*| | Denim _ School | |*

Mannnnn.... Im going on month 3 with my APC New Standards... Long way to go... Love them though..

At first I couldn't even button the top two... WAS STRUGGLING.. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now they fit fine, I've actually lost some weight since then to. I'm just really un happy with how they stack on certain shoes I have?

Unsure of what there Is I can Do to fix that, without washing them already... Any Suggestions? I'll try and get some pics In here soon 

If you don't like the stacks just cuff em or hem them if you don't like cuffing

Last edited:
Saw a pair of light selvedge on J.Crew the other day. I've always liked their slim straight fit so I picked them up for $54 + tax and shipping. 30*32. Diggin' the fit and pink line they have. Quality is meh... Front pockets feel pretty week. They're cool though for the price I paid but def not as sturdy as the PRPS Goods & Co (their cheapest line) Barracuda that I picked up in May.

Last edited:
Are those the Wallace and Barnes jeans?

Light jeans and Wally's is a staple

Last edited:
Are those the Wallace and Barnes jeans?

Light jeans and Wally's is a staple

No just the regular jcrew slim straight in medium worn wash. They had 30% off sale items the other day. They do have a pair of the W&B joints on sale though for $186. That with 30% off wouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:
No just the regular jcrew slim straight in medium worn wash. They had 30% off sale items the other day. They do have a pair of the W&B joints on sale though for $186. That with 30% off wouldn't be too bad.

They are selvedge? They look nice

Saw a pair of light selvedge on J.Crew the other day. I've always liked their slim straight fit so I picked them up for $54 + tax and shipping. 30*32. Diggin' the fit and pink line they have. Quality is meh... Front pockets feel pretty week. They're cool though for the price I paid but def not as sturdy as the PRPS Goods & Co (their cheapest line) Barracuda that I picked up in May.

nice wally's :nthat:

Yeah selvedge. They have a pink sew line in there. Thanks. I like the fit for sure.

^Thanks. They're a pair of Padmore's. Some people don't like them because they don't have the classic Wally gum sole, but they're great for bar hopping because the sole doesn't get all beat up from collecting dirt. It's like a hard plastic/rubber sole. They're cheap and light which is cool too.

Last edited:
I love tailoring stuff now. I had some Banana Republic jeans that I've had in my closet for almost 7 years. Bought them for expensive for BR for like $150 and never could get rid of them but the denim seemed nice quality. Got it tailored professionally with the original hem and they feel like the most solid pair of jeans I have ever worn. I almost suggest to anyone just to hem jeans and get them fitted to you rather then buying a brand with a specific fit. It literally opens doors for all brands after words. Even my PRPS that I hemmed are awesome and even thought they aren't the high end PRPS jeans, they fit like a glove.

I love tailoring stuff now. I had some Banana Republic jeans that I've had in my closet for almost 7 years. Bought them for expensive for BR for like $150 and never could get rid of them but the denim seemed nice quality. Got it tailored professionally with the original hem and they feel like the most solid pair of jeans I have ever worn. I almost suggest to anyone just to hem jeans and get them fitted to you rather then buying a brand with a specific fit. It literally opens doors for all brands after words. Even my PRPS that I hemmed are awesome and even thought they aren't the high end PRPS jeans, they fit like a glove.
the only way to get a perfect fit is to have ones clothing tailored to them

I plan to have dry my selvage jeans tailored, but after the first wash.  i have few more months to go.

Last edited:
picked up a prps rambler... they are breaking in nicely. How many wears or how long until they start fading?

picked up a prps rambler... they are breaking in nicely. How many wears or how long until they start fading?

Just got a pair from the Rack. They feel nice but I'm def taking them to the tailor.

What would you guys say the length on a pair of Ramblers is? I only see the waist sizes on the tag.

Last edited:
Just got a pair from the Rack. They feel nice but I'm def taking them to the tailor.

What would you guys say the length on a pair of Ramblers is? I only see the waist sizes on the tag.

If it is the type of jeans that you always need to get hemmed, then I would think they are somewhere between 32-34. I remember looking at Energie jeans back like 10 years ago and thought it was strange that all jeans had no length sizes and then the lady there told me all jeans are meant to be tailored there and should be like a 34.

I've had a selfedge gift card for $125 going on four years now.. I look at theire online store and there isn't a single got damn thing under $150. Life this can't be.

Anyone know of any good websites that have decent prices on APCs and RagxBones?

Bought a pair of Rag x Bone Slim Straight in sz 32 and are too small. Brand new with tags, never worn, only tried on. $89 msg me!

Just got my Unbranded 221s. this heavy denim is rough at first.

had the 201 last year but stopped wearing for no apparent reason. will wear this pair into the ground

did you just have the inseam taken up, or did you have other alterations made as well?

The lady tapered the jeans so I believe this was done on the outside and no the inseam. The jeans were a bootcut before so I just needed them to fit like a straight fit and she took about an inch off the bottom as well cause I used to rock the super cuffs back in the days. Mind you this stuff wasn't totally inexpensive. It ran me almost $35 to do it and with the original hem and stitching but the jeans look absolutely flawless and you'd never know they were a different cut before.

Back
Top Bottom