*| | Denim _ School | |*

^^ based on everyone's post from earlier, it seems like the best way to stretch those out is to just wear them

yamakazi, i called blackbird, but they said that they didnt have any Black denim NS in stock but they said they might restock towards the end ofJanuary/beginning of febuary with a few pairs in time for their spring collection

so i guess my questions are...Should i just settle with the blue denim, wait until they restock on the black, or do you have any other sites/stores you thinkmay have it...if what you say is true(which im sure is) about blackbird with their free shipping and 20% off, i dont think anywhere else could top that type ofdeal

^ yea i forgot to mention that i didnt really want to wear them out that much since they are kind of tight..but how many wears do you all think it would takefor them to get more loose?

for those who pm'd to ask what im rocking right now (L-R)
33 apc rescues indigo (hemmed to 33 inseam)
33 apc new standard black (unworn as of now)
34 nudie dry organic even steven
got a pair of corpus straight legs coming
i likely be adding something in a greycast fairly soon

ok i have a question..i just bought this pair of LRG raw jeans from karmaloop..i did my measurements and everthing and the theighs were gonna be a little tight so i got one size up, and they came in the mail and everything fit good (waist and everything) it was just that the theigh area was a little too tight and too stiff so i put them in the washer and dryed them on like extra delicate+air dry so that they wouldnt shrink and they would and get less stiff, but the thing is that they shrunk a little bit, just where i didnt want them, on the theigh area and now im wondering if theres a way i can get the theigh area to get a little bigger? heres the jeans that i got..they are a 28 at the theigh area and if i could get them to be like 29 or 30 tahd be great but i dont know how i remmeber seeing how some people like soak them then wear them when theyre wet or something like that but idk
Ok I am really not sure WHY you would wash raw denim before wearing at all. Especially machine drying them. It defies the point almost. Of courseit will be stiff! That's how it's supposed to be! Raw is a !!*@# the first few days. You should have just let them be and they would stretch out. Rawdenim is supposed to fit good on you, so if its "too tight" then you should have either returned or wore them. They will stretch, I don't knowhow many wears it takes but they do. And naturally, since you've washed and dried them they have shrunk much more. Whenever you soak/wash they will usuallyshrink.

^Yeah cs02132, washing them wasn't the best thing to do. Since you can't return them, just wear them a couple times around the house.

They'll stretch but I don't know if it would be a drastic enough stretch to match the 2nd picture.

Also, there's no certain amount of times you have to wear your jeans in order for them to stretch. Just keep on wearing em and see if they feel anymorecomfortable.

Anyways, has anyone seen the new grey denim that Nudies put out? I believe they're Slim Jims. They're pretty nice...

Also, some pics of the Imperial and Self Edge collab. They're a Dior reproduction cut
pimp.gif

DSC05427-1-730408.jpg

DSC05426-1-730387.jpg

I have a quick question. Where is a good place to buy Nudie or APC jeans besides online? I live in Seattle, WA and don't have a clue on what local storescarry these brands.

Originally Posted by ThaSZ

I have a quick question. Where is a good place to buy Nudie or APC jeans besides online? I live in Seattle, WA and don't have a clue on what local stores carry these brands.

i know yamakazi spoke of one of the stores in your area
call blackbird in seattle. they are a physical store in seattle, but they accept phone orders. last time i was there they still had a lot of NS's in regular sizes. their phone number is up on their website www.helloblackbird.blogspot.com and they do free shipping, as well as 20% discounts for all SuFu members.

i didnt really like wash them per say i just put them on rinse i nthe washer for like 15 minutes on cold then air dryed them..they didnt fade or anything justshrunk a tiny bit but not really..i dotn really need them to be as loose as in the 2nd pic but just like about an inch or two more loose and thatd be ok

206 i've been waiting for corpus to drop locally as well, for some reason this season didn't see alot of distribution from them, either that or theyaren't making jeans anymore
laugh.gif

So if Earnest Sewn is "crap" by NT Standards and Denim Connoisuers....and APC and NUDIE are only "Starter brands"

Then what is the upper echeloen of denim then?

300 Dollar Dior Homme that Kanye West Wears or the 400 dollar Sugar Canes? Give me a break...

eyes.gif
I wear True Religion and Rock & Republic because I want to, I likeit and to impress the females..

Not to impress men or Fingerollin who looks like a Dark Skinned Charlie Villanueva
laugh.gif

Untied.jpg

alien.gif
sick.gif

I like nom de guerre, wings n horns, dior, imperials, sugar cane as your higher end denim brands

earnest sewns are nice, just the majority of their denim is crap at times. the fulton dry denim joints are sick! i love the fit.

What is the price range for imperials and dior jeans?

