Delonte West Takes Furniture Job To “Stay Afloatâ€

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Clearly real life trolling.

He can play overseas if he needed the bread.
Yeah, about that... Dude has has a couple "misunderstandings" with police and other authorities.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Yeah, about that... Dude has has a couple "misunderstandings" with police and other authorities.
ohwell.gif
yup....can't leave the country. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Are you telling me that this guy is broke?!

Something ain't adding up (no pun).  Guy has been in the NBA 8 years and he has to get a hourly-wage job at a furniture store.....makes no sense.  Well, it does if he's spent beyond his means, which isn't that far-fetched. 

There's a stat out there that said 60% of NBA players go broke within 5 years of their retirement....sad stat. 
NFL is worse....mogs get a lil check for making it to training camp and buying whips....then be broke after they're released after the first preseason game 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

ohwell.gif
yup....can't leave the country. 
roll.gif
I forgot that quick

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I mean...you got dudes like Lebron spending half his income in after taxes after ONE night in the club... i'm sure being around that would make you spend more than you need to.

I'm not saying its right, but if you get gassed up enough, its no telling what you'll do...

and don't forget the average level of education these guys have, especially around the type of people they tend to be around.
Wait, what??????  You aren't serious w. that.  You can't be. 
Lebron and them dropped like 100,000+ a couple nights last season in some clubs. I forget but look it up.
My point is, if Delonte is only making lets say 500/600K after taxes, and being around dudes like that, they subconsciously might try to keep up...and ruin themselves. 
I think you're referring to this pic right here. It's his bar bill...

6e25999b8704b2956612177637ea41a9.jpg

Originally Posted by ricky409

yall stupid as hell if you think hes struggling.

someone post the kfc drive thru vids and his interview with p-squared and youll see this is just real life trolling.

he just seems like that kind of dude.

:har
pimp.gif
And you're stupid as hell if you think this man couldn't have money problems....like it's that much out of the norm
laugh.gif

no... alot of them do have money problems...

but if you just see how he goes about things... you'd understand where i'm coming from.

honestly... if he was struggling THAT bad... i'm pretty sure he could do commercials for local spots, or get some loan money from the agency that represents him, or even find a woman that's willing to hold him down...

how many cats go broke IN THE MIDDLE of their careers?

then, he's a fan favorite too... strong presence in the streets... the homey IS NOT struggling...

this is just real life trollin, fambs...

and its working...

homey needs a tv show...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

yall stupid as hell if you think hes struggling.

someone post the kfc drive thru vids and his interview with p-squared and youll see this is just real life trolling.

he just seems like that kind of dude.

:har
pimp.gif
And you're stupid as hell if you think this man couldn't have money problems....like it's that much out of the norm
laugh.gif

but if you just see how he goes about things... you'd understand where i'm coming from.

honestly... if he was struggling THAT bad... i'm pretty sure he could do commercials for local spots, or get some loan money from the agency that represents him, or even find a woman that's willing to hold him down...

then, he's a fan favorite too... strong presence in the streets... the homey IS NOT struggling...

and its working...

homey needs a tv show...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
U got your head in the clouds...who the hell is gonna hire Delonte West to do a local ad? 
laugh.gif
  %$#@ don't work that way.  If it were that easy, Lonny Baxter woulda been reppin' Eastern Motors before he served his bid. 

Dude BEEN a fool since his days at ER.  Trust me, I know. 

And dudes going broke in the middle of their careers ain't nothing new....see Eddy Curry....see Andray Blatche (sleeping on the couches at the VC cause he couldn't pay his rent)...it goes on and on.  You're giving him WAY too much credit when there is a strong possibility that he's not nearly as well off as you may think. 

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

If this was a regular guy who had the same "Misunderstanding" on his job application would they have even taken a second look at the application??  This is sad because he is potentially taking a job from someone who really needs one even if it is $10 or so an hour.  If he is doing something that most of us do for free for a living he should not even be at this job.  But, I really think that this a P.R. move by the company because anyone else who had that "Misunderstanding" would have NEVER been hired.  Just a chance for people to say I worked with an NBA player.... 
-Also noticed that on the application it says if hired when can you start and it says "yesterday" who puts that on an application - this is just a stunt folks...

1) i hate this line of logic. they give out jobs as they see fit. not on some fair basis 
eyes.gif

2) west may actually need it 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif

I doubt he needs the money that bad though... Im sure he can get a contract overseas if he was in serious need of money.

If Delonte REALLY needed the money, do you think he would be making sure that the whole world knew about it?

He has made it painfully obvious he wants everyone to know about this.

Read the application.  That sounds desperate to you?

He knows what he's doing.

Charlee Redz.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

and its working...

homey needs a tv show...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
U got your head in the clouds...who the hell is gonna hire Delonte West to do a local ad? 
laugh.gif

The people who own that furniture company actually

its just publicity ...fake hire delonte west... the news goes viral... bam now you have people coming into your store

laugh.gif

and its working...

homey needs a tv show...

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
  %$#@ don't work that way.  If it were that easy, Lonny Baxter woulda been reppin' Eastern Motors before he served his bid. 

Dude BEEN a fool since his days at ER.  Trust me, I know. 

And dudes going broke in the middle of their careers ain't nothing new....see Eddy Curry....see Andray Blatche (sleeping on the couches at the VC cause he couldn't pay his rent)...it goes on and on.  You're giving him WAY too much credit when there is a strong possibility that he's not nearly as well off as you may think. 

OBVIOUSLY regency furniture showrooms would.

they werent thinking "he's a dedicated worker. we dont care about his NBA status AT ALL... we're hiring him cuz he's a good citizen"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

they hired him cuz he's an NBA player and its gonna bring customers in. if his NBA status didnt matter, then why is there a thread, and how did his friggin application picture get up?

dont get it twisted... this hiring IS IN PLACE OF LOCAL ADVERTISING and him being in the NBA is the MAIN reason he got on, not a secondary reason.

and you not giving him ENOUGH credit. sure, there are some fuggups... you mention lonny baxter and eddy curry.

but i just have this nagging feeling that the homey is just real life trolling... i really doubt he needs $10 an hour to lift furniture.

and if he needed the money... you dont think he could work at a Footlocker?... or for the New England Patriots?... or at his old college/high school?

he chose a damb FURNITURE STORE!
roll.gif

to me, this is like that whole blake griffin and kevin love thing... that silly commercial they had...

this has the same tone, but he took it to the next level... A REAL JOB...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT... i didnt even really pay attention to this: what date are you available to start working? YESTERDAY

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

have you ever been convicted of a crime? YES

please describe in full: MISUNDERSTANDING

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude aint' broke man
laugh.gif

the season wouldn't have started yet, these guys aren't missing out on any money yet

Back
Top Bottom