*| | Denim _ School | |*

Well, finally got some Nudies. Dry Black coated slim jims.
I'm pretty new to this designer denim thing, but anyways, I'm looking through the booklet the jeans come with and it says that wearing nudies for 6months before wash is only applicable to idingo colored denim.
So what process am I suppose to use considering that the denim I bought is black?

Originally Posted by G9coyote

Speaking of crotch blowouts, if you are in LA you can take them to the Denim Doctors on Beverly (near La Brea). They do a bang-up job reinforcing too...but it'll cost you $50 =(

Sean is truly a genius! He also did head design for J-Brand mens line that came out last year, which actually wasn't bad for a regular to boot fit denim.

Decided to post my current rotation...
denim.jpg

I wear skinny fit, and preferably some elasticity in my denim since I ride a bike quite a lot and if i don't have a fair amount of give I will literallyblow through a pair of jeans in less than a week....(i've done it many times)

That said, I also love the look of raw denim and selvedge, so sometimes it's a hard midpoint to come to, meeting all those criteria.
I wear my Flathead mainly for casual wear situations. The fit through the thigh on both of the pairs I own is very limiting in comparison to the rest of thejean so I would have to say that these might be the worst jeans for me to bike in.
I love wearing my nudie for biking, but as people have said nudie blows out pretty quick unless you have their REALLY stretchy blends.
also I noticed
that there's almost no love in this thread for kicking mule? some of the best looking denim widely available along with RRL

ksubi I have found to be a very well made pair of jeans for biking in, strong and good fits, plus there are a lot of little things that I appreciate aboutthem...they have most definitely been bastardized by the LA-types i know, but like i said...quality is good, and fits are good
ksubi.jpg

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

How long did you own your NS before wearing them out in public?

I wore my NS the whole day at home when I first got it, so after like 2-3 days, I wore it to school, but I wore it put when I was with friends, they didn'treally care, but my pants weren't OD tight, I'll probably post pics if anyone cares of it currently

Cold soak or hot soak for whiskers? I got 2 years of wear on a couple pairs and the whiskers have come along nicely but they need a soak.

Sagging, plus there are alot of bikers in here. Cats be running marathons in their APC's to get fades.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

what the hell do you guys be doing to get crotch blow outs??

i think i read since raw denim, you dont wash it for months, bacteria builds up in the crotch area which weakens the denim and causes it to rip
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

what the hell do you guys be doing to get crotch blow outs??
For me, biking.

When you wash clothes it allows the fibers to return to their natural length and in effect their tensile strength, from extended wear they stretch out leavingthem weaker than normal which makes the susceptible to blowouts of any kind.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

anyone try those levi's that are suppose to fade super quick?
You're talking about Levi's Imprints, I don't have a pic but one guy was wearing it in the Dressing Better thread

Originally Posted by ShoeComplex

Well, finally got some Nudies. Dry Black coated slim jims.
I'm pretty new to this designer denim thing, but anyways, I'm looking through the booklet the jeans come with and it says that wearing nudies for 6 months before wash is only applicable to idingo colored denim.
So what process am I suppose to use considering that the denim I bought is black?
nerd.gif

copped a pair of Paper Denim today from TJ Maxx for $17
They're the "James" skinny straight model. I think they're raw too but they're not heavy weight, they're kinda on the light side.

question- how much do the raw nudies stretch? or should i say how much should i size down? i'm a regular 31 and i'm probably going to get a pair ofaverage joes.

Originally Posted by Buscape

question- how much do the raw nudies stretch? or should i say how much should i size down? i'm a regular 31 and i'm probably going to get a pair of average joes.

I believe not all nudie uses a Sanforized fabric, therefore shrinking/stretching may occur? nudie does a raw color on a 100% cotton that will hold up and notstretch much at all in your circumstances (no stress/pressure from a tight fit)
if they were a really tight fit the 100% cotton would perhaps stretch as much as a full size, depending on exposure to water, and length/rigor of wear.
Of course thats through the leg, the waist will stretch in most any case with nudie if the waist is a tight fit.

Back
Top Bottom