*| | Denim _ School | |*

Yeah this summer,i screwed myself. Shorts season = gym, cookouts and beer. I gained a **** ton of weight and can't fit into my jeans lol looks like I'll be in the market for a new pair.

The new Self Edge * Strike Gold collab joints are very dope. Almost pulled the trigger but I just don't need a new pair.

Loving them so far.

Yeah this summer,i screwed myself. Shorts season = gym, cookouts and beer. I gained a **** ton of weight and can't fit into my jeans lol looks like I'll be in the market for a new pair.

What about losing the weight? Seems like a cheaper and better option for you. :smile:

I have jeans that I couldn't fit into for a while that now are falling of me. Feels great.

Last edited:
What about losing the weight? Seems like a cheaper and better option for you. :smile:

I have jeans that I couldn't fit into for a while that now are falling of me. Feels great.
leg day is errrday....so if i lose weight i lose my quads :frown: lol jk its just an excuse for me to grab a pair of Oni's I've been looking at

leg day is errrday....so if i lose weight i lose my quads :frown: lol jk its just an excuse for me to grab a pair of Oni's I've been looking at

haha I've lost my quads from cutting but they just have more definition. Don't worry bulking season is approaching so my jeans are gonna feel a bit more snug.

Blew a hole in my Onis after 9 months of wear a month a go... Been rocking my IH 301s since, IH quality is on another level.

What brand has the most tapered ankle..need slim/skinny with most snug ankle..recommendations?

Blew a hole in my Onis after 9 months of wear a month a go... Been rocking my IH 301s since, IH quality is on another level.

damn no way, that sucks man! i'm at 7 months and they seem to be doing alright. gonna get them fixed?

What brand has the most tapered ankle..need slim/skinny with most snug ankle..recommendations?

buy a pair that fits well in the waist and thigh and get them tapered at a tailor. that's the best way to ensure a perfect fit

I have no idea how you guys are getting denim blowouts in less than a year.

Are you wearing these super tight?

^ Drop weight or cop new jeans.

Blowouts come from super tight jeans + not washing.
lol na b. When i say weight I mean muscle. I aint givin up the gym 
pimp.gif

just ordered some rogue territory SK 14.5oz. I tried them on back in LA and they fit really well. Cant wait for them to come in.

Last edited:
damn no way, that sucks man! i'm at 7 months and they seem to be doing alright. gonna get them fixed?
Probably not any time soon... I washed them for a 3rd time and they shrunk like crazy or I gained weight that isn't showing lol... Also, I'm loving these IHs right now but they're a relaxed fit which I'm digging, leg opening is over 7 so it's definitely a change of pace from Oni

I really want to buy a denim jacket. Probably one of the recent releases from N&F (Elephant or Kevlar). Undecided on whether to order a Small or Medium.

I have a question for guys who get their jeans altered. How do you handle the length of your jeans? I took my first pair of jeans to a tailor yesterday and the experience I had doesn't give a lot of confidence that my jeans will turn out how I want them. I like to cuff or roll the legs of my jeans. The tailor took like 10 seconds to fold the excess denim under, mark where the jeans were touching the ground and said "we're done". I was kind of caught off guard and tried to explain to him how I like to wear my jeans and he was pretty much like "Yea, ok" and walked away. While I'm they will be hemmed to a good length I'm not sure it will be a good length to cuff or roll.

Anyone in here have any experience with G&G tailors on Grand St. in NYC? Heard good things about them and may want to get a pair of Acne's tailored there.

This might sound dumb, but does anyone know if Acne's in store tailoring is complementary with purchase?

^ Most in-house tailors only hem pants.

Any competent can do a clean taper job. Best to just find a local one for cheap.

I have a question for guys who get their jeans altered. How do you handle the length of your jeans? I took my first pair of jeans to a tailor yesterday and the experience I had doesn't give a lot of confidence that my jeans will turn out how I want them. I like to cuff or roll the legs of my jeans. The tailor took like 10 seconds to fold the excess denim under, mark where the jeans were touching the ground and said "we're done". I was kind of caught off guard and tried to explain to him how I like to wear my jeans and he was pretty much like "Yea, ok" and walked away. While I'm they will be hemmed to a good length I'm not sure it will be a good length to cuff or roll.

^ Go get your jeans back and find another tailor.

Yeah dude go back and get your jeans ASAP! The tailor shouldn't be doing anything you didn't ask them to do.

Anyone know where i can a get a light was denim jacket similar to this one. It's currently sold out on Mr.Porter. R13 has a nice one but it's OD expensive. I'm trying to stay under 400.

^ Most in-house tailors only hem pants.

Any competent can do a clean taper job. Best to just find a local one for cheap.

I hear you. I'll probably end up doing that. I honestly can't see Acne doing any altering services without a fee.

Thanks for the info.

^ Yeah, I imagine Acne won't taper at all.

Just spend $10 at your local tailor and tell them exactly what you want.

Yeah dude go back and get your jeans ASAP! The tailor shouldn't be doing anything you didn't ask them to do.

The worst part is that I didn't have a chance to ask him to do anything.

How much of a difference does have the selvadge seam matter?

Back
Top Bottom