*| | Denim _ School | |*

Self Edge having a 13% off sale for three days. Starts tomorrow at noon EST. 

Code: SummerSixteen

SelfEdge really can't afford to do bigger discounts.

I have no idea how they've been able to open up new stores, especially the one in middle of nowhere Mexico.

I remember the owner posting a wdyw post on sf in the Mexico store with Pharrell and no one even commented on it. Their stores do have awesome stuff but out of a lot of people's price range. I've been wanting to buy a couple of those fancy jean hangers they have.

Copped a pair of grey APC NS off of Round Two for $40. Took them in to get tailored for $20 and they fit perfect now. had them hemmed a little and taken in from the knee-down. Don't have any other grey pairs so I couldn't pass it up for the price.

SelfEdge really can't afford to do bigger discounts.

I have no idea how they've been able to open up new stores, especially the one in middle of nowhere Mexico.

Yeah, they have a bunch of stores in not very cheaper cities like LA, SF, NYC.. They must do really well, I bought my Iron Hearts from them but I won't do it again because $300 plus is too much for me right now.

Anyone with any info on "Represent Denim?" The quality? Fit? I'm a fan of the tapered fit of Embellish jeans. Are they cut more slim?

Anyone with any info on "Represent Denim?" The quality? Fit? I'm a fan of the tapered fit of Embellish jeans. Are they cut more slim?

I'm subbed to a youtuber who bought from represent and said the fit was way off from their size guide, not sure if it changed or they have fixed it

the wash on these acnes is amazing

23 IH starting to fade, I can officially say I'm the slowest fader, I've had them for 1.5 years no wash one presoak. I'll try to get detailed evo shots

Last edited:
Nice! give them a wash and get rid of all the loose indigo you'll see the fades start to come in

them shoes too [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Last edited:
 the time commitment for a decent fade is OD on selvedge/raw denim

however everytime i try to leave the selvedge life, something keeps pulling me back 

So I've owned these Banana Republic raw non selvedge jeans for probably over 15 years and wore them infrequently enough throughout that time that the jeans actually started to fade but only to a degree. I could put some more miles on them but they are really starting to smell and doing the freezer and Febreeze combo is just not working no more.

I've come to the conclusion I should just wash them finally but I had some questions first. I normally wear a size 32X32 and these things are a 31X32. Through time, I was able to expand the waist a little but it still pretty tight on me. If I wash these jeans, they are going to shrink right? So if that is the case, should I just not wash them in fear of just sizing them down and not being able to wear them? Or is shrinkage minimal depending on the jean?

So I've owned these Banana Republic raw non selvedge jeans for probably over 15 years and wore them infrequently enough throughout that time that the jeans actually started to fade but only to a degree. I could put some more miles on them but they are really starting to smell and doing the freezer and Febreeze combo is just not working no more.

I've come to the conclusion I should just wash them finally but I had some questions first. I normally wear a size 32X32 and these things are a 31X32. Through time, I was able to expand the waist a little but it still pretty tight on me. If I wash these jeans, they are going to shrink right? So if that is the case, should I just not wash them in fear of just sizing them down and not being able to wear them? Or is shrinkage minimal depending on the jean?

Bro you ain't wash your jeans in 15 years? :x

Bro you ain't wash your jeans in 15 years? :x

Granted they sat in my closet for probably half of that time. There were some years that I didn't even wear them at all but I got them tailored 4 years back and probably put in the most work since then. Seeing how I work corporate though, I wore them mostly on weekends. Collectively I'd say I've worn them 2-2 1/2 years tops but realistically, they haven't been washed at all.

Back
Top Bottom