Delete

Ray spoke the truth.  Now we have to take care of business Monday night just to ensure that the refs don't give the game away for us. 

Even if his fine is covered by Ray Lewis and others, it still makes me :smh: that he was even fined in the first place.

I am not surprised at all that Brooks was fined.  A fine is the NFL's way of saving face for the terrible call.  If the NFL chose not to fine him, it would lead to even more outrage.  People would say "see, the NFL didnt even fine him for the hit.  If it was really a penalty, he would have gotten a fine."

I am still pissed about the call.  Brooks being fined doesn't make me any more upset though.  Like I said, I expected it. 

I am not surprised at all that Brooks was fined.  A fine is the NFL's way of saving face for the terrible call.  If the NFL chose not to fine him, it would lead to even more outrage.  People would say "see, the NFL didnt even fine him for the hit.  If it was really a penalty, he would have gotten a fine."

I am still pissed about the call.  Brooks being fined doesn't make me any more upset though.  Like I said, I expected it. 

It's a QB league. Not just any QBs. Guys like Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Manning will always be protected. Yet when Kap gets hit like that, no call. :smh:

PG
Jeremy Lin
HOU@DAL $6,400
Remove
PG
Greivis Vasquez
SAC@PHO $5,400
Remove
SG
Gerald Green
SAC@PHO $4,600
Remove
SG
Monta Ellis
HOU@DAL $8,100
Remove
SF
Shawn Marion
HOU@DAL $6,400
Remove
SF
Andre Iguodala
MEM@GS $7,800
Remove
PF
David Lee
MEM@GS $7,800
Remove
PF
Terrence Jones
HOU@DAL $4,400
Remove
C
DeMarcus Cousins
SAC@PHO $9,100

What y'all think? This is for late night

im feeling a bit optimistic about our game on MNF.

i HOPE the skins' defense is what the doctor ordered. If the offense can't get it going against this swiss cheese def....oh lawd

The way these guys are playing they dont deserve their own gameday thread.

I hope Harbaugh pulls Roman's head out of his ***. :smh:

lol i was re-watching the game here at work and i noticed that a lot of times saints had 9, even 10 guys in the box. Straight up disrespectful. :smh: Greg roman needs to pull his head out of his *** and take what the defense is giving up. get away from 22 personnel and spread the defense out. really need to get back to our west coast roots and get back to bill walsh's philosphy of the short passing game being an extension of the running game. need more short timing routes with more 3/5 step drops.

this team isnt the same without delanie in our base 22 personnel package. teams had to respect his ability to block, run routes and catch the ball(stop having selective memories plz). i wont judge him on his receiving abilities because he hasnt had much oppurtunity(although he had that huuuuge drop vs car), but vance isn't half the blocker delanie was.

Last edited:
i mean people only want to remember the drops from last year and that it's it. he had ONE year where he had a bunch of drops but what receiver hasn't? for the most part he was pretty reliable. people forget he was the SECOND tight end on the depth chart. a second tight end who was fast, physical and could not only do everything asked of a tight end, but also played excellent special teams. A tight end who not only could lineup on the line, but could be flexed out and run respectable routes. Who caught the game winning pass on a short cross vs the lions? who freed frank gore up in the superbowl to run into the endzone? His ability to get vertical forced the secondaries to respect him. This guy did so much for this team but people only want to remember his drops. vance isn't half as good as delanie is at blocking either. with all of the 22 personnel we run delanie was integral to our success.

delanie last year even with all his drops

21 receptions, 344 yds, 3 tds

vance this year so far

7 receptions, 96 yds, 0 tds

btw delanie this year

39 receiptions, 403 yards, 5 tds

we definitely couldn't use him right now...:rolleyes

i really thought we wouldn't miss him but man was i wrong. :smh: i even asked john what was wrong with the 49ers passing game this year and first thing he said "they dont have D-love(delanie) anymore"

49ers base package features 22 personnel. 22 personnel=2 tight ends, 2 backs. The strengths of 22 grouping is that it allows you to use the power run game while still being able to drop back and having a potent passing attack. You NEED 2 good tight ends that can run, block and catch. The weakness of it is that your formations are compact/jumbled, cant stretch the DBs and it allows the defense to load the box while playing more hard cover 1 man.

2012 22 personnel
Split end - Crabtree (Split End - Moss in 21 grouping)
Tight ends - Davis, Walker
Backs - Gore, Miller

2013 22 personnel
split end - Boldin(Split End - ?/Baldwin/Williams/Moore)
Tight ends - Davis, Vance
Backs - Gore, Miller

Compare the 2 years and the one thing that's completely obvious is that this year the only vertical threat to respect is Vernon Davis. That's it. Last year the safeties had to play over because walker, vernon and even crabs could stretch the field. When you're jumbled in a package like that you lose the ability to spread the defense out and if you can't spread the defense out you better have some tight ends who can run, block and catch.

Last edited:
i mean people only want to remember the drops from last year and that it's it. he had ONE year where he had a bunch of drops but what receiver hasn't?
See this is what I dont buy.  What receiver hasnt?  You mean what receiver hasnt had a season where he dropped 30% of the passes thrown to him?  I would say every receiver hasnt....and if they did, they would be out of the NFL now. 

I am sorry jecc....I know you know your stuff.  And I am not going to diminish all the things that Delanie did to help this offense, that you pointed out.  But when you are dropping 30% of the passes thrown your way.....some of which in the endzone....some of which cost us the game.....I am simply not going to look at all the other things he did well and dismiss his drops.

If we had a healthy Manningham and Crabtree all season long, all the things that you have illustrated that Delanie did for us would be very easily forgotten.  The fact that we have a depleted WR corps is the only reason that things like his ability to get vertical are magnified for you. 

jecca650 jecca650

That second video making me :smh: :\

Reminded me that Kaep used to actually be able to air it out.

Delanie was a luxury that we understandably took for granted and that people who don't necessarily watcht the 49ers on a regular basis didn't realize was a important cog since he was never the focal point of our offense and thus never had the eye-popping stats. He truly was the "Swiss Army Knife" for us. Just for the passing game alone, he opened things up for Crabtree and Vernon and essentially helped masked how weak our WR core was.

Do you think it would have been a lose-lose situation for Niners in regards to keeping him/letting him go either way? You figure if Niners ponied up what the Titans gave him to keep him, they'd be getting blasted right now since Delanie's stats wouldn't merit the contract although the passing game would probably be a lot more potent than it is right now.

Last edited:
id take delanie walker over vance everyday of the week and 46 times on sunday(c wut i did ther). unfortunately we couldnt keep him with what tenn gave him. :frown:

just fyi delanie was the only 49er free agent they(the niners) offered a contract to.

with all of that said greg roman needs to adjust their approach because we're trying to play like it's last year and it aint working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom