Deshawn on Lebron - "He's overrated...and you can say I said that" & Lebron shoots back

He's probably new to the forum and needed to get that out
laugh.gif

DeShawn Stevenson playing Lebron James is like John Starks playing Michael Jordan....in other words, it aint happening!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

ALL IM SAY IS KB24!! and imma leave it at that, DS did get in his head though and they was D-ing Lebron up last when they played

Dude just had to get that off his chest. There is no way LeBron couldn't be part of a discussion without Kobe being somewhere in it.

ALL IM SAY IS KB24!!
i love this, the move where there has been a thread going on for several days and some dude just reads the thread title and automatically postssome nonsense.

This Bud's for you, Mr. Irrelevant comment maker guy

Bud0674.jpg

The wizards organization is really salty this year. First eddie jordan calls us (nuggets) classless for beating up on them and letting melo go for nearly 50and now stevenson is salty, while gilbert hates away in his blogs. Wow, I hope the wiz org never gets off the ground again.

^You all have barely made a blip on the radar since you left the ABA...simmer...

It was the fact that Melo was still chucking when the game was at hand....

anyways....

Ok some of you guys need to really calm down. Stevenson is a good player on a good team. Who cares if he calls out one of his peers. Lebron and Deshawn work together, in a business where competivenesss is alsmost a neccessity.

co-sign to this 100%....it's funny how people take offense if someone takes a "shot" at the "King." LeBron's rebuttal while funny,goes to show the pedestal he holds himself on. There will be a day when he gets humbled real quick. Deshawn is in his head, and that plays perfectly intowhenever these two teams meet again. You'd be kidding yourself if you didn't think that this is going to be a "1-on-1" when Lebron & theCavs meet up with the Wizards. Deshawn had better come to play. We all know that Lebron is a top 3 player in the league, so I don't even know why he wouldtry to respond to Stevenson's comments. Again, this plays perfectly into the Wizards favor the next time they play. I love this rivalry that is building,and this proves to be nothing more than a subplot between two up and coming teams.

roll.gif
grittyman20 wrote:

And so Lebron "responds"....

Like most NBA observers, LeBron James was tickled when he heard about DeShawn Stevenson's comments following last Thursday's Cavaliers game against the Washington Wizards.

After the Cavs' loss, Stevenson said a number of things about James, including his belief that James is overrated. It was part of the trash talking the two players were involved in during the game.

James said: "With DeShawn Stevenson, it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense."

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
GOT EM!!!!!

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

The wizards organization is really salty this year. First eddie jordan calls us (nuggets) classless for beating up on them and letting melo go for nearly 50 and now stevenson is salty, while gilbert hates away in his blogs. Wow, I hope the wiz org never gets off the ground again.

no, eddie called the nuggets out because carmelo was still shooting away when the game was at hand .and why would stevenson be salty when he was the onethat won? he not only won the 1-on-1 matchup but on top of that he won the game, so what would he be salty for? and if you really think Gilberts blogs are justhim "hating away", you don't know what you're talking about

and if you were hoping the Wizards organization never gets off the ground, its too late for that one. this aint 2001 buddy, MJ doesn't run theteam anymore, we don't have Kwame on the roster. we have become a perennial playoff team, we have 3 All-Stars on the roster, our star guard is nearly 10years younger than yours, and we have one of the best young SFs in the game except he actually plays defense. so yeah... we're pretty much already past thestage of "getting off the ground"

but i hope the Nuggets organization never gets of the g- oh, wait... i don't need to wish any more harm on a team that has won a grand total of FOURplayoff games and ZERO playoff series since 1994
roll.gif

and i actually like the Nuggets too, you made me fry them for no reason
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Real talk, I understand everybody's comments and points, but the fact of the matter is, these two teams have played each other in the playoffs the past twoseasons and Lebron squatted on the entire Wizards roster, Deshawn included. In Lebron's first playoff series ever, he got a triple double the first game,averaged 35 points, AND took Gilbert's heart in the process! Remember, "If you miss this foul shot, we're winning the game" *Tap on theheart*

Another fact is that for all of Deshawn's accomplishments as an NBA player for 8 years, the only thing he'll be remembered by is what he said aboutanother basketball player.

