Deshawn on Lebron - "He's overrated...and you can say I said that" & Lebron shoots back

Just because Stevenson beats him in a REGULAR season game he thinks he mean something to the NBA. Calling Lebron overrated is ridiculous, what he has donealready in his career and already this season is 100 times better than what Stevenson did his whole career and I'm not fond of Lebron either. I just hateno names who think they can say anything they want.

I can clearly state Dwayne Wade is a way better player...Lebron is way overhyped and many people act like taking his team Last year with a bad team to the championship and getting swpet is like winning a championship..
im one of the biggest heat/wade fans on this board and even I know he is not better than Lebron

If he regains his 2006 form and a consistent 3 point shot, then he can be considered up there with Kobe and Lebron

Originally Posted by WILLINC

I can clearly state Dwayne Wade is a way better player...Lebron is way overhyped and many people act like taking his team Last year with a bad team to the championship and getting swpet is like winning a championship..
im one of the biggest heat/wade fans on this board and even I know he is not better than Lebron

If he regains his 2006 form and a consistent 3 point shot, then he can be considered up there with Kobe and Lebron

how is he not better??

Dwayne wade is young and can play hurt we seen that happen this year and better healthy

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

good ... glad someone has the balls to speak up

Exactly....EVERYONE knows that LeBron is one of the best in the league....people treat him and his ego like his S' don't stink....people look into the "King James" part of his name too much, and are ready to anoint him as the best player the NBA has ever seen and everyone is clearly below him. Obviously, he isn't overrated....dude deserves the props he gets on the basketball court...however, I would almost guarantee that D-Steve's sentiments are common amongst MANY in the NBA. The vibe last night in the VC was something that I had never seen before. It was "almost" a playoff type of atmosphere during the regular season. The Wizards were more physical in defending Lebron than I have ever seen in all the times they have matched up over the years. I mean he got a HARD foul from Brendan Haywood in the 4th that sent him flying. Remember when "hack-a-shaq" was popular? Well, I think you are going to see people go OD on the physicality in which they defend lebron...all of this in the hopes of getting him off of his game. Whatever Stevenson did worked....you don't think these are head games being played here by Stevenson? If Lebron starts to take the next meeting as a 1-on-1 vs. Stevenson, then that would play perfectly into the Wizards plans. Getting Lebron off of the whole "team" concept is EXACTLY what they want. The Cavs are obviouly the more talented team...however, if you can get in LeBron's head, you have won the game from the jump. If LeBron is stupid, he will fall into this trap, and play into what Stevenson was saying. He knows he ain't overrated, but if is out there to prove a point while the rest of his team sits back in the cut, then it's going to be a W for the Wizards...

Nah family. As tough as it is because one thing we hate is cockiness in sports, other view Bron in a similar light to how he views himself. I've spoken to at least 20 peeps about D Steve's comment and the common responses were "He's on crack" and "Bron is now gonna average 55, 15 and 15 against him for the rest of his career" as well as "D Steve will never get another contract AGAIN because no GOOD team will sign him with Bron putting up Herculean numbers against him in potential playoff series and other meaningful games"....
Bron's response was brilliant and on point. But Deshawn, his family, the Wiz organization, and the NBA Corporate office as a whole is extremely thankful that Bron didn't drop several bombs he could have.... Very risky on D Steve's part.... I'll leave it at that....
roll.gif

But if you're LeBron WHY EVEN RESPOND TO STEVENSON? To me, this shows that Stevenson is obviously in his head. There isn't a soul on this planetwho would think that Stevenson has any skill set that is in the ballpark of what LeBron brings to the table each and every night. We're talking about atop 3 player in the NBA who is ONLY 23 years old. Overrated? No....no one in their right mind should think that. This is a guy who could potentially AVERAGEa triple double on the season somewhere down the line. 30/12/10 is not out of the question when talking about Lebron. I think him responding just shows hisage more than anything. Deshawn Stevenson ain't no scrub, but there is no way he is even mentioned in the same conversation with Lebron unless he makes anoff the wall comment. The fact that Lebron even replied shows that the next meeting will turn into a 1-on-1 more than anything. If Lebron can get out of thewhole "team concept" and play out of his normal game JUST to make a point, then the Wizards will take that. I just hope there is some way that thesetwo can meet up in the playoffs.

*just a quick question....when Ruben Patterson called himself the "Kobe Stopper," did Kobe have a rebuttal to the press, or did he not sayanything and let his play do the talking the next time they met up?

Lol...I don't know why you insist on convincing yourself that DeShawn is his head. You keep talking about him getting out of the "team concept".How many times have we seen him win games SINGLE handedly before...he's one of those few players that CAN go out there with a vendetta and still beat you.He's going to cook Stevenson...whenever they meet up.

As for the Kobe Stopper...it was never a point where he had to respond to Ruben. They were friends and teammates...it was more of joke that the media took andran with.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Lol...I don't know why you insist on convincing yourself that DeShawn is his head. You keep talking about him getting out of the "team concept". How many times have we seen him win games SINGLE handedly before...he's one of those few players that CAN go out there with a vendetta and still beat you. He's going to cook Stevenson...whenever they meet up.

As for the Kobe Stopper...it was never a point where he had to respond to Ruben. They were friends and teammates...it was more of joke that the media took and ran with.

Then why respond with a corny analogy? Obviously Stevenson IS in Lebron's head, otherwise this would have been swept under the rug. Who exactly doesLebron have a vendetta against? What player in the NBA has flat out said Lebron is overrated? I can't think of anyone who has stepped to the"King" in his time in the league. I think this makes for great basketball....I've said it before, but the NBA needs this. I have no doubt thatLebron will go off on Stevenson....however, if he gets his 50 points and L, I think that the Wizards would take it. Would LeBron be happy with the moralvictory in that he proved Deshawn Stevenson....yes, DESHAWN STEVENSON wrong? C'mon now...LeBron is too good a player to be even entertaining the thoughtof what Stevenson said after the Wizards won last week.

Originally Posted by Goodfellaz86

Lebron must be thinkin about DeShawn if he replies back to him a week later almost
laugh.gif
Stevenson made the comment on the 14th...Bron responded on the17th. Almost a week later huh?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Lol...I don't know why you insist on convincing yourself that DeShawn is his head. You keep talking about him getting out of the "team concept". How many times have we seen him win games SINGLE handedly before...he's one of those few players that CAN go out there with a vendetta and still beat you. He's going to cook Stevenson...whenever they meet up.

As for the Kobe Stopper...it was never a point where he had to respond to Ruben. They were friends and teammates...it was more of joke that the media took and ran with.

Then why respond with a corny analogy? Obviously Stevenson IS in Lebron's head, otherwise this would have been swept under the rug. Who exactly does Lebron have a vendetta against? What player in the NBA has flat out said Lebron is overrated? I can't think of anyone who has stepped to the "King" in his time in the league. I think this makes for great basketball....I've said it before, but the NBA needs this. I have no doubt that Lebron will go off on Stevenson....however, if he gets his 50 points and L, I think that the Wizards would take it. Would LeBron be happy with the moral victory in that he proved Deshawn Stevenson....yes, DESHAWN STEVENSON wrong? C'mon now...LeBron is too good a player to be even entertaining the thought of what Stevenson said after the Wizards won last week.
LeBron said that RESPONDING DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

His analogy was in reference to responding, not directly about Stevenson. Its not likeLeBron said anything about Stevenson's game, his personal life...etc

Originally Posted by theguz07

how is he not better??

Dwayne wade is young and can play hurt we seen that happen this year and better healthy

eyes.gif
Yeah because LBJ is such an old guy... he only has a few more yearsleft in the league... fam is 23, son...
laugh.gif

Dont feel like reading the rest of the post but I hope someone is reminded about the last time Cleveland played them at home and Deshawn Stevenson threw theball over the basket at the buzzer, on attempted lay up.

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by theguz07

how is he not better??

eyes.gif
Yeah because LBJ is such an old guy... he only has a few more years left in the league... fam is 23, son...
laugh.gif

did i say LBJ is an old guy..no i stated crealry that Dwayne Wade is young

Like my main man skip bayless would say "He's Way Overrated" No post game, no jumper off the dribble, horrible jump shooter period( flashes dontaccount for 22 years but it can improve with practice) not to mention he isnt a good defender. And his style of play isnt complementing to alot of players inthe NBA so for someone that cries about needing help he has to change his game up. Lebron is the best slasher in the game i admit but with that style of playhe has to have teammates that do nothing but stand around and wait for a spot up shot. With that being said he wouldnt mess with an odom, kidd, nash, Iverson,etc

Back
Top Bottom