Delonte West suffering from Gloria James Withdrawal

According to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld, Celtics teammates Delonte Westand Von Wafer got into a fist fight in the locker room following anintense three-on-three drill in practice.

"During a three-on-three game with Avery Bradley, Luke Harangody, SemihErden and assistant coach Tyronn Lue, West began fouling Wafer eachtime the reserve guard touched the ball. West was increasingly physicalto the point that Wafer exited to the locker room midway through thegame. As he walked away, West barked obscenities and taunted Wafer,"wrote Kennedy. "After Wafer had showered and sat down at his locker,West approached from behind and threw a punch. Wafer didn't see thepunch coming but quickly got off of the ground and connected on twopunches of his own. He then wrestled West to the ground before beingseparated by the team's veterans."

Following the incident, Wafer offered some clarification of his own through his Twitter account.

"Today was a test!...I am a professional and will continue to conductmyself as one...God has a plan for me," Wafer wrote. " love my team."

It was the second known confrontation in less than a week between Waferand West, as the two had to be separated on Sunday, one night beforethe team's season opener, after jawwing during a two-on-two drill.Kennedy reports that the Celtics -- including coach Doc Rivers andveterans Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce -- have grown tired of West'sconfrontational nature with teammates. The team, according to thereport, is considering releasing West, who is signed on anon-guaranteed contract.

West is currently serving a 10-game, season-opening suspension dueafter pleading guilty to charges of carrying a concealed weapon. (Moreon that here.)

Prior to the season opener against the Heat, Celtics GM Danny Aingesaid that the team was well-aware of the guard's off-court issues butthat it concluded that everyone was comfortable with the risksassociated with his behavioral issues.

"What’s happened to Delonte over the past couple years is not shockingto any of us. We know that he has challenges off the court but we lovewhat he brings to the court," Ainge said on The Big Show. "Delonte wasa favorite of a lot of people in Boston. He was a fun guy to watch, alot of people embraced Delonte when he was here as a player. I think alot of people, including our players, respect Delonte. Not only theguys that played with Delonte like [Pierce] and Rajon [Rondo] and[Kendrick Perkins] but [the guys who] have been playing against him thelast few years as an opponent, they have a great respect for him on thecourt. So, yeah, I think everybody is aware that Delonte has hadchallenges off the court. We are trying to give him the support that heneeds. The players that were with him before, our coach that was withhim before and myself and ownership I think we were aware of that riskand I think we were comfortable with that risk."

Whether that remains the case after Friday's reported incident remains to be seen.

According to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld, Celtics teammates Delonte Westand Von Wafer got into a fist fight in the locker room following anintense three-on-three drill in practice.

"During a three-on-three game with Avery Bradley, Luke Harangody, SemihErden and assistant coach Tyronn Lue, West began fouling Wafer eachtime the reserve guard touched the ball. West was increasingly physicalto the point that Wafer exited to the locker room midway through thegame. As he walked away, West barked obscenities and taunted Wafer,"wrote Kennedy. "After Wafer had showered and sat down at his locker,West approached from behind and threw a punch. Wafer didn't see thepunch coming but quickly got off of the ground and connected on twopunches of his own. He then wrestled West to the ground before beingseparated by the team's veterans."

Following the incident, Wafer offered some clarification of his own through his Twitter account.

"Today was a test!...I am a professional and will continue to conductmyself as one...God has a plan for me," Wafer wrote. " love my team."

It was the second known confrontation in less than a week between Waferand West, as the two had to be separated on Sunday, one night beforethe team's season opener, after jawwing during a two-on-two drill.Kennedy reports that the Celtics -- including coach Doc Rivers andveterans Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce -- have grown tired of West'sconfrontational nature with teammates. The team, according to thereport, is considering releasing West, who is signed on anon-guaranteed contract.

West is currently serving a 10-game, season-opening suspension dueafter pleading guilty to charges of carrying a concealed weapon. (Moreon that here.)

Prior to the season opener against the Heat, Celtics GM Danny Aingesaid that the team was well-aware of the guard's off-court issues butthat it concluded that everyone was comfortable with the risksassociated with his behavioral issues.

"What’s happened to Delonte over the past couple years is not shockingto any of us. We know that he has challenges off the court but we lovewhat he brings to the court," Ainge said on The Big Show. "Delonte wasa favorite of a lot of people in Boston. He was a fun guy to watch, alot of people embraced Delonte when he was here as a player. I think alot of people, including our players, respect Delonte. Not only theguys that played with Delonte like [Pierce] and Rajon [Rondo] and[Kendrick Perkins] but [the guys who] have been playing against him thelast few years as an opponent, they have a great respect for him on thecourt. So, yeah, I think everybody is aware that Delonte has hadchallenges off the court. We are trying to give him the support that heneeds. The players that were with him before, our coach that was withhim before and myself and ownership I think we were aware of that riskand I think we were comfortable with that risk."

Whether that remains the case after Friday's reported incident remains to be seen.

Someone needs to ship this d-bag to Turkey to go stink it up with A.I.
glasses.gif

According to reality show rules, Delonte hit a castmate so he has to go home now. Maybe we'll see him at the reunion/finals.

According to reality show rules, Delonte hit a castmate so he has to go home now. Maybe we'll see him at the reunion/finals.

So am I the only person that caught the part where Von ATE that sucker punch and got up and gave folks a two piece with a biscuit and gravy? BOS
pimp.gif

So am I the only person that caught the part where Von ATE that sucker punch and got up and gave folks a two piece with a biscuit and gravy? BOS
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

pimp.gif
negative ... i will not believe it until something other than hearsay comes out ... lonte from pg county, we dont play ... if so, i would expect something more substantial happening to von asap ...

Originally Posted by Murda He

pimp.gif
negative ... i will not believe it until something other than hearsay comes out ... lonte from pg county, we dont play ... if so, i would expect something more substantial happening to von asap ...

Back
Top Bottom