I mean, I'm from DC and I respect the Wizards. But they can't see the Cavs. They can't win 3 playoffs games vs them in 3 years! I mean, am I theonly one that sees this?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

good ... glad someone has the balls to speak up

Exactly....EVERYONE knows that LeBron is one of the best in the league....people treat him and his ego like his S' don't stink....people look into the "King James" part of his name too much, and are ready to anoint him as the best player the NBA has ever seen and everyone is clearly below him. Obviously, he isn't overrated....dude deserves the props he gets on the basketball court...however, I would almost guarantee that D-Steve's sentiments are common amongst MANY in the NBA. The vibe last night in the VC was something that I had never seen before. It was "almost" a playoff type of atmosphere during the regular season. The Wizards were more physical in defending Lebron than I have ever seen in all the times they have matched up over the years. I mean he got a HARD foul from Brendan Haywood in the 4th that sent him flying. Remember when "hack-a-shaq" was popular? Well, I think you are going to see people go OD on the physicality in which they defend lebron...all of this in the hopes of getting him off of his game. Whatever Stevenson did worked....you don't think these are head games being played here by Stevenson? If Lebron starts to take the next meeting as a 1-on-1 vs. Stevenson, then that would play perfectly into the Wizards plans. Getting Lebron off of the whole "team" concept is EXACTLY what they want. The Cavs are obviouly the more talented team...however, if you can get in LeBron's head, you have won the game from the jump. If LeBron is stupid, he will fall into this trap, and play into what Stevenson was saying. He knows he ain't overrated, but if is out there to prove a point while the rest of his team sits back in the cut, then it's going to be a W for the Wizards...

Nah family. As tough as it is because one thing we hate is cockiness in sports, other view Bron in a similar light to how he views himself. I'vespoken to at least 20 peeps about D Steve's comment and the common responses were "He's on crack" and "Bron is now gonna average 55, 15and 15 against him for the rest of his career" as well as "D Steve will never get another contract AGAIN because no GOOD team will sign him with Bronputting up Herculean numbers against him in potential playoff series and other meaningful games"....
Bron's response was brilliant and on point. But Deshawn, his family, the Wiz organization, and the NBA Corporate office as a whole is extremelythankful that Bron didn't drop several bombs he could have.... Very risky on D Steve's part.... I'll leave it at that....
roll.gif

Like most NBA observers, LeBron James was tickled when he heard about DeShawn Stevenson's comments following last Thursday's Cavaliers game against the Washington Wizards.

After the Cavs' loss, Stevenson said a number of things about James, including his belief that James is overrated. It was part of the trash talking the two players were involved in during the game.

James said: "With DeShawn Stevenson, it's kind of funny. It's almost like Jay-Z [responding to a negative comment] made by Soulja Boy. It doesn't make sense."

Lol, thats a good one, I mean really you got you one, now lets see it happen in the playoffs if you get there. LBJ is legit and DeShawn needs to learn tolive with that. Just like the team in my sig.

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

Exactly....EVERYONE knows that LeBron is one of the best in the league....people treat him and his ego like his S' don't stink....people look into the "King James" part of his name too much, and are ready to anoint him as the best player the NBA has ever seen and everyone is clearly below him. Obviously, he isn't overrated....dude deserves the props he gets on the basketball court...however, I would almost guarantee that D-Steve's sentiments are common amongst MANY in the NBA. The vibe last night in the VC was something that I had never seen before. It was "almost" a playoff type of atmosphere during the regular season. The Wizards were more physical in defending Lebron than I have ever seen in all the times they have matched up over the years. I mean he got a HARD foul from Brendan Haywood in the 4th that sent him flying. Remember when "hack-a-shaq" was popular? Well, I think you are going to see people go OD on the physicality in which they defend lebron...all of this in the hopes of getting him off of his game. Whatever Stevenson did worked....you don't think these are head games being played here by Stevenson? If Lebron starts to take the next meeting as a 1-on-1 vs. Stevenson, then that would play perfectly into the Wizards plans. Getting Lebron off of the whole "team" concept is EXACTLY what they want. The Cavs are obviouly the more talented team...however, if you can get in LeBron's head, you have won the game from the jump. If LeBron is stupid, he will fall into this trap, and play into what Stevenson was saying. He knows he ain't overrated, but if is out there to prove a point while the rest of his team sits back in the cut, then it's going to be a W for the Wizards...

