*| | Denim _ School | |*

I have maybe 3 pair of N&F? Nothing wrong with them. I like that they’re creative, do collabs, and think outside of the box.

I have 3 pair of SoSo Clothing denim too. For the price, you can’t beat all of the options! Custom jeans delivered to your door for less than $200? Also they have 30-50% off regularly! Great company

I have 4 pair of NBDN (NoBrandedOnDenim)
Great small company. Small batches. Not many have even heard about them.

There are so many options when it comes to quality denim now that you’re going to have snobs who look down at certain brands. I’d love to have a pair of Iron Hearts, but I won’t pay $600+ for jeans.
I paid $300 for HANDWOVEN denim! Buy what you like, it’s your money and you’re going to be wearing them

211E5C53-D53A-446F-B71C-1074D65C4FE9.jpeg
i have three pairs of N&F denim as well, but they’re all weird guys, which haven’t fit me as great as i wanted them to. not sure why i kept buying them, honestly. nevertheless, i prob won’t be able to get japan blue joints cause the measurements of even the skinny pairs are closer to weird guys than anything else. might get some left hand twill super guys. i have them in weird guys and they faded pretty nicely.

i have three pairs of N&F denim as well, but they’re all weird guys, which haven’t fit me as great as i wanted them to. not sure why i kept buying them, honestly. nevertheless, i prob won’t be able to get japan blue joints cause the measurements of even the skinny pairs are closer to weird guys than anything else. might get some left hand twill super guys. i have them in weird guys and they faded pretty nicely.

Are you looking for a more loose fit? I don’t do skinny AT ALL. They’re uncomfortable and never fit me right. I need more room in the thighs, and usually when I get enough room in the thighs it’s a straight fit or I can’t get my hand in the front pocket.

I can help you out with finding fits. These Japan Blues are Okayamas High Taper. Great fit for me, but my only complaint is that the front pockets aren’t very wide at all. So it’s hard to get your hand in the pocket regardless

What's a good brand to start with? Are APCs still a good brand that isn't too expensive? I normally wear Levi's Regular Tapers, so I'd like something similar to that cut/fit.

ANy suggestions would be great!

^ really all depends on your budget. For the price of APC, there are other (better) brands.

What's a good brand to start with? Are APCs still a good brand that isn't too expensive? I normally wear Levi's Regular Tapers, so I'd like something similar to that cut/fit.

I mean even Target sells selvage denim now. But there are so so so many brands now. There’s nothing local to me, so I have to order everything.

Check out Tate & Yoko for Naked and Famous, good brand, not too expensive, and it’s a good place to start. It’s where I started

acne studios, none better under $300 but if budget an issue then maybe everlane, or nudies

Are you looking for a more loose fit? I don’t do skinny AT ALL. They’re uncomfortable and never fit me right. I need more room in the thighs, and usually when I get enough room in the thighs it’s a straight fit or I can’t get my hand in the front pocket.

I can help you out with finding fits. These Japan Blues are Okayamas High Taper. Great fit for me, but my only complaint is that the front pockets aren’t very wide at all. So it’s hard to get your hand in the pocket regardless
nah, a slightly slimmer fit actually, which is why i'm thinking about the super guy fit. my weird guys had a bit too much room in the thighs for me, though i sized up one on all of them, so i have to take that into account. at the end of the day though, i'm still trying to gauge what's the better fit for my frame.

Last edited:
Self Edge has a collaboration with Warehouse coming beginning of December. Going to grab a pair, if the measurements are right.

n&f has a dbz collab that looks dope.

a ghostbusters one too with glow in the dark jeans.

I always wanted to try apc but jeans that can stretch from 2-4 inches in the waist is stupid and ridiculous.

nah, a slightly slimmer fit actually, which is why i'm thinking about the super guy fit. my weird guys had a bit too much room in the thighs for me, though i sized up one on all of them, so i have to take that into account. at the end of the day though, i'm still trying to gauge what's the better fit for my frame.

