*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Looking for some insight.

For those that have tried both the APC New Standard and the Petit Standard, what's the difference? I have a pair of 2 year old New Standards that are my absolute favorite jeans (crotch tear and all). The fit is on point but it's not as tapered as I would like below the knees. How does the Petit Standard compare? If it's a lot skinnier around the thighs, like the New Cures, I'm going to just stick to the New Standards.

Also, does anyone know anywhere online that still has New Standards in black? I know APC is getting a restock in January but I'd rather not wait if possible
laugh.gif

And one final question is, how does Dior MIJ 19cm and 21cm denim compare to APC models?
nerd.gif

im thinking of buying somw black apc's but havent heard much about them. Anyone do work on some of these yet. pics of the fading would be nice.

black apc is just that, black. black jeans are usually sulfur based dye apparently, which is usually rough characteristics. there is only 1 brand that i'veseen do black denim and do it well, neighborhood, which does washes and raws. there are the few oddballs such as samurai blacks.
but apc black ns? nah, dudes just stop wearing them because they are very stubborn and don't see results, when they should be just wearing them and thensee it come out eventually.

DIOR 19CM ~ APC NEWCURE
DIOR 21CM ~ APC NEWSTANDARD
note the approximations, and not the equal sign, so its not EXACTLY like that fitting.

naked and famous: weird guys imo, are like a low rise new standard. slim guys are like a rescue. skinny are like nc, but don't quote me on that one.
~Lefty

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

black apc is just that, black. black jeans are usually sulfur based dye apparently, which is usually rough characteristics. there is only 1 brand that i've seen do black denim and do it well, neighborhood, which does washes and raws. there are the few oddballs such as samurai blacks.
but apc black ns? nah, dudes just stop wearing them because they are very stubborn and don't see results, when they should be just wearing them and then see it come out eventually.

DIOR 19CM ~ APC NEWCURE
DIOR 21CM ~ APC NEWSTANDARD
note the approximations, and not the equal sign, so its not EXACTLY like that fitting.

naked and famous: weird guys imo, are like a low rise new standard. slim guys are like a rescue. skinny are like nc, but don't quote me on that one.
~Lefty
Thanks for the info.

Your sig says you have some APC on hand? You wouldn't happen to have any black NS in a 30 would you? Shoot me a PM.

black denim usually has some polyester in them so they tend to stretch more and they wont fade like indigo

Originally Posted by donpoppa

black denim usually has some polyester in them so they tend to stretch more and they wont fade like indigo
I don't know about other black denim but for black APC NS, I've heard the opposite. I heard they stretch very little (if at all).

What a good PRPS straight leg wash that's not too baggy?
Something that would fit like a 501.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Just purchased a pair of nudie slim jims..How would i go about washing them in six months?

If they fit the way you want them at that time, do a cold wash. If they are too big/have stretched too much, do a hot wash. Wash them with the soap younormally use for laundry. They are just jeans at the end of the day...

vrtque.jpg

Naked & Famous Weird Guy - Around 6mnts of wear

2niqqrm.jpg

Blue Blood (Great Brand) - Dry Selvedge - 2 + years of wear

20gnslk.jpg

xfazrr.jpg

Kicking Mule Workshop - 2010 Fit (looser fit) - I don't wear them alot...4 months maybe

20kynu8.jpg

Neighborhood - Looser fit dont wear them much maybe 3-4months

k16ip3.jpg

6qh53m.jpg

Nudie - Slim Jim Indigo Coated - 0 day

2ewywja.jpg

Good Society - Raw Denim - 2-3 Months

anyone here like william rast?

some styles on hautelook for 89.99

dont like them myself but its a fair price imo

I bought some black raw denim. hause of howe jeans.
they are 11% polyester ...should i expect lots of stretching..?
i just bought my normal size 30..what i wear in normal jeans...

Looking for some insight.

For those that have tried both the APC New Standard and the Petit Standard, what's the difference? I have a pair of 2 year old New Standards that are my absolute favorite jeans (crotch tear and all). The fit is on point but it's not as tapered as I would like below the knees. How does the Petit Standard compare? If it's a lot skinnier around the thighs, like the New Cures, I'm going to just stick to the New Standards.

Also, does anyone know anywhere online that still has New Standards in black? I know APC is getting a restock in January but I'd rather not wait if possible
laugh.gif

i have a pair of size 29 black NS and 30 black PS. when they were both brand new, the NS was a tight fit, but the PS was the same around the thighs but MUCH tighter around the calves so I ended up breaking in the NS instead. so yeah the PS are definitely tighter on the calves and a little skinnier on the thighs even after sizing up one

not sure why my reply keeps going in your quote... anyways, I love my NS, but i hate how APC pockets are so @#$%@%@ tiny. I have a blackberry with a protectivecase over it and it takes forever to get out of my front pockets.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

not sure why my reply keeps going in your quote... anyways, I love my NS, but i hate how APC pockets are so @#$%@%@ tiny. I have a blackberry with a protective case over it and it takes forever to get out of my front pockets.
Thanks for the input. I decided to stick with New Standards. Put in a pre-order for the black pair on the APC webstore. I decided to get a 30 asopposed to 29 because I heard the black pairs don't stretch as much.

The front pockets on APC's are pretty useless
laugh.gif
I don't put anything in there but I use both back pockets (phone + wallet).

yea I regret not getting a size bigger for my black pair. it literally took 6 months to stretch to how i wanted them to fit, and that was only after i worethem to bed for an entire week.

not sure why my reply keeps going in your quote...

anyways, I love my NS, but i hate how APC pockets are so @#$%@%@ tiny. I have a blackberry with a protective case over it and it takes forever to get out of my front pockets.

this is the only thing i hate about these jeans. i dont understand why they are so tiny.

Originally Posted by davizzy

not sure why my reply keeps going in your quote...

anyways, I love my NS, but i hate how APC pockets are so @#$%@%@ tiny. I have a blackberry with a protective case over it and it takes forever to get out of my front pockets.

this is the only thing i hate about these jeans. i dont understand why they are so tiny.
i hate them too

but i think APCs are unisex, so they make it like that for girls too

Physicx, william rast jeans are pretty sleek looking imo. i got a pair myself. its a darker wash. for that price its a really good deal..i say cop some!

Originally Posted by Shaze804

vrtque.jpg

Naked & Famous Weird Guy - Around 6mnts of wear

2niqqrm.jpg

Blue Blood (Great Brand) - Dry Selvedge - 2 + years of wear

20gnslk.jpg

xfazrr.jpg

Kicking Mule Workshop - 2010 Fit (looser fit) - I don't wear them alot...4 months maybe

20kynu8.jpg

Neighborhood - Looser fit dont wear them much maybe 3-4months

k16ip3.jpg

6qh53m.jpg

Nudie - Slim Jim Indigo Coated - 0 day

2ewywja.jpg

Good Society - Raw Denim - 2-3 Months
i dunno if its the horrible pic quality or what....but none of those look like they have been worn at all

Back
Top Bottom