Nah family. As tough as it is because one thing we hate is cockiness in sports, other view Bron in a similar light to how he views himself. I've spoken to at least 20 peeps about D Steve's comment and the common responses were "He's on crack" and "Bron is now gonna average 55, 15 and 15 against him for the rest of his career" as well as " Steve will never get another contract AGAIN because no GOOD team will sign him with Bron putting up Herculean numbers against him in potential playoff series and other meaningful games"....
Bron's response was brilliant and on point. But Deshawn, his family, the Wiz organization, and the NBA Corporate office as a whole is extremely thankful that Bron didn't drop several bombs he could have.... Very risky on D Steve's part.... I'll leave it at that....
roll.gif

#1 Names? I know your not talking to 20 NBA players. So if their not, then you comment holds no real validity.

#2 Do you seriously think no one is going to sign Stevenson..? YOU must be on crack.
laugh.gif

#3 Yes, LeBron did make a funny statement...but it wasn't even really original. He just really wants to be HOV.

And how is this risky on his part? What is he supposed to do..sit there any bow down to the king?

Just like the free throw situation, this isn't bad for the wiz..it's not like they have anything to lose by getting in his head.

I can clearly state Dwayne Wade is a way better player...Lebron is way overhyped and many people act like taking his team Last year with a bad team to thechampionship and getting swpet is like winning a championship..

Originally Posted by starbury03

Nah family. As tough as it is because one thing we hate is cockiness in sports, other view Bron in a similar light to how he views himself. I've spoken to at least 20 peeps about D Steve's comment and the common responses were "He's on crack" and "Bron is now gonna average 55, 15 and 15 against him for the rest of his career" as well as "
Steve will never get another contract AGAIN because no GOOD team will sign him with Bron putting up Herculean numbers against him in potential playoff series and other meaningful games"....
Bron's response was brilliant and on point. But Deshawn, his family, the Wiz organization, and the NBA Corporate office as a whole is extremely thankful that Bron didn't drop several bombs he could have.... Very risky on D Steve's part.... I'll leave it at that....
roll.gif

#1 Names? I know your not talking to 20 NBA players. So if their not, then you comment holds no real validity.

#2 Do you seriously think no one is going to sign Stevenson..? YOU must be on crack.
laugh.gif

#3 Yes, LeBron did make a funny statement...but it wasn't even really original. He just really wants to be HOV.

And how is this risky on his part? What is he supposed to do..sit there any bow down to the king?

Just like the free throw situation, this isn't bad for the wiz..it's not like they have anything to lose by getting in his head.

laugh.gif
you must not know who my boy Ididit is
tired.gif

Originally Posted by starbury03

Nah family. As tough as it is because one thing we hate is cockiness in sports, other view Bron in a similar light to how he views himself. I've spoken to at least 20 peeps about D Steve's comment and the common responses were "He's on crack" and "Bron is now gonna average 55, 15 and 15 against him for the rest of his career" as well as "
grin.gif
Steve will never get another contract AGAIN because no GOOD team will sign him with Bron putting up Herculean numbers against him in potential playoff series and other meaningful games"....
roll.gif

laugh.gif

#1 You don't KNOW anything!

#2 Do YOU read? At no point did I say I felt that would happen (but believe you me his spot is not solidified). Istate the 3 most common responses I got from HIS peers...

Finally, I was simply trying to convey that throwing stones in a glass house is dangerous... The league is VERY small and EVERYONE knows EVERYONE'Sbusiness. Especially when you attempt to take shots at a player who is very close to your FRANCHISE PLAYER..... I'll leave it at that..... Had nothing todo with anyone bowing down anyone, as I do not respect suckaz..... But be Grant Hill or someone who is squeaky clean with NO DIRT before you jump out therelike that....

^You all have barely made a blip on the radar since you left the ABA...simmer...

Oh please give it up. The wiz had lost so it didn't matter. Melo was trying to reach a milestone. I know that you guys cried that itwasn't fair, but you know whats really not fair, trying to call us out on our playoff position/wins. You guys have it easier. You can walk into theplayoffs with a losing record in your conference, but your not beating the pistons, celtics, and probably not the cavs or even the magic.

We would be all over that conference, with the wiz's reg season wins, you guys couldn't make the playoffs over here.

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

Oh please give it up. The wiz had lost so it didn't matter. Melo was trying to reach a milestone. I know that you guys cried that it wasn't fair, but you know whats really not fair, trying to call us out on our playoff position/wins. You guys have it easier. You can walk into the playoffs with a losing record in your conference, but your not beating the pistons, celtics, and probably not the cavs or even the magic.

We would be all over that conference, with the wiz's reg season wins, you guys couldn't make the playoffs over here.

whatever makes you rest easy knowing you will be swept in the 1st round...you can always resort to the ol' argument "well, if we were in the east,we would be conference champs...blah blah blah" Say that to yourself 4x after you go bye-bye in the first round this year....

I can clearly state Dwayne Wade is a way better player...Lebron is way overhyped and many people act like taking his team Last year with a bad team to the championship and getting swpet is like winning a championship..
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Dwyane Wade averages as many turnover as lebron does Assists. I even called out loud to all my friends a good 3 minutes that Dwyane Wade would Turn the ballover in the Skills Game in all star weekend.

Lebrons comment was funny. Now lets hope they play in the first round and hope lebron plays kobe in the championship.
Even though i dont like kobe and like Lebron i wouldnt mind if kobe won i just wanna see them to play eachother it would be very entertaining. I can picturethem both scoring 50 in one game. skip the pistons and celtics. I WANNA SEE LEBRON VS KOBE. ik u guys do to
pimp.gif

#1 You don't KNOW anything!

#2 Do YOU read? At no point did I say I felt that would happen (but believe you me his spot is not solidified). I state the 3 most common responses I got from HIS peers...

Finally, I was simply trying to convey that throwing stones in a glass house is dangerous... The league is VERY small and EVERYONE knows EVERYONE'S business. Especially when you attempt to take shots at a player who is very close to your FRANCHISE PLAYER..... I'll leave it at that..... Had nothing to do with anyone bowing down anyone, as I do not respect suckaz..... But be Grant Hill or someone who is squeaky clean with NO DIRT before you jump out there like that....

So that's a NO on the talking to 20 NBA players right..?

And obviously the league is small. With all the players combined it's like a small high school. I mean, he knew that everyone was going to hear thecomment. And even if him and GA are close, that doesn't mean a thing. This is a business, and he has to do what he has to do for Dsteve to grow as aplayer, and to make a name for himself. He could be gone from the wiz at anytime, he's an expendable player. That doesn't mean he should keep his mouthclosed, he should feel free to make his statements with out everyone freaking out like the CIA is going after him for treason because he stepped on thepresidents shoes. That's ridiculous. He only has one shot to make a name for himself, and I applaud him for throwing himself out there knowing thepotential repercussions.

I respect him more for doing something to add more fire to the pot, and have it explode rather than just sit there and watch it bubble.

eyes.gif
This dude never misses a chance to ride his "BigHomie"... Calm that down BRON...

whatever makes you rest easy knowing you will be swept in the 1st round...you can always resort to the ol' argument "well, if we were in the east, we would be conference champs...blah blah blah" Say that to yourself 4x after you go bye-bye in the first round this year....

laugh.gif
It's all good. Yeah we might get bumped, but you guys technicallymake the playoffs by "default". There were no other winning teams so you were next in line. It's cool though, the wiz make good paper champs.They look like high 40s low 50 win team in the east, but because Gilbert jinxed the team with that lame fake injury a couple of years back in the olympics, nowthe whole team is suffering.

Back
Top Bottom