Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another part of this story... Rondo tore his ACL... Means we go from one injured player to another... And then give up on this season..

Why give up... We are not eliminated.

BUT let's say you don't think you can build a team around Dwight.. You sure as hell can't build one around Rajon Rondo

Last edited:
Seriously though... Lakers trade for Rondo...

Then what...

Steve Nash doesn't exist? We're keeping Steve Nash... Story doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Steve Nash. Which is pretty damn important to this story.

If Lakers trade Dwight for Rondo, we may as well pack it in for a few seasons.. That's how laughable that trade is.

nash would have the reduced role he needs.
i'd feel more comfortable with rondo on my team than with dwight.
kobe likes rondo more than dwight

doubt this happens but i would welcome it

Seriously though... Lakers trade for Rondo...

Then what...

Steve Nash doesn't exist? We're keeping Steve Nash... Story doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Steve Nash. Which is pretty damn important to this story.

If Lakers trade Dwight for Rondo, we may as well pack it in for a few seasons.. That's how laughable that trade is.

nash would have the reduced role he needs.
i'd feel more comfortable with rondo on my team than with dwight.
kobe likes rondo more than dwight

doubt this happens but i would welcome it

1. Nash's role would be down to like 10 minutes a game next year. Rondo plays 37.4 mpg. So unless you want to put Nash as a SG. Which I am 100% against then no thanks.
2. You shouldn't
3. No proof of that at all.

Last edited:
1. Nash's role would be down to like 10 minutes a game next year. Rondo plays 37.4 mpg. So unless you want to put Nash as a SG. Which I am 100% against then no thanks.
2. You shouldn't
3. No proof of that at all.

yeah i can see how nash's role would be a problem. obviously, that's the main problem. i don't think they would amnesty him but that's an option

i think rondo would be okay with being a second/third option, because he clearly doesn't want the bulk of the shots on any team. dwight thinks he's a first option but he has no offensive game. rondo has no offensive game either but at least he likes to pass the ball and is good at it

kobe always praises rondo's competitive nature, rondo is more about business than dwight. sure kobe has never said he prefers rondo to dwight but it is reasonable to assume that kobe would prefer to have a player like rondo on his team than a player like dwight

The problem with amnestying MWP is you're moving one of Kobe's security blankets. From everything I've read and heard, Kobe loves MWP for his presence and competitive nature. Ultimately, Kobe would suck it up and hoop, but the Lakers better be aware it probably wouldn't please Kobe all while lessening an already thin team.

Ron's contract costing the team close to 30 mil for one year is easily explainable to Kobe tho. He'd have no but to understand that.

The problem with amnestying MWP is you're moving one of Kobe's security blankets. From everything I've read and heard, Kobe loves MWP for his presence and competitive nature. Ultimately, Kobe would suck it up and hoop, but the Lakers better be aware it probably wouldn't please Kobe all while lessening an already thin team.
Ron's contract costing the team close to 30 mil for one year is easily explainable to Kobe tho. He'd have no but to understand that.
eek.gif
 how?!?!?

eek.gif

how?!?!?

Salary... Plus tax.. Plus repeater's tax.

Not sure it's $30mil. But it's at least $22mil. Don't have the % off the top of my head.

Last edited:
LAL — Udrih/Korver/Smith

ATL — Dunleavy/Peace/Clark/Mbah a Moute

MIL — Morris/Meeks/Gasol

Nash/Kobe/Korver/Smith/Howard

wait so lakers are thinking of trading for rondo?? then who will be our center....sacre?!

Story is a month old.. And just being reported...

No indication of who called who.. No talk about Nash...

Basically just forget you ever heard it.

David Aldridge: Source who would definitely know re: reported Rondo/Howard talks: "nothing. Zero. Nada. Niente. Clear?" So, there's that.

Last edited:

$7.7M x 2 (luxury tax for the uninformed) = $15.4M

Unless the Lakers can receive three players for Pau, I don't think they can amnesty MWP because of how painfully thin the roster is. I understand the financial reasons though.

Where's the additional $7.7M coming from? The repeater tax? That's on Kobe's contract more than anybody else. :lol:

eek.gif

how?!?!?
Salary... Plus tax.. Plus repeater's tax.

Not sure it's $30mil. But it's at least $22mil. Don't have the % off the top of my head.
damn thats insane. 

As a Kings fan, the luxury tax and all that is the one thing I have zero clue about.... because, ya know.......
LAL — Udrih/Korver/Smith

ATL — Dunleavy/Peace/Clark/Mbah a Moute

MIL — Morris/Meeks/Gasol

Nash/Kobe/Korver/Smith/Howard
only way ATL does this is if they 100% know Smith ain't coming back... even then they're gonna want some pieces back other than just Clark 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the additional $7.7M coming from? The repeater tax? That's on Kobe's contract more than anybody else. :lol:

True.. His contract is still a piece of crap for the play he's given in the past 6 weeks when we need him to keep it going.

lol they traded away Derek fisher. You think they care what kobe feels?

Welp Mitch quickly shot down that rumor, funny how someone can say something and it easily becomes preliminary talks

lol they traded away Derek fisher. You think they care what kobe feels?
No, but they just better prepare themselves when the bus runs them over.

This season sucks.

Always injured, horrible coaching, and constant trade ideas swirling around.

Plus we keep losing, and losing to our arch rivals.

I can't wait till the season is over and that big **** decides to stay or go..

This season sucks.

Always injured, horrible coaching, and constant trade ideas swirling around.

Plus we keep losing, and losing to our arch rivals.

I can't wait till the season is over and that big **** decides to stay or go..

It's the coaching man - DA is just a terrible coach.

PJ took 4 strong egos to the finals in '03-'04 and almost would've won a title if they had continued to listen to him and not tune him out.

DA may not even take these guys to 0.500.

Back
Top Bottom