*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by kiyab

Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

I dont know if anyone can help but im looking for a pair of jeans like the dark dior homme jeans that kanye wears but i cant afford them so are there any other jeans that look like those.

19cm or 21cm?
Please don't say "i'm not sure", because i'd hate to find out you only want DH jeans because Kanye wears them.

wats you opinion on DH jeans kiya? I tried a pair and i feel that if they weren't DH most folks wouldn't even mention 'em, they were the 21cm MII btw. I will admit they are nice but i don't see the hype.
The silhouette is what's valuable. They've got down the slim jean perfectly, but the quality of materials they're using (even on their MIJ version) is lacking. From the denim to the rivets, it's not top notch stuff.
Which is why we're reproducing their cuts, but in far higher quality fabrics and hardware.

I felt the same way, i really dug the fit but the actual denim was ehhh... thanks though

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

i dont really care honestly ... whens the last time anyone talked to a female about the stitching in their jeans?

whenever they ask...which is more often than you would think

you really haven't been reading any of the denim threads, have you?
no
then why post in here?
just because i dont care if the "denim gurus" in here flame me for buying some high priced name brand jeans, doesnt mean i cant post inthe denim thread ... i was just giving my two cents about some name brand jeans and which fit the best ...
if a girl asked me about the stitching in my jeans i would smack her with the pants leg as im pulling them up from a beat session ... *****

Kiya can you explain how to properly measure yourself to find out your true size (for example: how to measure your waist and other things like measuring theleg opening of the jeans). I'm not too knowledgeable about denim, but I have been trying to learn more and more. I'm not even too sure if you'll beable to answer my question because I don't know how to word it right. Thanks

if a girl asked me about the stitching in my jeans i would smack her with the pants leg as im pulling them up from a beat session ... *****

before or after you burn em with a spliff and stop on em with your J's?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

nobody on this board has any hopes of being that cool , we can only dream
frown.gif

i always keep the j away from my jeans in order to not f up my investment ... and i never stomp it out we save roaches around here and re rollthem ... your attempt at frying is failing

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

I saw some Levis x Warhol factory jeans in a marshalls for 20 bucks. Those any good?

i think those were a limited run, some were selvage too i believe.

i always keep the j away from my jeans in order to not f up my investment ... and i never stomp it out we save roaches around here and re roll them ... your attempt at frying is failing

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at material objects being an investment....now i know im dealingwith a kid....lets keep it moving

So far, I see that only the Iron Hearts carry big sizes. I'm looking at those 634s Straight as the only pair I might be able to fit into. The problem is Iwant something that fits a little bit looser than 501s. In the past I have had to buy a bigger size in 501s in order to have some room in the thighs. I'mnot interested in honeycombs or whiskers. I just want some raw denim that keeps its color for a while. From reading the whole thread it looks like I would belooking for some sanforized raw denim. Any raw denim that might fit that description? I'd hate to drop close to $300 on some jeans that I might not likehow they fit.

I can't believe there are so many people on here that have never worn STF 501s. As a kid that's pretty much all we wore in my hood. I remember themcosting about $15. First people I saw wearing them without washing them for a while were the neighborhood gangsters (creased up and full of starch) about 15yrs. ago.

you might want to check out APC rescues. theyre a pretty loose cut. i dont know what waist size youre looking for but i think they go up to at least a 36 inchwaist and APCs fit 2 sizes bigger so its really a 38.

i dont really care honestly ... whens the last time anyone talked to a female about the stitching in their jeans?
Exactly fourty-five minutes ago.

Originally Posted by heyson

Kiya can you explain how to properly measure yourself to find out your true size (for example: how to measure your waist and other things like measuring the leg opening of the jeans). I'm not too knowledgeable about denim, but I have been trying to learn more and more. I'm not even too sure if you'll be able to answer my question because I don't know how to word it right. Thanks
The easiest way to find out what size your jeans should be is this.. Take a pair of jeans that fits snug around your waist, button them up all the way,lay them flat on the floor, now measure the waistband and double that number. That's the true waist size of the jeans you have, now you can look at sizecharts and compare the true waist size of a new pair of jeans to what you already own and decide on whether or not you can stand going down a size or not,taking into account the stretching properties of the jean. The rest of the measurements are self-explanatory.. The rise = Front rise measurement... leg opening= the leg opening measurement, etc...

Originally Posted by xxSC Trojanxx

So far, I see that only the Iron Hearts carry big sizes. I'm looking at those 634s Straight as the only pair I might be able to fit into. The problem is I want something that fits a little bit looser than 501s. In the past I have had to buy a bigger size in 501s in order to have some room in the thighs. I'm not interested in honeycombs or whiskers. I just want some raw denim that keeps its color for a while. From reading the whole thread it looks like I would be looking for some sanforized raw denim. Any raw denim that might fit that description? I'd hate to drop close to $300 on some jeans that I might not like how they fit.

I can't believe there are so many people on here that have never worn STF 501s. As a kid that's pretty much all we wore in my hood. I remember them costing about $15. First people I saw wearing them without washing them for a while were the neighborhood gangsters (creased up and full of starch) about 15 yrs. ago.
What size are you? Because Sugar Cane jeans go up to 38..

Just read through this for the first time, don't have much to add but I will try to help answer questions since I have been into denim for a while.
Here are some pairs that I have:

APC Rescue
Nudie SSDS
Samurai S0500 "Contest Sammies"
Samurai S3000vx
Evisu x Puma 1st run
SExIH03BK (Self Edge collab with Iron Heart Cyclist Jeans in Black)
Warehouse SuFu 660
Dior Dauphin 19cm

If there are any specific questions about these pairs I will do my best to answer your questions, or if you have any other denim questions in general I willtry to add what I know.

On another note, for all the guys in the Bay Area do yourself a favor and head over to Self Edge. Not only do they have great denim, but Kiya has loads ofdenim knowledge that he is willing to share and they have great customer service. Keep up the great work at SE.

Code:
Hello all, welcome to The Denim Mythbusters Show. Today's topic: Soaking. You ready to get your mind blown? Soaking your jeans in water for anything over 40 minutes is a waste of time, theshrinking of the cotton fibers takes place because they've become wet then dryfor the first time since being woven into a textile. How long you leave the jeansin the water does NOT equate to the amount of shrinking. Actual test i've done just to make sure what i've learned is correct: Takea pair of unsanforized jeans and soak them in warm water for 25 minutes, take anotherpair of the same jeans and soak them for 2 hours. Difference in shrinkage? Prettymuch unnoticeable. Technically? .1" in the waist, .2" in the length. The temperature of the water makes a far larger difference. Kids who talk about "i soaked for three hours" are wasting 2 hours and 40 minutes of waitingtime. That'll be all for today's Denim Mythbusters Show.

dude, just start a rock and republic, ed hardy and abercrombie thread if you feel the need. no reason to keep coming in here.

What size are you? Because Sugar Cane jeans go up to 38..

I'd have to say about 39-40. Obviously jeans don't come in 39 but the 40s fit me just fine. That's why I think that it might only be the IronHearts. I wouldn't want to risk some size 38s if they are going to fit me too snug (at least for my liking).

Why can't they make jeans for us big boned people?
roll.gif

I need a new pair of jeans and don't want to pay that much... hows h&m denim(at least I think it is
laugh.gif
). It was pretty cheap, does anyone own apair?

Back
Top Bottom