Delivery driver or former delivery drivers: share your experiences

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Its terrible for your car. Some deliveries drivers use every penny the make to repair their car
eek.gif
Elaborate please. Is it just increased wear and tear on the car?
If I get the job, I plan on working 20-25 hours.
Running your car that much regularly isn't good .  Things will break.  The constant turning on and off of the car isn't good either.  This is what turned me away from wanting to get a job as a delivery boy.

A little off track but the dominos guy didnt have change one time and told me to get in his car to get change with him when there was a deli on the corner
laugh.gif
. I was like IM NOT GETTING IN YOUR CAR and he said "why not we're just getting change". Dude was OD creepy im still convinced he was trying to kidnap me.

SolexSup wrote:
A little off track but the dominos guy didnt have change one time and told me to get in his car to get change with him when there was a deli on the corner
laugh.gif
. I was like IM NOT GETTING IN YOUR CAR and he said "why not we're just getting change". Dude was OD creepy im still convinced he was trying to kidnap me.

He wanted dat angus...

If you gon be delivering pizzas in the hood, stay safe my dude...

1. How did you get paid?
- Cash. $7 an hour + all tips

2. What did you like and dislike about the job?
- I liked the hours, was quick and easy money. Owner of the place tho was a d*ck and our delivery area was huge

3. How many hours did you work a week?
- Friday 11am - 2pm, then 5pm to 11pm
- Saturday 11am - 11pm
This was in college, I could have easily picked up more hours if I wanted.

4. What did you wear for the interview?
- A t-shirt and shorts, I never had an interview. I walked in and talked to the owner. Mom and Pop shop

5. Why did you quit? (If you quit)
- Was temporary while I was in college. I liked the job a lot

Some observations of the job:
- I never realized how many people live in Hotels (yes live, like same hotel room for months/years)
- People are super lazy. I made extra money on the side by picking stuff up for them (toilet paper, beer, food from somewhere else). I never sold drugs but I was constantly asked for that as well
- Rich people never tip, the biggest tips you'll get will be from poor/middle class people

It's an easy job. Most of the people you'll work with are complete failures. If you hustle you can make good money and if you treat repeat customers well and get to know them. Also if you get to no the guy making the pizza, I used to hand-pick the orders I took so I always took the biggest ones with the most practical delivery route (if you want to make money you take like 3-4 orders at once).

I usually did 4-6 deliveries an hour with an average tip of $5. But I worked prime hours, Friday and Saturday nights were crazy busy. Put my hourly wage towards car/gas and kept the tips as profit.

Back
Top Bottom