Delivery driver or former delivery drivers: share your experiences

I have an interview for a pizza delivery job next week and I'm interested in learning what I should expect.
Here are the questions that I have:
1. How did you get paid?
2. What did you like and dislike about the job?
3. How many hours did you work a week?
4. What did you wear for the interview?
5. Why did you quit? (If you quit)

Any help is appreciated.

1. Cash, everyday
2a. I like that the job is really easy to get (flexible). You can basically socialize and do whatever you want when there is no deliveries up. You get to drive around (obviously) which is something I like doing.
2b. I hate houses with hard to find numbers. I hate people who don't answer the door or the phone. I hate cleaning up the store (some places make you do that). I hate having 4+ deliveries at 1 time. I hate cheap people.
3. 20-30 hours a week
4. No interview
5. Moved out of state, I'd be welcome back if I wanted.

i love doing multiple deliveries at once. i get paid gas money per delivery so i get it x whatever i can get out the door. on good days i end up with 100+ in an 8 hour shift just in tips+ gas money.

Originally Posted by Spookz312

pics?

What do you want pics of?
laugh.gif

was delivering pizzas in Massachusetts the night the NE Patriots won their 1st Super Bowl...

made over $350 in tips that night (plus $2 per delivery)
if it was like that every night, i would still be delivering pizzas
part-time would have been enough to live high off the hog

Good luck. Do you live in a concealed carry state? If so, or hell even if not, I'd get some sort of piece. People are crazy out there.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Good luck. Do you live in a concealed carry state? If so, or hell even if not, I'd get some sort of piece. People are crazy out there.

According to californiaconcealedcarry.com, CA is a may issue state.
I'll take my chances since I don't know how to fire a gun let alone have enough money to buy one.

I was a delivery guy but actual packages. The worst part of the job was getting the delivery there by a certain time but being held up by traffic. You feel helpless cuz you have ZERO control over it and you basically soak in failure in a way.

Cool thing was I got paid my milage check every Wednesday, and then my hourly/commission check every Friday. Plus when you file your taxes, you can claim the miles as an expense as long as you keep track.

Originally Posted by iYen

I have an interview for a pizza delivery job next week and I'm interested in learning what I should expect.
Here are the questions that I have:
1. How did you get paid? used to get $8/hr but now i get $2.50 per delivery + tips
2. What did you like and dislike about the job? i dont dislike anything about it. its an easy job. when i got 8 an hour i had to do dishes but now i dont so in between deliveries i can just sit in my car or whatever. co workers are cool. people in the restaurant business are usually either #++$$*@@ or cool. only thing that sucks is when people dont answer and you have to go back even though it's their fault. or when the kitchen messes up an order and you have to go back there and dont get tipped again
mad.gif
mad.gif
  ( i dont expect to though
laugh.gif
)
3. How many hours did you work a week? 20-30 could work more if i wanted
4. What did you wear for the interview? i got the job through a friend so i didnt have an interview. just wear like a polo and some khaki shorts i dont think you need to wear anything special if its just a pizza place. idk about ups or anything like that
5. Why did you quit? (If you quit) still work here

Any help is appreciated.

if its just a part time job its good. if you work the right days at the right restaurant you can make good money. I work like 20 hours a week and make ~250-300, when i was working 30 id make $400 at least

My summer job is dilevering chlorine and acid to all the leslies and walmarts in socal. We also delivered to pool guy's houses, pool stores, water districts,school pools,public pools,basically anyone that would order it
laugh.gif

Work from the middle of may and into the end of august.

Average work hours a week was 42-50 so a 100 hours ever 2 weeks!

Easy work! i didnt drive i just helped the driver load and unload, half my pay was just sitting in a truck
smokin.gif

Easiest 4k made in 3 months
pimp.gif

I wouldent work as a delivery person driving my own car unless i was getting paid atleast 20 bucks an hour or free maintenance

my cousin did that while going to school
he actually made decent money including tips and gas. came out to be 20+ an hr
they didnt deliver in the hood, lol

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Its terrible for your car. Some deliveries drivers use every penny the make to repair their car
eek.gif
Elaborate please. Is it just increased wear and tear on the car?
If I get the job, I plan on working 20-25 hours.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who actually managed to get fired from a pizza delivery job. He was always making little mistakes here and there, but the final straw for his boss was when he took a turn too hard and managed flip over multiple pizza boxes in his car, completely ruining the orders
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Post some action. Nude women, robberies kinda action.

`these two old (45+) drunk ladies invited me in one time. would have gone but they were
sick.gif
sick.gif
..dont even know if they were serious though
roll.gif

this one guy opened the door and was like GIVE ME YOUR MONEY and made a gun with his fingers. %%%+ my pants and he started laughing
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Its terrible for your car. Some deliveries drivers use every penny the make to repair their car
eek.gif
Elaborate please. Is it just increased wear and tear on the car?
If I get the job, I plan on working 20-25 hours.
ive been doing it for a year and a half and nothing has been wrong with my car *knock on wood*. in an 11-8 shift on average ill drive 40-45 miles 11-4 is about 20.

You get to learn shortcuts and go into places you never would have been before. Been to a bunch of places that i would definitely have never gone to if i wasnt delivering

i used to manage delivery, i rarely delivered though and when i did i'd take a work van.  if i did it on a weekend night i'd make some decent tips but i preferred to just work in the restaurant so i never scheduled myself on delivery.  sorry, not much input. 

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Reminds me of a friend of mine who actually managed to get fired from a pizza delivery job. He was always making little mistakes here and there, but the final straw for his boss was when he took a turn too hard and managed flip over multiple pizza boxes in his car, completely ruining the orders
roll.gif

that sounds like something that would happen to me....The stupidest stuff happened to me as a valet.

Back
Top Bottom