*| | Denim _ School | |*

Pulled the trigger on these over the holidays got them for $78, retail was $260. Any suggestions on a belt?
0EB4A2FA-E38B-4494-9661-F206876E89A5.jpeg

Selvedge is just that line of thread on the outseam. Supposedly it helps against unraveling or whatever. Never had jeans unravel on me from any price point, selvedge or no selvedge. Guess all the high quality raw Japanese denim come in selvedge anyway. Kinda stopped caring about raw selvedge after my RRL's and gap pairs barely faded after wearing them for years. Should've bought brands that lost indigo and faded fast. Had regular Levi's that showed nice fades after 4-5 years. Really difficult to find some medium or light wash jeans with nice fading and whiskering similar to the ones RRL has without the $500 price.

Search reddit or superfuture. I've heard of people doing this but just curious what brands have you owned in the past? maybe there's something you could pick up in Japan.
had a few from iron heart, to momo, to oni..

Definitely plan on visiting other brands while i'm there but just wanted to try the experience of my own pair

Asked the manager at Blue in Greene so i'll see if he can connect the dots for me

had a few from iron heart, to momo, to oni..

Definitely plan on visiting other brands while i'm there but just wanted to try the experience of my own pair

Asked the manager at Blue in Greene so i'll see if he can connect the dots for me
Good call on contacting BiG, you can also contact Kiya from Self Edge. You’ve owned some great brands so disregard my previous comment.

Yeah I just started getting back into workwear after spending a lot on hype.

I want to check out Butterscotch in LBC one weekend
That’s all I wear. Work wear material clothes. I sold all my hyped up supreme clothing and went back to the basics. Maybe the pocket tees and low key clothing is alright, but nothing too flashy anymore. I’m getting older man, and I been seeing supreme since I was in high school. I just feel like a kid wearing the hyped up supreme stuff these days. Lol. I haven’t stopped wearing selvedge jeans though and I don’t think I ever will. Nothing beats traditional made denim

congrats on the new denim! what's the weight?

thanks !
I needed a nice black pair to start putting some work in on
These feel pretty light compared to the 14oz PBJ pair I got earlier this month
I also went just a little bit tighter on the waste and a slightly larger leg opening
It’s been interesting figuring out what fits best

The specs on these are
  • 13oz Yarn-Dyed Black Selvedge Denim
  • Right Hand Twill
  • #8 Warp Sulfur Dyed Yarn
  • #8 Weft Reactive Dyed Yarn
  • 1940's Style Sewing Using #30, #20, #8, & #6 Black Thread Stitching
  • Redline Selvedge ID
  • Deerskin Leather Patch
  • Made in Japan

thanks !
I needed a nice black pair to start putting some work in on
These feel pretty light compared to the 14oz PBJ pair I got earlier this month
I also went just a little bit tighter on the waste and a slightly larger leg opening
It’s been interesting figuring out what fits best

The specs on these are
  • 13oz Yarn-Dyed Black Selvedge Denim
  • Right Hand Twill
  • #8 Warp Sulfur Dyed Yarn
  • #8 Weft Reactive Dyed Yarn
  • 1940's Style Sewing Using #30, #20, #8, & #6 Black Thread Stitching
  • Redline Selvedge ID
  • Deerskin Leather Patch
  • Made in Japan
dope. don't think i've seen how black raw denim progresses -- always been shades of blue. should be interesting to see how these fade. i've seen some great results from sugar cane

Pulled the trigger on these over the holidays got them for $78, retail was $260. Any suggestions on a belt?
0EB4A2FA-E38B-4494-9661-F206876E89A5.jpeg
tanner goods belt! it's the same brand DonRafa DonRafa recommended me in this thread and i still wear it to this day. though i had to make new holes in it (because I've possibly lost some weight), it's holding up just fine

Need some work soon on my Samurais.

Thinking Denim Therapy or Detroit Denim.

Any experiences? Prefer local but don’t think any Texas spots offer this.
Go back and read through the past couple of pages... some spots have been mentioned, but not many.

I’m actually planning on sending a pair out for repair soon, so the more suggestions to choose from, the better.

I scrolled thru most every page not sure anyone’s mentioned a specific place in Texas but rail car gets mentioned a lot for people without brick and mortar locations near them

Detroit denim was the most responsive when I reached out to a few places in the past. I have three pairs that need repairs I just keep buying a new pair as it seems to be cheaper. I need to get them fixed though so I have more than one option again.

tanner goods belt is incredible I’ve had it for about a week. Saddle leather with the black hardware.

Attachments

• 4BAE53FC-206C-479B-82FD-16CF9507561D.jpeg
    4BAE53FC-206C-479B-82FD-16CF9507561D.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 280
Found another reason to hit up self edge
gonna scoop a heavyweight hoodie
either 3sixteen or ironheart
i think3sixteen might be better bang for my buck
also black hoodie has a black leather zipper pull rather than veggie tan

ENDED UP GETTING SOMETHING DIFFERENT SINCE THEY DIDNT HAVE MY SIZE IN STORE IN THE ONE I WANTED
1580234926804.png

Went with the 3sixteen X SELFEDGE collabo
Garment dyed black then washed out to that faded grey
Made with Heavy Weight 14.75oz Custom Woven Cotton Fleece
MADE IN CANADA

Been wanting the iron ehart heavyweight hoodie but a little too much $

need a self edge sale and i'll grab that or the 3sixteen one.

the black secret denim oni's I grabbed are holding up really well after a 2 months. I just love how they smell. stretched some in the waist though, probably grab a new belt.

Back
Top Bottom