*| | Denim _ School | |*

dang i need to step my denim game up. thought i was doing it with my levis.
i hate ordering jeans online though and no stores around here sale anything like nudies or any quality denim beside levi

Originally Posted by omgitswes

i hate ordering jeans online though and no stores around here sale anything like nudies or any quality denim beside levi

Where are you from? If worse comes to worse you can take your own measurements and compare them to what you may consider buying and make sure they have areturn/exchange policy.

i just copped a pair of nudies avg joes for 120 from barneys co-op sale. it was a 1 day 40% off everything in store. anyone else go? they had prp jeans.. ijust couldnt afford to drop even with 40%

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Where are you from? If worse comes to worse you can take your own measurements and compare them to what you may consider buying and make sure they have a return/exchange policy.
huntsville, alabama. closest places to have a chance finding some will be nashville or birmingham.
and i already know my measurements and stuff its just iffy. can you get jeans tailored?

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Help me out with my new denim purchase guys, Nudie Straight Sven selvage of APC New Standards. One is $170 while the other is $150

I'd go with APC's. I just like the overall quality better than nudie.

why are they sized so weird? i wear a 33/34 in the waist and a 33/34 length.
if i'm reading it right the only way i can get the length right is go up a size in waist, and to get the waist right i gotta go down a size in length.
i'm talking about on context clothing btw the APC Rescue
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=7
i can't do skinny jeans they don't last very long. so any more straight leg recs would be appreciated. really not trying to go over 200 for one pair ofjeans though
really wish there was a way to try these on before buying them

omgitswes- Raw Denim stretches out and APC's stretch out a lot. But if you really have too, you can get denim tailored.

Originally Posted by TheI4LW

anyone order from selfedge.com before? its been over a month and havent received my jeans yet. they legit?

They're legit.

You should give them a call.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

What would you recommend for someone on the heavy side that is just starting out? I'm pretty big, but not too tall and I always found it hard to find comfortable jeans. I like the soft feeling that will develop after wears, but is this better on raw dneim or pre-washed denim to get this soft feeling?
Nudies Easy Emil's are good if youre lookin for a looser fit (i'm 6'1'' 235 playing o-line so i need pants that won'tstrangle my legs) i switched up to these for the summer cause nudies denim is a little lighter than the apc NS's i was wearing through summer. and thesoftness of the denim'll fell alot nicer when the denim is broken in

Copped these yesterday:

Citizens Of Humanity - Sid Leisure
Nudie - Average Joe Dry Heavy

9s460p.jpg
ifa8ub.jpg

why are they sized so weird? i wear a 33/34 in the waist and a 33/34 length.
if i'm reading it right the only way i can get the length right is go up a size in waist, and to get the waist right i gotta go down a size in length.
i'm talking about on context clothing btw the APC Rescue
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=7
i can't do skinny jeans they don't last very long. so any more straight leg recs would be appreciated. really not trying to go over 200 for one pair of jeans though
really wish there was a way to try these on before buying them

ALL APC IS 34 LENGTH NO MATTER THE SIZE OR CUT.
With that said, get at me for APC needs:wink:

Originally Posted by Drama23

i just copped a pair of nudies avg joes for 120 from barneys co-op sale. it was a 1 day 40% off everything in store. anyone else go? they had prp jeans.. i just couldnt afford to drop even with 40%

I wanted to cop a pair of APC NS' but they only had a size 35
smh.gif

How do you guys get raw denim to fade like that? It's
pimp.gif
and now I'm considering doing it, rather than buying pre-washed jeans.

I found it a little bit more difficult to get combs and stacks on my cm's but after around 5 months it is getting there. Fades seems impossible howeversince they are dark faded :/
How much slimmer are grims, ps AND ns compared to slim jims because I hate the flared leg on my sj and thought to alter them to one of the 3.

Originally Posted by GhostRideIt

How do you guys get raw denim to fade like that? It's
pimp.gif
and now I'm considering doing it, rather than buying pre-washed jeans.
Time
laugh.gif

Gotta wear them for a while before soaking them so all the indigo fades away making the honeycombs and whiskers everyone wants.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by Drama23

i just copped a pair of nudies avg joes for 120 from barneys co-op sale. it was a 1 day 40% off everything in store. anyone else go? they had prp jeans.. i just couldnt afford to drop even with 40%

I wanted to cop a pair of APC NS' but they only had a size 35
smh.gif
This is where I got mine from, wasn't even planning on buying but dude said 40% off all mens
eek.gif
..and it was a go

Originally Posted by 3miyasaki3

Anyone wear mek? My friend loves his.

Mek is usually a predistressed and washed style of jeans. Usually sold in Buckle I think. Different strokes for different folks. I highly SUGGEST wearing aLevi's over these. Levi's willl be timeless, and come with varying styles and cuts and embellishments(fenom disco). The MEK back pattern suggestsdouchebaggery and "edhardy/tapout/affliction" affiliation in my opinion. But that is just my viewpoint.

Price may be an issue for many higher end jeans, especially in the raw department, but most of the time, it is justified in the details. Lots of times it isalso in the cost of scale of production that raises the price too.

any fans of Five Four denim?...definitely a fan of their Drake (relaxed fit) cuts...and their washes aren't too over the top...have a refined yet casuallook to them...

Gilt Groupe has some good stuff today:
I would post an invite but don't wanna take away from dude up there.

sale_recirc.jpg
AG Adriano Goldschmied

sale_recirc.jpg
Costume National Homme

sale_recirc.jpg
Diesel

sale_recirc.jpg
Earnest Sewn

sale_recirc.jpg
Gant

sale_recirc.jpg
Loomstate

sale_recirc.jpg
Love Moschino

sale_recirc.jpg
Rogan

sale_recirc.jpg
SPURR

sale_recirc.jpg
True Religion

Finally got my Average Joe Dry Heavy joints, theyr'e a little tight in the waist. Will they stretch?

Back
Top Bottom