*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Hey guys,

How do the New STFs fit?

I just bought a pair of stfs from the levi's store last week.Not sure if they're the new fit but they're way better than the previous stf'sI've owned.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

what other jeans fit like levi 511? i dont want to keep spending 45 dollars on pants

Apc new cure
Nudies thin finn
Uniqlo t-000
Gap skinny fit

Originally Posted by dbbabd

What are some of the jean brands that are "IN" right now? Im really feelin levis 501's but I cant wear the same type of jeans two and three times a week. Any jeans that are similar to 501's and that are under $100? What are some good jeans for the 50-80 price range?

Nudies & Apcs are "IN" right now.They're good quality denim (well, maybe not so much nudies") for a good price.I also see more and morepeople purchasing Flat heads.Those will run you 2-3 bills tho.The gap standard fit jeans are similar to 501s and should be around the same price range.

All I know is I was at Shrine MGM Foxwoods last night an EVERYBODY had on True Religions, I know NT hates em but thats besides the point. I meandamn..........I cant even tell you how many dudes had on the same wash as me.

Im more about fit, I got muscular legs so if anybody knows a good brand that fits like that let me know.

Lookin' for a pair of straight jeans....

I was rockin with the Straight Sven (couple sizes too big though
laugh.gif
) sothose were baggy.. Lookin for something not slim. more like...a regular fit *!%. was considering Rescues - yea?

Originally Posted by TheI4LW

Finally got my Average Joe Dry Heavy joints, theyr'e a little tight in the waist. Will they stretch?
Don't expect them to fade much, hardest pair to fade by far, besides raw black of course

Rescues are bootcut.You might wanna go with the New standards but size down 2...Or 1 depending on how lose you want them to fit.

if i take my slacks to a tailor and ask to get them tapered, are they gonna just taper the leg opening? or the leg and thigh areas too?

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Rescues are bootcut.You might wanna go with the New standards but size down 2...Or 1 depending on how lose you want them to fit.
rescues are not bootcut.

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Lookin' for a pair of straight jeans....

I was rockin with the Straight Sven (couple sizes too big though
laugh.gif
) so those were baggy.. Lookin for something not slim. more like...a regular fit *!%. was considering Rescues - yea?

Get New Standards and size down one rather than two, they'll be perfect.

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

if i take my slacks to a tailor and ask to get them tapered, are they gonna just taper the leg opening? or the leg and thigh areas too?
Depends what you want them to do, if you want them to do all the above, they will.

few things

- Been having my AJDH since Sept. about 6 months of GOOD wear. Not sure if I want to wash yet.
- Had the ESDO since Dec. Not sure if I want to wash these yet either.

When did you guys wash?

Also, 1 or 2 size down for APC New Standard. I don't want them to be Kid Cudi status, but I also don't want Jay-Z jeans.

It's hard for me to find jeans that fit me well. I used to sticking with Levis 514, what other jeans give me that slim fit?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

rescues are not bootcut.

My bad...I meant that the leg opening on rescues were pretty wide.....Bootcut status.

Men & Women's Rag and Bone on Gilt Groupe Thursday, 5/28 at noon Eastern time

orig.jpg

if you're not familiar with Gilt Groupe it's a members only site that sellers designer and luxury brands for up to 70% off

if you're not a member use this invitation link to become one:

>>>>> Invitation Link <<<<<

Originally Posted by doyung9

few things

- Been having my AJDH since Sept. about 6 months of GOOD wear. Not sure if I want to wash yet.

When did you guys wash?

Also, 1 or 2 size down for APC New Standard. I don't want them to be Kid Cudi status, but I also don't want Jay-Z jeans.

1. Size down 1 then, they'll be a straight fit. Not baggy, but not slim. If you want slim, then two.
2. I don't have ESDO's but I do have AJDH, just washed them for the first time after a year. AJDH needs that extra time cause it's soo dark.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by doyung9

few things

When did you guys wash?

1. Size down 1 then, they'll be a straight fit. Not baggy, but not slim. If you want slim, then two.
2. I don't have ESDO's but I do have AJDH, just washed them for the first time after a year. AJDH needs that extra time cause it's soo dark.
yeah, seems like the AJDH takes some time. My even steven's seem to be wearing quicker.

bump

how do diesel straight leg jeans fit? i was planning on getting a pair online, but the only waist sizes available in my range are 30 and a 32. im typically a31

i dont mind sizing down to a 30 as i have been able to for a few pairs of my 7s. also, ive gone a size up to a 32 for energie jeans which were more of a snugfit

so, would you guys recommend a size up or down?

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Semi-denim noob here so, please, bear with me. I'm interested in purchasing some Nudies but not sure which style/model. I pretty much only wear Levis 514 as they offer a Slim Straight fit. I checked out the Nudie site and it seems like the "Slim Jim" model would fit me best. Though I also like the "Even Steven" and "Grim Tim" styles. Basically, I want denim that'll fit me well like my 514 Levis and that will provide me with cool fading, honeycombs, and all that other jazz over time. What do you guys suggest?

Are you only interested in Nudies or do you want other brands as well?

In terms of APC, the New Standards are the fit that would closely resemble the 514.

Which brand would you recommend? Again, I just want some dark denim that will fade and "look vintage/worn-in" over time. Also, what stores(preferably in NYC &/or online) would you guys recommend as I'd like to purchase some ASAP.

Yo... anyone who is familiar with Nudie fits, compare Grim Tim to something. I've found a pair that I like but the wash is ONLY in Grim tim and I'veonly worn A. Joe, E. Steven, and S. Kim.

Bump... Also, are APC's better quality denim than Nudies? It seems that APC New Standards (online for around $150-160) are made with Japanese selvagedenim, whereas the Nudies (the less expensive, $160-$200) were not. Are they (Nudies) really worth the extra $$$ (for even just a "regular" pair letalone the $300 for the ***. denim) or are they just hype/trendy (the new True Religions)?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

A few new additions to the family

I was happy as hell when I was able to find these No.2 2001 Evisu. The newer made in China ones are alright, but there is nothing like the made in Japan Evisu.

These were so comfortable, I just had to cop.
Where can I get a pair of these and how much would they cost?

Soaking my APC Rescues after 7 months of heavy wear. I got liquor all over them over the weekend and I thought it was a sign. I'll post pics after I'mdone.

this thread falls back too often, which puzzles me considering denim is like right up there in terms of clothing priority for like 80-90% of NT.

Back
Top Bottom