*| | Denim _ School | |*

Sugar Cane x Self Edge... ready for the year

Attachments

• 1A3F72F7-9422-4D67-BC76-E5164E366F17.jpeg
    1A3F72F7-9422-4D67-BC76-E5164E366F17.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 217
Recently got a pair of BR Travelers I've had just chilling in the back of my closet brand new for years tailored to a 6 inch leg opening and I'm having a hard time reaching for anything else now :lol:

A leg opening that small doesn't look good to me on higher cut shoes (except maybe Chelsea boots and stuff like that), but low tops like Common Projects Achilles are a perfect match.

I'm gonna finally stop being lazy and get the rest of my denim taken down to a range between 6.5-6.75ish soon (most of them are ~7 inches right now.)

If you're in NY, APC has a sample sale going on at 450 W 14st.

I peeped earlier today and the denim there are priced at $60 which is a steal. I saw New Petite Standards and New Cure styles but the biggest size I seen was 27. Apparently all the bigger sizes got sold out the first day. But dude at the counter said they still have more stuff they have to unload so might go back again.

Finally caught up to the thread. It was nice seeing Lee posted. I’m a big Lee 101 fan. I’ve been paying attention to a lot of older denim heritage stuff recently. Anyone into denim jackets? I just received my first dry type 1 jacket from a Japanese brand I’ve been buying from for some years. Can’t wait for the fades.

kurr kurr what brand and which jacket did you purchase? I've considered a denim jacket, but I don't believe I can pull off the Canadian tuxedo. I could probably pull off an olive denim jacket without looking FOB. My current rotation is SDA DM-002, Unbranded UB288, and PBJ IDKS-019.

kurr kurr what brand and which jacket did you purchase? I've considered a denim jacket, but I don't believe I can pull off the Canadian tuxedo. I could probably pull off an olive denim jacket without looking FOB. My current rotation is SDA DM-002, Unbranded UB288, and PBJ IDKS-019.
There’s this brand called UES. I really like their philosophy. I’ve been getting pieces from them for years, but now I just picked up my first pair of their jeans for its annual denim marathon. I picked up their Type 1 Jacket to beat along with my jeans.

From ues.co.jp,
“UES jeans is made of Zimbabwe cotton. Zimbabwe cotton is raised by the grace of mother Africa and it is recognized as the best quality cotton in the world.
To harvest only by hand, it doesn’t have any damage or mixed with cotton of a lower purity.
For that reason Zimbabwe Cotton has many characteristics which provide well-proportioned fiber structure, such as a high luster and whitening, also good pliability and dyeing.
We use quality cotton not only to achieve smooth fits, but also to provide durability much better than if we used cheap and hard cotton.
Also, to use quality cotton creates good natural proportioned slub yarn which can influence the vertical fade as a charm of the jeans.
For that reason, Zimbabwe Cotton can deliver cool vertical fade that crosses to vintage jeans looks.
We are sticking to rich and deep colors, mixing brown cotton to yarn.
If you look at the back side of the fabric, you will find the weft looks a brownish off-white color.”

Newest addition

Okayama Denim x Japan Blue Jeans
Sapphire Blue Slub 18 oz
High Tapered fit

F0925382-CB0E-4226-B48C-4F4ED8070B5D.jpeg

Not a great shot, but I’ll get better ones soon when I get some time

C7DD7CEE-B0C0-4365-B296-27E3D937A1F7.jpeg
nice! considering picking up some Japan Blue jeans myself. would be my first pair of raw denim that's not N&F.

nice! considering picking up some Japan Blue jeans myself. would be my first pair of raw denim that's not N&F.

I have maybe 3 pair of N&F? Nothing wrong with them. I like that they’re creative, do collabs, and think outside of the box.

I have 3 pair of SoSo Clothing denim too. For the price, you can’t beat all of the options! Custom jeans delivered to your door for less than $200? Also they have 30-50% off regularly! Great company

I have 4 pair of NBDN (NoBrandedOnDenim)
Great small company. Small batches. Not many have even heard about them.

There are so many options when it comes to quality denim now that you’re going to have snobs who look down at certain brands. I’d love to have a pair of Iron Hearts, but I won’t pay $600+ for jeans.
I paid $300 for HANDWOVEN denim! Buy what you like, it’s your money and you’re going to be wearing them

211E5C53-D53A-446F-B71C-1074D65C4FE9.jpeg

I just need comfy jeans. Bought 2 stretch pairs from jcrew recently. Their denim is thin and way overpriced but they had a good sale and comfy. Finally tried on american eagle flex jeans and they fit great.

Back
Top Bottom