisher 3 in orl from having a MUCH DIFFERENT series...

i think ricky made a good point...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom