*| | Denim _ School | |*

Quick question. Just dropped my Levi 522s off at the tailor - first time there. For some reason I can't search within the thread on my phone. But what should you usually tell the tailor? Can't remember what you guys suggested but I think it was something along the lines of taper from the inseam? Or something like that.

Quick question. Just dropped my Levi 522s off at the tailor - first time there. For some reason I can't search within the thread on my phone. But what should you usually tell the tailor? Can't remember what you guys suggested but I think it was something along the lines of taper from the inseam? Or something like that.
Well, what are you trying to do to your jeans?

Taper? Hem? You should ask your tailor first.

I dropped them off and left, didn't even think about it too much. She had me try them on and she measured the opening for me, measured the length so she could adjust, and then did the sides. She said she would taper the sides for me and I think she said hem the cuff. I'm just now thinking cause I don't know much about tailoring.....is this gonna mess up the original cuff that the jeans came with? Like you know, when you roll/cuff the jeans - is that gonna be messed up?

I'm busy off and on right now so I can't call or go back in right now

Last edited:
so she's gonna taper and hem them. were they selvedge? cause if so, that's probably gonna be gone

I dropped them off and left, didn't even think about it too much. She had me try them on and she measured the opening for me, measured the length so she could adjust, and then did the sides. She said she would taper the sides for me and I think she said hem the cuff. I'm just now thinking cause I don't know much about tailoring.....is this gonna mess up the original cuff that the jeans came with? Like you know, when you roll/cuff the jeans - is that gonna be messed up?

I don't hem them when I taper my jeans

so she's gonna taper and hem them. were they selvedge? cause if so, that's probably gonna be gone

There's tailors that save the selvedge, they tear the seam and fold it in and stitch it up, my tailor does this or he can taper from the inside to preserve the original selvedge

You don't have 2 minutes to give her a call and tell her to hold off?

Yes, it's going to ruin the selvedge. Most tailors usually taper from the outer seam unless you specify inner seam.

Last edited:

momotaro. hella years. Hail Hydra

You don't have 2 minutes to give her a call and tell her to hold off?

Yes, it's going to ruin the selvedge. Most tailors usually taper from the outer seam unless you specify inner seam.

Went back and caught them before closing - she said she would do it where the selvegde line wasn't messed up and so the stitching is still there. Ended up going too two different tailors to compare the work - we'll see come Saturday.

There's tailors that save the selvedge, they tear the seam and fold it in and stitch it up, my tailor does this or he can taper from the inside to preserve the original selvedge

interesting, that sounds like it would come out looking off though. inseam is definitely the way to go.

that momotaro jacket is just awesome :smokin

Anyone know any good tailors in Houston? Need some jeans tapered

The tailor I go to is pretty decent, even though she's a lil sloppy at times. Can't remember the name of the store but it's off Hwy 6 and Williams Trace in Sugar Land. To the left of Randall's. She charges $20 to taper.

The tailor I go to is pretty decent, even though she's a lil sloppy at times. Can't remember the name of the store but it's off Hwy 6 and Williams Trace in Sugar Land. To the left of Randall's. She charges $20 to taper.

Thanks man. I'm guessing its "Amy Tailor"? PMed you for more details

damn - I wanted a denim jacket from them as well...

never pulled the trigger because it would have taken me too long to get it to look like that - well done

Got a pair of brand new, never worn Unbranded UB355 Straight Fit Black Chino Selvedge jeans for sale. Size 28, 13oz - a little too tight for me

Been rocking with the Lee 101 line for nearly two years, and was wondering if anyone here have experience.

Good looking out...been looking for something.

Newb question... Are there any good quality denim that are draw string waist band?  

Newb question... Are there any good quality denim that are draw string waist band?  

I enjoy wearing my Zanerobe Salerno light wash denim. They are comfy with llots of stretch.

Definitely not going to be a popular choice amongst old school denim heads, but a nice alternative to a heavy raw denim.

Back
Top Bottom