Despite the hype Soul Calibur IV remains way better than Street Fighter IV

Playing Street Fighter IV, I thought i was going to forget about Soul Calibur for a minute, but I still popping it back in the PS3

The last capcom game i was heavy into was Capcom Vs Snk 2.

• This in comparison just seems unbalanced as hell.
  • The gameplay is slow.
  • People that have to charge their moves (Guile, M. Bison) have a horrible disadvantage from the Shadoken motion players.
  • The combo system just seems a bit limited, still seeing the old jump kick and low sweep makes me go enhhh...
Soul Calibur's fighting system has way more complexities and freedom of chaining attacks. Way more variety and the whole fighting system just feels right. A Kilik is way different from a Maxi is way different from a Yoshimitsu. The amount of different throws, attacks (down back and punch is different from downforward and punch) just gives this way more replay value.

The only thing that is better with SF IV is the online gameplay. The Soul Calibur lags like crazy at times.

PS3 game tag is Mesaisah by the way.

malarky!!!

i wasn't really into soul calibur iv. got it for free then sold it for $30 lol.

idk why, but i just love SF sooo much more. maybe the simplicity and the part that it was a part of my childhood.

Soul Calibur series FTW!!!

pimp.gif

i'll agree if i can get a sais tee.
other wise naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. SC II was great though.

I didn't think Soul Calibur was all that either. Listen this is coming from a stone cold Street Fighter fan, but if you give Soul Calibur a chanceyou'll see, it's more fun. I never was a fan of 3d fighters either.

they are completely different in terms of content
SC4 has customization, weapons, changeable player abilities........
So SC4 would be a bit funner than SF4 because it has more to it than just fighting

SF4>SC4
I like and enjoy both.......
Ranked games online are not fun on SC4 btw..... Kilik and that long range 8-hit poke.... no fun

I'm a big fan of SCIV and i'll be the first to tell you SF4 > SCIV. I had a win rate of about 85% on Soul Calibur whereas my winrate on SF is likeless than 30%
laugh.gif
. Real talk though, Street Fighter is better than Soul Calibur.

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

Playing Street Fighter IV, I thought i was going to forget about Soul Calibur for a minute, but I still popping it back in the PS3

The last capcom game i was heavy into was Capcom Vs Snk 2.

• This in comparison just seems unbalanced as hell.
  • The gameplay is slow.
  • People that have to charge their moves (Guile, M. Bison) have a horrible disadvantage from the Shadoken motion players.
  • The combo system just seems a bit limited, still seeing the old jump kick and low sweep makes me go enhhh...
Soul Calibur's fighting system has way more complexities and freedom of chaining attacks. Way more variety and the whole fighting system just feels right. A Kilik is way different from a Maxi is way different from a Yoshimitsu. The amount of different throws, attacks (down back and punch is different from down forward and punch) just gives this way more replay value.

The only thing that is better with SF IV is the online gameplay. The Soul Calibur lags like crazy at times.

PS3 game tag is Mesaisah by the way.
87651265_30ae77ffea.jpg

Duh. Street Fight IV is the epitome of button masher fighting games.

Soul Calibur and it's cousin Tekken have multiple stances and fighting styles for each character. This adds a dimension of depth that Street Fighter 4players can't even fathom. Dudes pick up the controller and get eaten alive. Whereas you can master Street Fighter 4 in a day.

The thing that irks me the most about street fighter 4 is the game mechanics just don't seem as smooth as the Namco figther games. Also, the game is veryX-Y plane oriented. You can't do anything in the Z-direction whereas in Tekken and Soul Calibur you can fight in any direction.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Soul Calibur and it's cousin Tekken have multiple stances and fighting styles for each character. This adds a dimension of depth that Street Fighter 4 players can't even fathom. Dudes pick up the controller and get eaten alive. Whereas you can master Street Fighter 4 in a day.

The thing that irks me the most about street fighter 4 is the game mechanics just don't seem as smooth as the Namco figther games. Also, the game is very X-Y plane oriented. You can't do anything in the Z-direction whereas in Tekken and Soul Calibur you can fight in any direction.
i dont see street fighter being a button masher game..

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Soul Calibur and it's cousin Tekken have multiple stances and fighting styles for each character. This adds a dimension of depth that Street Fighter 4 players can't even fathom. Dudes pick up the controller and get eaten alive. Whereas you can master Street Fighter 4 in a day.

The thing that irks me the most about street fighter 4 is the game mechanics just don't seem as smooth as the Namco figther games. Also, the game is very X-Y plane oriented. You can't do anything in the Z-direction whereas in Tekken and Soul Calibur you can fight in any direction.

Master Street Fighter 4 in a day?...Frame counts, juggles, Focus attack cancel combos, glitches, and dozens of players styles...in a day?...word?

Adding a dimension that SF players can't fathom?...Like we can't all go play Tekken and Soul Caliber and experience this "mystic dimension"if we choose to?

You sound like a clown.

3d games are still on a 2d plane except for split second at time.

Where are these multiple stances you speak off with a Player like Paul Phoenix?

Come on fam. Cut it out. Tekken has a more immersive and complex fighting system than Street Fighter but at their core, fighting games have the same dammechanics. Hit first, stay out of range, parry/counters, and effective blocking.

Wether you like Street Fighters projectile dominated gameplay of Tekkens extensive move/combo list is a matter of choice.

The more I play SFIV the more I'm starting to feel the same. I like SFIV and I'm a huge SF fan in general but I just feel so damn limited. Soul Caliburand Tekken I don't feel that limitation. I really wish they would do a MvC3...that's what I really need in my life.

Back
Top Bottom