*| | Denim _ School | |*

New to the thread an I've seen Leftfield NYC mentioned a few times, does anybody have any experience with their customer service or actually own a pair. I know their a bit pricey for newcomers but I'm seriously considering getting a pair of the Charles Atlas cut denim in black and getting them hemmed. All help is greatly appreciated

I've heard nothing but good things about them, never owned any of their stuff though. Just looked at their site and $180 isn't that bad. I bought of pair of APC petit standards for my first raw denim at $140, which is major rip off lol.

I am looking to find a fit/brand that fits me well. My problem is that my slim fit jeans are too loose under the knee and skinnys are too tight at the thigh. Any thoughts?

I am looking to find a fit/brand that fits me well. My problem is that my slim fit jeans are too loose under the knee and skinnys are too tight at the thigh. Any thoughts?

my suggestion is to find a pair that you like and fits you well in the waist and thighs and get them tapered.

I tried so many different brands/fits before i just started getting them tapered. can wear off the rack no more :lol:

Oni and Tanuki are some brands I've seen with a "relaxed" taper cut where the top block is a little roomier and has an aggressive taper to 6.5-7" opening depending on the size

interested in the new stretch Onis, may have to give them a shot

As a newbie to the raw denim game, I had a few questions about fades etc.

A bought a pair of APC NS as a starter pair a few months ago and have been wearing them a fair amount. Not every single day, but at least 3-4 days a week for the full work day.
I have noticed that they have gotten softer, but still somewhat stiff. Also, the dark indigo color that the denim originally came in is still pretty much present. I don't see any fades at all
pretty soft or the denim itself turning a lighter shade of denim.

Any ideas on why this is? Please keep in mind I have not soaked or washed them as of yet, and tbh I'm still confused on what the difference is between the 2 and what the purposes of each are, besides cleaning and keeping it from smells.

Would appreciate the help ya'll :smile:

^ APC is known for fading quickly if you wear them consistently.

Maybe you're not really active/moving in them.

depending on what you’re doin in them 3-4 days a week for 2-3 months probably just isn’t enough wear to get fades. fading raw denim is a marathon not a sprint that can take a while depending on how “hard” they’re worn.

you can always try to give them a soak to get rid of any loose indigo to help show whatever fades may be coming in

depending on what you’re doin in them 3-4 days a week for 2-3 months probably just isn’t enough wear to get fades. fading raw denim is a marathon not a sprint that can take a while depending on how “hard” they’re worn.

you can always try to give them a soak to get rid of any loose indigo to help show whatever fades may be coming in

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I work a desk job, so im not really active in them per se. I will just keep wearing them and see where it goes.

Any tips on what soaking will do besides getting rid of any loos indigo? My biggest issue right now isnt really the fades because im sure they will come over time, but the denim is still fairly stiff and not super comfortable to wear. As this is the first pair of raws that im breaking in, not sure if its par for the course or if soaking them might soften them up a bit.

^ Don't soak/wash them unless they're smelly/dirty.

If you keep wearing them, they'll soften up with time. Raw denim is stiff like that at first.

Wifey says you don't need another pair of jeans lol

Most are Nudies, Naked & Famous one gap pair thrown in there and a jbrand
IMG_3121.JPG

Back
Top Bottom