Originally Posted by instant klassic

So if Earnest Sewn is "crap" by NT Standards and Denim Connoisuers....and APC and NUDIE are only "Starter brands"

300 Dollar Dior Homme that Kanye West Wears or the 400 dollar Sugar Canes? Give me a break...

eyes.gif
I wear True Religion and Rock & Republic because I want to, I like it and to impress the females..

Not to impress men or Fingerollin who looks like a Dark Skinned Charlie Villanueva
laugh.gif

you are bad at the internetz. please stop.

you are bad at spelling and life. go commit that.

Originally Posted by Jwagg Swagg

eyes.gif
I wear True Religion and Rock & Republic because I want to, I like it and to impress the females..

laugh.gif

No one is forcing you to buy the denim, so if you're happy with True Religion and Rock & Republic, do you.

Btw, Imperials are $265 for Dukes or Kings and Diors cost $330 for 21 cm MII's on bluefly. Pretty sure MIJ's run around the same...

my girlfriend wants to buy some nudies, the bootcut ola's, in a size 25...are there any recommended places to find these...ebay doesnt have it, and i cantfind any women nudie jeans on the other denim sites

japanese repro's are pretty much the "it" thing right now in the denim community much like APC, Nudie and LVC were the popular thing years ago.

so if there were to be a tier list of the popularity of jeans currently, this is how i see things.

Top - Japanese Repro companies
Samurai
Sugarcane

Top-Middle - More Japanese Repro's, and Dior
Dior Homme
Flathead
Iron Heart
Eternal
Imperial

Middle
LVC
Studio D'Artisan
Evisu

Low
APC
Nudie

What is the price range for imperials and dior jeans?

Originally Posted by instant klassic

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

you are bad at the internetz. please stop.

you are bad at spelling and life. go commit that.

says the guy trying to use words but misspells them
tired.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

reading is fundamental, but i can already tell that would be difficult for you. i love how you exhuasted all your resources to come up with a pic of methat's readily available on wikipedia and then you recycled a joke to compound your lameness, seems to me you did better a sonning yourself than me.Kanye's dressing skills are mediocre at best and people only spend 300+ on diors because they're dior, dont get me wrong the denim is nice but not 300dollar nice. you can get great sugarcanes and spend well under 400 bucks, reading is fundamental but it's apparent your comprehension skills are limited.so you can continue to impress the females with your crap denim if that works for you but I was just informing the uninformed, and we all already know how iget down with females from my numerous drunken exploits with females on here
laugh.gif
no gaudydenim needed either. i've probably spent too much time on you anyway seeing as you one of those cats thats taking shots trying to impress cats on theinternet but never been outside the comfort of his own cpu. happy new year homie
smile.gif

Originally Posted by fingerollin

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

reading is fundamental, but i can already tell that would be difficult for you. i love how you exhuasted all your resources to come up with a pic of me that's readily available on wikipedia and then you recycled a joke to compound your lameness, seems to me you did better a sonning yourself than me. Kanye's dressing skills are mediocre at best and people only spend 300+ on diors because they're dior, dont get me wrong the denim is nice but not 300 dollar nice. you can get great sugarcanes and spend well under 400 bucks, reading is fundamental but it's apparent your comprehension skills are limited. so you can continue to impress the females with your crap denim if that works for you but I was just informing the uninformed, and we all already know how i get down with females from my numerous drunken exploits with females on here
laugh.gif
no gaudy denim needed either. i've probably spent too much time on you anyway seeing as you one of those cats thats taking shots trying to impress cats on the internet but never been outside the comfort of his own cpu. happy new year homie
smile.gif

You seem to be getting riled up even though you act like you dont care about the internet
smh.gif
Fingerollin typing narratives and spellchecking his essays
indifferent.gif
.....Oh and The Kanye West line was sarcasm...look it up...

Fingerollin, pictures of your drunken exploits?
laugh.gif
you mean the WhiteGirls from New Hampshire that Resemble Swine?
sick.gif
Those....Those are dimesnow?
smh.gif
Maybe in the rural areas of Rhode Island...
indifferent.gif

You sounding really aggy and uncomfortable right now...Denim is serious business huh?
smh.gif

Rock and Republic FTW!!

Some of those jeans yall posted are tight..................literally.............like spandex

Jwagg Swagg wrote:
You sounding really aggy and uncomfortable right now...Denim is serious business huh?
smh.gif

it became serious business when you decided to bash someone who told you your preference is crap. you would have just moved on if you were comfortable inthe decisions you were making right? your just a troll at best trying to get a few laughs, log off homie

What I currently have is some RRDS, Bootcut Ola Dry, and some Earnest Sewn Fulton 05 Milk blue 3d. E.S. is pry the most comfortable jeans I've ever had.

I've got my eye on some Imperial's and some sugar canes. Still trying to decide on what to get.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ice Cold man... probably true... but still harsh.

This is a pretty stupid question (but an honest one). What makes it "good" denim? The type of cotton used? The amount of material? The process in which it is produced? Being handmade? Certain types of stitchwork? Is it like bedsheets where there are different threadcounts?

Also I see a lot of True Religion bashing going on. What makes these jeans so crappy aside from the stupid#$%* horseshoe on the butt. I never bought a pair nor do I ever intend to just cause I dont like the way they look but is a design hate, craftsmanship hate, or just overall?

I'm not a denimhead by any means as most of the jeans in my rotation are pre-washed Diesel, AG, or Banana Republic (nothing crazy as you can see) so any info is much appreciated.

to address you first question, good denim is comprised of many aspects including, where it's made, the looms they were made on, the weight of the cotton, and many other factors. the bashing of most mall based denim happens because they claim high quality when it's more than likely is made in the same giant factory that mass produces denim, crappy denim. Also take in mind that raw and selvage =/= the best available, I've seen some prewashed denim with superb quality before. To answer your question on true religions i qoute my post from the first page
while this is true, i think many of you also jump on the bandwagon for "omg so-and-so brand is crap, their quality is terrible" yet haveno idea what quality means. sure, all those things fingerollin mentioned are aspects of quality, but i doubt you have a scale on which to judge it (nooffense). instead it's more of you guys pulling out those terms to sound like you're in-the-know, and expecting people to believe you, instead oftelling people what you know about yarn counts, yarn numbers, brass purity, etc. i'm not going to get into HOW to judge the quality of individual factorsjust yet, maybe later if more people are interested (trust me, it's not an interesting topic). most of you are doing a great job of answering questions,but i just wish the quality talk could be kept to a minimum unless you really know what's going on, if that makes any sense (sorry for the rant).

terrible quality

hideous stitching

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable)
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of.

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do

i don't mean to sound rude, but just because something is made in china doesn't automatically mean it's bad quality. i have jeans made inindonesia, china, turkey, korea, and some other 3rd world countries, but stitching is still average for the most part, it's not like the jeans are fallingapart after 1-2 wears. yes, the fake advertising of "premium" denim can be annoying, but a pair of TR's uses denim that's closer to yourprized japanese denim than it does to lee's or levi jeans found for $30.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

I havent read through this thread, so forgive me if its been mentioned, but whats the deal with Corpus? I bought a pair earlier this year and love em, but i cant find em anywear now.

(the baggier fit ones, not the tight ones, the ones i have are like boot cut or something.)

corpus is a mall brand. it's like the up-and-coming diesel and SFAM for guidos. i don't know much about their cuts and whatnot because of that fact.seriously.
Originally Posted by LB510

Just ssaw these end. I wasn't feeling the wash so I decided otherwise

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250200789281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Anyone know how edwin or earnest sewns fit in the thigh region (nh). I know it will vary from the style but if anyone has a general opinion on the fitting it would be much appreciated.

both edwins and earnest sewns generally fit bigger in the thighs, which is why they're flattering on a lot of athletic guys (nh).

Anyone know how edwin or earnest sewns fit in the thigh region (nh). I know it will vary from the style but if anyone has a general opinion on the fitting it would be much appreciated.

i've found that they run larger than the brands previously mentioned in this post.

as for levis premium E, they're not great but not terrible. The matchstick jeans they make have gotten semi-popular recently ans seem to be a nice pair of jeans but i've never tried 'em. I'm sure someone else can shed some more light of levis for you as i'm not terribly familiar with them

this is correct, except they're closer to great than they are to average. they are basically normal levi's with "better" denim. a good buy@ <$120
Originally Posted by Air Murphy 23

I honestly think it's all a matter of opinion. I, for one, hate the way raw denim feels, I like softer denim. Just try on a bunch and see what ones you like most and which ones feel the best.

It may not be great quality or whatever, I don't know enough about denim to argue it. But basicly all I wear are seven for all mankind's, I love the way they look and feel. I got like 7 or 8 pair of those and a pair of diesel's, and that's my rotation.

presto, someone finally gets it! if you are informed about it, and STILL don't like it, then it's just a matter of TASTE, not FACT. it annoys me abit when people think they are better because they wear something and someone else doesn't. as long as both parties know what the hell they're talkingabout, it's perfectly fine, imho.

and most of you have to remember, sometimes people just PREFER thesofter drapes of mall-typical denim, or PREFER that type of cut and wash,as opposed to more rigid denim. if they do, the more power to them, no need to make fun of them for wearing what they like. i mean, if everyone conformed toraw, wouldn't that be a "hypebeast" and bandwagon-y thing to do? make fun of TR, SFAM, RR, etc. all you want, but at the end of the day it'seasy to adopt an elitist attitude, and forgot people should wear what they like. inform others of their choices, and if they're fine with it, leave thembe. it's not a matter of life and death.

Back
Top Bottom