*| | Denim _ School | |*

so i did my first soak yesterday, is it normal for the waist to retract ? also any advice to remove some of the stiffness 

Dropped some new BR Chinos off at a local Mom&Pop cleaners for a hem.

I asked about tapering them and all she said was "Fourteen dollars and up." After several tries of trying to get a price, she finally said it was $20 just for the tapering. I decided to just stick to the hem.

I picked them up today. They were hemmed 1/2" shorter than they were supposed to and the stitching looks like ****. I can't imagine what the taper would have looked like.

I don't usually get jeans altered so I haven't really looked around. I'll probably do some more research on tailors after this poor experience.

yeah, always try to take some pants you do t care too much about for your first try with a tailor. if the work is good you're in the clear

the first tailor i went to was trash, a friend of mine told me to try the one he goes too and they do great work, fast turn around time and great prices

Any suggestions for helping stretch out knee area in jeans?

My mr completely jeans fit great everywhere but in the knees. They are honestly so tight in the knees i cant even wear them and im one skinny kid, im not sure how the company considers the cut "skinny straight"

You can't really stretch the knee area. You could cut the knees if that's your style. I do not recommend that though.

got some gap selvedge for real cheap during the weekend, talked to an indian groundskepper at work and asked him to taper and cut, for 3$ he did a perfect job and even smart enough to do this

didnt even have to explain to him. and yeah 6" leg opening :lol:

got some gap selvedge for real cheap during the weekend, talked to an indian groundskepper at work and asked him to taper and cut, for 3$ he did a perfect job and even smart enough to do this

didnt even have to explain to him. and yeah 6" leg opening :lol:

What fit did you get for these?

Last edited:
Anyone other then the NTer who posted the Morotaro Denim Jacket have any info on it. Regarding sizing mainly. I hit him up but he hasn't replied and I really want to get the jacket.

Anyone other then the NTer who posted the Morotaro Denim Jacket have any info on it. Regarding sizing mainly. I hit him up but he hasn't replied and I really want to get the jacket.

definitely a dope jacket. if you find out the info post it up

definitely a dope jacket. if you find out the info post it up

Found it online for about 265. Just not sure if it's the exact same one and how the sizing is. Id like it to fit nice and not baggy but I also want to be able to layer a thin sweater underneath.

The new Self Edge * Strike Gold collab joints are very dope. Almost pulled the trigger but I just don't need a new pair.

my damn iron hearts ripped... again. The crouch blew out once and I got them repaired at denim therapy but they blew out again cause i gained some weight...

my pure blue japans and momotaros dont even fit me either 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

gotta look for another pair and im not looking forward to dropping another $300+ smh.... maybe i should just buy some APC and call it a day

^ Drop weight or cop new jeans.

Blowouts come from super tight jeans + not washing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom