*| | Denim _ School | |*

Can anyone here help me out on how I can get some honey combs, whiskers and the faded look on the pockets on my levis naturally? wallet fade

I wear levi 514 jeans

I've been wearing them for like 5 months (not straight) but since summer so its been long enough (without wash or iron)

I just really need help because Im making no progress with on honeycombs i got a few whickers on the back on the knee thats about it.

here are some pics to be more descriptive of what i want:

10riv07.jpg

Help will be apperciated THANKS

Well if those are STF's 501s, reason they form honeycombs & whiskers is because they're raw denim. They're more harder than 514s regular, whereas 514's are soft. I also believe it could be how the 514 fits on you, the more loose the less definition you'll get from wearing. I'm a noob sodon't go 100% on what I'm saying. Just from experience

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Well if those are STF's 501s, reason they form honeycombs & whiskers is because they're raw denim. They're more harder than 514s regular, where as 514's are soft. I also believe it could be how the 514 fits on you, the more loose the less definition you'll get from wearing. I'm a noob so don't go 100% on what I'm saying. Just from experience
so your saying i should get them my exact size? well if thats it then i wear a 30x32 but i can fit a 30x30 should i go for that from now on
As something that fits less loss? because when i brought the 514s they felt tight already then after the 5 months they got looser
thats why i think im doing something wrong because that hsould show its there breaking in my size.

right?

or maybe I should just get 501s now?

Originally Posted by Realest

Yes. 514 only come in washed / non-raw rigid cuts. You need that rigid raw denim to obtain the look you are looking for. The whiskers andhoneycombs are caused by the indigo dye in the denim breaking from parts of the jean that gets to most movement, or bulges (NH) - ie: in back of your knees,close to crotch area, the back pockets.

501 will get you there, but it will take a while.

also I dont believe that 5 months is very long at all, especially if you dont wear them every day.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by Realest

Yes. 514 only come in washed / non-raw rigid cuts. You need that rigid raw denim to obtain the look you are looking for. The whiskers and honeycombs are caused by the indigo dye in the denim breaking from parts of the jean that gets to most movement, or bulges (NH) - ie: in back of your knees, close to crotch area, the back pockets.

501 will get you there, but it will take a while.

o ok ill do that thanks

Originally Posted by rafsjays

also I dont believe that 5 months is very long at all, especially if you dont wear them every day.
yeah but wearing the same jeans everyday
sick.gif
at least every 3days lol thats better

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

copped a pair of Paper Denim today from TJ Maxx for $17
They're the "James" skinny straight model. I think they're raw too but they're not heavy weight, they're kinda on the light side.
they arent meant for fading. just wash em like regular pants they retain color very well
pimp.gif

Shrink-to-fit 501 or just original fit?

theres like 5 different kinds
original fit
Shrink to fit
Classics
premium
hi impact

.............and i think broken in type

can i get some help?

i havent bought jeans that arent levis 511 in some time. what other kind of jeans have a similar fit? especially jeans that are selvedge...

my price range: $50-180

thanks!

Gap recently got some selvage denim in skinnies so should check them out.

If you're thinking raw denim then you're options are abundant

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

APC NS (27) just came in today. Had trouble buttoning all the buttons ups. I left the second to last unbuttoned. Its tight as hell, but I like the fit of it.
It should stretch like crazy anyway.
your good man, same situation i had when i bought my APCs

here are some pictures of it after a week of first not being able to unbutton it, just keep wearing it until you are able to button it and wear it the whole day

funny thing is actually the waist is kinda loose now

i might take updated pics

i'm 5'7/5'8 145 lbs btw

are those consider skinny jeans? I wanna look cool in some skinays

I got a pair of FUBU jeans. I like them a lot. does FUBU make skinays?

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

You serious?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dcortes23

they have a denim sale at my local H&M all mens denim for $10!!
I was just at the one on State in Chicago on Monday and all weren't $10, just some navy skinny's that were in the clearance section.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

what the hell do you guys be doing to get crotch blow outs??

i think i read since raw denim, you dont wash it for months, bacteria builds up in the crotch area which weakens the denim and causes it to rip
sick.gif

your kidding right???

I doubt that, its more like "wear and tear" if you wear your jeans 3+ times a week chances are they'll rip, after the insides rub together fromall the movement and for so long its bound to cause rips/blow outs

The Self Edge LET'S DRINK Sale

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...
So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy a 10% offsale everything in the store.

We'll have quite a bit of new shirts, jeans, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend from Iron Heart,Mister Freedom (including some SESF in-store exclusive items), Flat Head, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Dry Bones, the Self Edge shirt line, and more.

Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry and restocks of all the jeans from all the brands which we stock. There's quite abit of new product coming in daily and some will be going up in the online store over the next few days, some will be in-store only until after the weekend.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 10% for three days so come by and have a drink and check out our newgoods.
SESF will be serving locally made artisan ales and SENY will be serving Miller High Life or Yuengling because that's how they do it in New York.

In-Store Sale at SESF and SENY:
November 27, 28, and 29 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

Self Edge Online Store Sale:
Starts 9am (PST) Friday, November 27th
Ends 10pm (PST) Sunday, November 29th

Sale in-store and online will be 10% off (Excludes Inventory Magazine). Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 10% off everything in ouronline store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November 27th, the coupon code will be good until 10pm (PST) Sunday, November 29th. Sale terms cannot be retroactivefor past purchases or to pre-purchase items which are not in our current stock.
Coupon Code for 10% off along with free shipping worldwide: LetsDrink

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

You serious?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

im not sure if those are skinay jeans becus i have never seen them before.

You serious?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

im not sure if those are skinay jeans becus i have never seen them before.

you're lost bruh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom