*| | Denim _ School | |*

Anyone own RRL slims? Thinking bout one of their washes

How slim are they? I can't do skinny slim

are you buying raw or washed? they're pretty slim IMO. I would compare APC new standards to the RRL Low Straights, except with a slightly lower rise. The Slim fits are about .5" to 1" slimmer in the thigh and slim through the calf. If you want a fit like N&F weird guy or APC NS, get the RRL Low straights, the slim fit may be too slim.

It's prob been answered in here but anyone have experience with the Rogue Territory SK denim in black? How comparable is the fit to a APC NS or N&F weird guy? Size suggestion on the waist? Thanks.

also have a pair of dry brown organic selvedge grim tims, and I love them. Fit is awesome, and theyre breaking in quite nicely, but ive noticed that my pair has definitely stretched a fair amount . not in the sense theyre baggy, but just loosened up a little bit (which makes them all the more comfortable
happy.gif
)
Nice-   I'm glad that you are enjoying them!  Mine have barely stretched at all in the 2 months that I have had them, but the selvage denim that they use on the Grim Tims Dry Selvage (same used on the Hank Rey and Sharp Begnt Dry Selvages), really is their top of the line.  Feels closer to 14.5 oz then 13.75 IMO.   It is a bit expensive, but ithe quality of construction makes them worth it.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to order a pair of the gap straight selvedges. Do they stretch a lot? Should I size down or get true to size?

I'm probably going to order a pair of the gap straight selvedges. Do they stretch a lot? Should I size down or get true to size?

any raw selvedge denim will stretch so always size down.. i cant stress this enough and a lot of people dont listen.. then in a few months theyre too big :lol:

i always size down 2 on all my jeans.. but atleast 1 will do

anyone got tips on ripping jeans?
if you want to make cuts like this

make a horizontal slit, then make another about an inch down from the first slit

work the fabric in between the slits to loosen it up then take a tweezer and you'll be able

to remove the individual vertical blue threads. you can make it bigger just keep moving down an inch from the last slit and make another

any raw selvedge denim will stretch so always size down.. i cant stress this enough and a lot of people dont listen.. then in a few months theyre too big :lol:

I think it's funny when people go tts on some raw jeans and a couple weeks later the waist is too big :lol:

I think it's funny when people go tts on some raw jeans and a couple weeks later the waist is too big :lol:

Well not all brands stretch. I think some people went tts on some Unbranded in here. I've had my rrl slims for over a year and I don't think they stretched any.

Well not all brands stretch. I think some people went tts on some Unbranded in here. I've had my rrl slims for over a year and I don't think they stretched any.

are they the washed ones though?

They're the raw ones.

I think i'll size down one for the gap jeans since someone posted their pair stretched an inch, inch and a half. Just hope they don't take forever to stretch.

Last edited:
Do the gap selvedge jeans come in any other fits than straight and slim, those are the only fits I can find

Do the gap selvedge jeans come in any other fits than straight and slim, those are the only fits I can find

they have them also in skinny. But I wouldnt order them online, because theyre full price where as i store you can find them in the sales rack for like 15 bucks

they have them also in skinny. But I wouldnt order them online, because theyre full price where as i store you can find them in the sales rack for like 15 bucks
Really for that cheap? Do you know how the quality is on them, don't know how good a pair of selvedge jeans for 15 bucks ca be

Really for that cheap? Do you know how the quality is on them, don't know how good a pair of selvedge jeans for 15 bucks ca be

yeah. You wont find the japanese selvedge but the norma selvedge. they have sales all the time so you add 30% off to like 30 and get it down.

as for quality, its gap. So you shouldnt expect the same quality of denim that costs 100's of dollars. I enjoy my pair, but im also not a super enthusiast. They are a little thin, so they stretch out quite nicely

When I was younger I had Gap raws and they barely stretched, if at all. My unbranded's that I had after that didn't stretch much either. Of course those are cheaper options and the higher end stuff will typically stretch.

been eyeing to get some lighter selvedge denim. Came across some PRPS "Rambler" 1 and 5 year styles, anyone have either of these two and can speak on them? 

Also for anyone looking for prps, I was in my local nord rack yesterday and they had both the rambler and barracuda raws in for $100..

been eyeing to get some lighter selvedge denim. Came across some PRPS "Rambler" 1 and 5 year styles, anyone have either of these two and can speak on them? 

Also for anyone looking for prps, I was in my local nord rack yesterday and they had both the rambler and barracuda raws in for $100..

I had the 5 year Ramblers; they are skinny slim

Has anyone tried the Supreme rigid selvage denim that is up their site?  They look nice, but I don't know how they fit.

Last edited:

any raw selvedge denim will stretch so always size down.. i cant stress this enough and a lot of people dont listen.. then in a few months theyre too big
laugh.gif

I think it's funny when people go tts on some raw jeans and a couple weeks later the waist is too big
laugh.gif
When I was younger I had Gap raws and they barely stretched, if at all. My unbranded's that I had after that didn't stretch much either. Of course those are cheaper options and the higher end stuff will typically stretch.
Tried on the Gap Selvedge jawnz before and the verdict was a no-go. Felt way too cheap in my opinion. 

I've had Petit Standards sized 28 and after about a year of wear the waist measures at 31" with little to no stretch at all in other areas besides a little in the thigh.

Last edited:
heard that as well. Been looking for some light wash selvedge as I only have darks in rotation. Not the easiest to find but those Barracudas are nice

Side note: Has anyone seen the Levis Chinos with the 3M strip, anyone got a name for them?

I dont know about right now but I've seen these at UO in the past

Back
Top Bottom