*| | Denim _ School | |*

in response to the nudie's, they are not going to be as slim as 511's. slightly more room, but still a fairly fitted jean. you might be able to size down to achieve the fit you're looking for. here's a good site to give you an idea for the fit options with grim tim:

http://mynudies.com/showt...8-Pic-of-Grim-Tim/page21 work your way backwards to see the most current images, this style has been around for a few years now.

cris: nice IH pieces there. you have any heavily worn pairs that you can post up?

Originally Posted by j1mmych0o

Originally Posted by datpiff110

true religion>>>>>
laugh.gif
 no def not; TR is garbage...mass produced crap

Originally Posted by crisone

^ depends what cut you got....if they're raw, then yes, you would need to soak prior.
30 min later.....drippin:

Cris.
Mine are just plain ol 634S, which I'm reading right now are sanforized and don't need to be soaked. So I'm all good after all. I was confused for a second because the magnet that was given to me at self edge has wear & care tips for unsanforized denim.

I'm about 7 wears in right now. I feel like I might've gotten a little too much taken off from the bottom since my stacks are lacking a bit. oh well.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by datpiff110

true religion>>>>>
Very good quality and they last long

please stop, i know its jokes, but a lot of people that have been visiting recently are completely new to denim.  thanks 
embarassed.gif

so im new because i dont like the same type of jeans you do? Yes i like true religion denim, i like my jeans bootcut and their billy jeans seem to fit me like no other jeans, i dont shrink/soak them and i think trues look better the older they get. You have your brand and i have mine, respect that. Instead of throwing us "noobs" under the bus, why dont you school us on why trues are inferior to what you like, this is denim school right?

Quick question, how do bootcut nudie jeans fit, if they even make any? Everywhere i go i see dat dam slim jim fit

Very good quality and they last long

please stop, i know its jokes, but a lot of people that have been visiting recently are completely new to denim.  thanks 
embarassed.gif

so im new because i dont like the same type of jeans you do? Yes i like true religion denim, i like my jeans bootcut and their billy jeans seem to fit me like no other jeans, i dont shrink/soak them and i think trues look better the older they get. You have your brand and i have mine, respect that. Instead of throwing us "noobs" under the bus, why dont you school us on why trues are inferior to what you like, this is denim school right?

Quick question, how do bootcut nudie jeans fit, if they even make any? Everywhere i go i see dat dam slim jim fit
Originally Posted by fingerollin

Originally Posted by cs02132

Originally Posted by fingerollin

terrible quality 

hideous stitching 

they're made in some back alley factory in turkey on shoddy looms and they claim to have "fine" quality (laughable) 
ed hardy, vondutch, true religion all under the same tree of eventual ridicule 
you can literally get dozens of other brand jeans that put them to shame from every standpoint you could think of. 

and after all that 250+ for a pair of jeans that wont last me a couple of washes? no sir 

and lastly most cats who rock these only rock because when other people see the gaudy stitching they'll know they paid good money too look as foolish as they do 
Hmm. I could have sworn I saw "MADE IN USA" on the tag. 

But you're right about the pricing in comparison to other brands. 

I have personally found 575 Denim to be good quality.

you would be flat out astounded to find out how many things are made overseas that say made in usa on them. there's also alot of things made in other countries but assembled in usa which means you're still getiing same old sweatshop made nonsense 

I can't seem to get a decent wallet fade going on in my back pocket.  My wallet is pretty big but it's made of canvas.  Would switching to a leather wallet make a difference?

I just got some Hundreds denim on their 50% off sale and I have to say, not bad. I know it won't fade or whatever but I actually like the fit more then I like 501s.

Good stuff Bobby.

Self Edge Updates: Iron Heart, Flat Head, Strike Gold, RJB, Roy, Sugar Cane, & More

We're now well into 2012 and not showing any signs of slowing down. We've just received restocks and new items from a few brands with lots of new garments to look forward to this year.

Iron Heart

From Iron Heart we've received a full restock of all their jeans, belts, jackets, wallets, and bracelets. All the stores are fully stocked, get heavy with it.

Flat Head

Flat Head has sent us a full restock of all jeans including a rerun of their women's Balder jean made specifically for us. Along with these restocks we've gotten a restock of a few of their more popular shirts, belts, and a new hoodie and bracelet. The hoodie is super heavy and warm with a great pattern on the top half and the bracelet is the last leather bracelet you'll ever need.

Strike Gold!

From Strike Gold we've received the highly anticipated hoodies and a full restock of all their jeans and belts. We can barely keep these things in stock, they're making them as fast we're going through them. The hoodie is available now at SESF and online, coming to SENY and SELA on February 6th.

3sixteen

3sixteen keeps the jeans coming with a full restock of all models now available at all three Self Edge stores. SENY and SELA have models not available online or at SESF, if you'd like something you don't see in our online store feel free to call SENY, SELA, or shoot us an email.

Sugar Cane

We've gotten a full restock of all jeans from Sugar Cane including their popular 2009 fit which is a slightly slimmed down jean compared to the rest of their line-up.

Real Japan Blues

Real Japan Blues has finished a new run of the 103BSP and 106BSP jeans, these are available again at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. These are made of a new denim, the same denim found on the SEXFHXRJB15 jean, 14oz unsanforized indigo denim which ages great over time and was developed by RJB to mimic the fading characteristics on Flat Head's 3xxx denim with a slightly different feel.

ROY

We have a few sizes left of Roy's last release, his jeans continue to sell out very quickly. If you don't see your size online you may call SELA or SENY for a phone order. The next Roy release is a denim jacket, his take on a hybrid between a few classic styles, should be hitting all stores late February in very small numbers. Next jean release is March 15th with a new video we shot with Roy this week in Greensboro (North Carolina) debuting right before the jeans.

Lowside Magazine

We finally got issue 7 of Lowside Magazine back in stock for all you grease-monkeys. Get it while it lasts.

Denim school fam

I am looking for some great slevage denim that fits close to the 514s. Navy.

And recommendations?

I bought a pair of skinny guys from n&f with a size 29 waist and I literally can't button the top button... I wear a size 30 in levi's 510's.

Is there any way I can stretch out the waist?

Nudie slim jims man... great pair of jeans you can usually find from a store on the bay for a good price (below retail)

Originally Posted by BasedBieber

I bought a pair of skinny guys from n&f with a size 29 waist and I literally can't button the top button... I wear a size 30 in levi's 510's.

Do a cold soak and wear em, if it still needs to be stretched, just walk around the house with em zipped up as much as possible, it'll give way
Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

how is the quality of the levi's selvaged denim?
decent for starters, relatively cheap as well

I had no idea APC hiked up their price 
eek.gif
  if I had to spend that much, I'd just invest in a superior brand

NT denim fam, I usually stick to either Gap skinny fit or Jcrew 484 slim fits, however ican seem to find a very light washed distressed pair of jeans in a similar fit, also looking for them to be thick quality, I have a pair of 511's that are light, but not faded and very thin...not sure if that makes sense to ya....looking for something similar to what Kanye has been seen in, I rather try don't have the rips, but I'll take them if that's all I can have.

Here is what I'm looking for, just not trying to drop 1k on a pair of Balmain jeans...

kanye-west.jpg

you two might want to check the 511 premium models. much better quality for around 100 or less. lots of denim like this in the spring '12 lineup, might not be up on thier site yet, i have their catalog at my shop however and will take a look when i get the chance.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

NT denim fam, I usually stick to either Gap skinny fit or Jcrew 484 slim fits, however ican seem to find a very light washed distressed pair of jeans in a similar fit, also looking for them to be thick quality, I have a pair of 511's that are light, but not faded and very thin...not sure if that makes sense to ya....looking for something similar to what Kanye has been seen in, I rather try don't have the rips, but I'll take them if that's all I can have.
http://shop.nudiejeans.com/system/search/product.asp?id=2538&rnum=6 
Thank me later..

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Anyways, I'm looking to buy APCs again (used to have the black and indigo New Standards) but I've heard that the quality isn't the same nowadays. Can anyone comment on that?
 Also, the price increase
sick.gif
I bought them when they were $140

sick.gif
, i remember buying them for $115 @ greyone

Originally Posted by BasedBieber

Do a cold soak and wear em, if it still needs to be stretched, just walk around the house with em zipped up as much as possible, it'll give way
Will it still stretch out if I don't soak?

Back
Top Bottom