SoSo Clothing is having a 50% off sale right now I believe. Check out their site and options

SoSo Clothing is having a 50% off sale right now I believe. Check out their site and options
much appreciated bruv! i'm curious -- how did you size on your japan blue jeans? i'm liking some of their stuff (sucks that so few shops stock them) and i'm seeing mixed specs for sizing.

Anybody mess with Bravestar Selv? I’ve been thinking about grabbing a pair but I’m currently unsure.

Anybody mess with Bravestar Selv? I’ve been thinking about grabbing a pair but I’m currently unsure.

I bought 2 pair strictly for work (just because they’re cheaper, but will still last longer)
But they’re holding up great

much appreciated bruv! i'm curious -- how did you size on your japan blue jeans? i'm liking some of their stuff (sucks that so few shops stock them) and i'm seeing mixed specs for sizing.

Very limited where you can get them. I just measured my most comfortable jeans and compared it to their sizing charts. After you have a couple of pair you’ll know what will and won’t work very quickly

Very limited where you can get them. I just measured my most comfortable jeans and compared it to their sizing charts. After you have a couple of pair you’ll know what will and won’t work very quickly
word, i've been measuring (and remeasuring lol) some of my better fitting jeans and comparing to size charts online. i'm in that weird situation where i'm stuck between sizes though. the smaller size has the right upper thigh measurements, but the waist is a tad smaller than my current jeans, while the larger size has something closer to my usual measurements, but larger thighs. i'm not rushing myself though. if i find something, that's cool, if not then i'll wait it out for new releases

word, i've been measuring (and remeasuring lol) some of my better fitting jeans and comparing to size charts online. i'm in that weird situation where i'm stuck between sizes though. the smaller size has the right upper thigh measurements, but the waist is a tad smaller than my current jeans, while the larger size has something closer to my usual measurements, but larger thighs. i'm not rushing myself though. if i find something, that's cool, if not then i'll wait it out for new releases

The jeans will stretch out some. If my waist is a true 34”, I would buy a 34 to a 34.5. I’d rather them be a little loose on me after they stretch than too tight. The jeans will be tight as hell on you the first few days and you’ll think you went too small, but break them in and you’ll see.

The jeans will stretch out some. If my waist is a true 34”, I would buy a 34 to a 34.5. I’d rather them be a little loose on me after they stretch than too tight. The jeans will be tight as hell on you the first few days and you’ll think you went too small, but break them in and you’ll see.
preciate the input, man

Where you guys sending for repairs? I know railcar is one of the more known/popular spots. Anywhere else with good quality/prices/turn around time?

Forgot where I saw it, but one day scrolling through IG, saw someone mention a place called “rufcutjeans”. Anyone heard of them?

Where you guys sending for repairs? I know railcar is one of the more known/popular spots. Anywhere else with good quality/prices/turn around time?

Forgot where I saw it, but one day scrolling through IG, saw someone mention a place called “rufcutjeans”. Anyone heard of them?

Indigoproof on IG

ive only been rocking gstars for the past few years...am i doin it wrong? been out for awhile in the jeans game

self edge also does repairs, though they're probably on the pricier end.

Had no idea this thread was still alive
For the new year I’m going back to basics and scooped some quality Japanese denim

Copped some PBJ’s
This specific pair is a collab with the store blue in green that I got em from in soho nyc
Shout outs to NT for schooling me on raw / Japanese / selvedge denim ohhh so many years ago
These joints are indigo x indigo so they finna bleed on everything
What y’all rocking shoe / sneaker / boot wise ?

self edge also does repairs, though they're probably on the pricier end.
The last time I tried a Self Edge for repairs they weren’t taking in and that was a while back

I goto Denin Revival on 3rd near Fairfax

a little pricey but their reinforcement method is great and they saved my acne and apc pairs before a crotch blowout was imminent

Back
Top Bottom