*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anybody cop april 77 yet?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Physicx, william rast jeans are pretty sleek looking imo. i got a pair myself. its a darker wash. for that price its a really good deal..i say cop some!
i do like some washes but the pockets are too flashy imo. i dont like designs on my back. i dont even wear my true religions anymore

i was thinking about copping but the sale ended this morning anyways
laugh.gif

however, a r&r sale began at 8pst today. i browsed the site at 8:05 all the washes i liked in my size were gone by then. vultures i tell ya
smh.gif
laugh.gif

So If I'm looking for something a little bit more slim than 501s but not as skinny as 511s go for the New Standard? and are the Petite Standards moretapered? I could have got some NS on Black Friday for 90 but they had a 33 and I think I want a 30/31 in APCs since I'm a 32 in 501s and a 34 in 511s

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Physicx, william rast jeans are pretty sleek looking imo. i got a pair myself. its a darker wash. for that price its a really good deal..i say cop some!
i do like some washes but the pockets are too flashy imo. i dont like designs on my back. i dont even wear my true religions anymore

i was thinking about copping but the sale ended this morning anyways
laugh.gif

however, a r&r sale began at 8pst today. i browsed the site at 8:05 all the washes i liked in my size were gone by then. vultures i tell ya
smh.gif
laugh.gif
RnRs have been trash this year..those awful recession collection + those ugly new logos + ugly uninspired washes = ew. I sold 20+ pairs over thisyear and I just kept the 2 I love the most. I'm never buying RnRs again. For $119 @ Hautelook it was an easy pass.

and aparently Costco was selling bootleg RnRs
laugh.gif
eek.gif

http://www.authenticforum...astered-guatemala-6.html

im new to hautelook so i was hoping for sub-100 prices so yeah pass. youre right though, new symbols on the back are
sick.gif

and LMAO at costco. guatemala
roll.gif

I'm pretty sure this has been asked before but i'd rather not search for it.

How do Nudies fit? There's a relatively new cut they have out that I would wanna look into.

I wear a 38 in Levis & Edwins.

A bunch of websits say they tagged size is actually smaller than the actual waistband size so I was wondering if I should go for a 36 (actual being 37.5) andexpect them to stretch out.

Thanks gaiz.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Anybody cop april 77 yet?
nerd.gif

I love april 77, preferred them before as to now (new logo, construction for US accounts i believe) Was my favorite skinny jean and my favorite grey denim backin the day!

wore my apc's for a yr and 1 month. got the first dry clean a few days ago. ill post pics of how they ended up in a little.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by 35KD

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by 35KD

How are Evisu jeans?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Late reply, but Evisu is basically a dead brand. There are many other Japanese denim companies that are more superior, e.g. The Flat Head.
Evisu's that are sold in the US are complete garbage, that being said, the Evisu's sold in Japan are on the same level as jeans such asThe Flat Head and other Japanese brands.

i finally got my first pair of APCs

with that said, i'm short and need them hemmed. i'm new to tailoring jeans, so how should i tell the tailor to stitch the selvage?

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by yancancook90

if i want to get a pair of jeans hemmed, is it absolutely necessary to get them chainstitched?
yes i am quoting myself so my question can be seen

No you do not need to. If my understanding is correct chainstitching is only possible if they have a different type of machine.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

i finally got my first pair of APCs

with that said, i'm short and need them hemmed. i'm new to tailoring jeans, so how should i tell the tailor to stitch the selvage?

Have you tried stacking them? I perfer stacking on my jeans because i believe it looks better but that is just me(im short as well).
If you get them hemmed you could ask for chain stitching if they have it, but it may cost a little more.

i usually stack my jeans, but i'm a natural 30" length and APCs only come in 34" inseams, so that's a little TOO much stacking...

school me on chainstitching

got some "bobby" true religions for christmas,they dont seem as bad as people on this site thinks they are,i think they're alright.
2yvv2tc.jpg

i need skinnies in a size 34w x 36l on the real. I'm tall as all hell and hate wearing baggie clothing. any websites or suggestions as to where to find em?

Back
Top Bottom