Did/Will you preorder Destiny

• Yes

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Still on the fence

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
This is a game based on light level and the gear you receive partially on the time you invest. If you want just a pick em up shooter you have CoD and battlefield. This is a different type of game.

By catering to the casuals they screwed D2 up and now are doing a whole reset. Let that sink in for a minute. Casuals are the first to drop the game. The ones who raid consistently, do trials consistently, farm for a specific gun, etc. Are the ones who had D1 the success it became. We were the ones who were thrown under the bus and bungie realized that. Sorry but it’s a game of grinding and if you can’t do it then you can’t expect to be equal.

This is a game based on light level and the gear you receive partially on the time you invest. If you want just a pick em up shooter you have CoD and battlefield. This is a different type of game.

By catering to the casuals they screwed D2 up and now are doing a whole reset. Let that sink in for a minute. Casuals are the first to drop the game. The ones who raid consistently, do trials consistently, farm for a specific gun, etc. Are the ones who had D1 the success it became. We were the ones who were thrown under the bus and bungie realized that. Sorry but it’s a game of grinding and if you can’t do it then you can’t expect to be equal.
Lol bruh, I nearly raid 9 times a week I know about the time investment the game requires, there's no need to be condescending. My point was that "rewarding" that investment with a damage bonus to an under-leveled opponent and giving a damage reduction to them is a terrible way of doing it. It makes them less likely to play the game, especially if they have a small amount of time to play a week. Plus, I've known since destiny 1 that us hardcores are a tiny portion of the games population, there's a reason why they completely changed direction in the end at the launch of D2, because casuals bring in the money and they buy the MT's that Tess sells.

They want player retention and not just from a specific portion but of the population, I agree that D2, in the beginning, went too far towards the casual side, same way D1, in the beginning, was too far towards the hardcore side.

D1 wasn’t even for the hardcore it was just released as a half assed product. Same with D2.

Problem with your logic is that without the D1 hardcore there wouldn’t be a D2. It’s the hardcore players that showed high player retention because we were working towards something.

Didn't really enjoy the war mind dlc. Probably because I hate the hive.

Hopefully the fall DLC doesn't disappoint.

D1 wasn’t even for the hardcore it was just released as a half assed product. Same with D2.

Problem with your logic is that without the D1 hardcore there wouldn’t be a D2. It’s the hardcore players that showed high player retention because we were working towards something.
D1 being a alfh assed unpolished game doesn't mean that it wasn't geared for players with a lot of time on their hands. And my logic is still sound, bungie's goal is player retention, they went too far in both directions for D1 and D2, how hard is this to understand?

D1 at the same time as d2 right now> D2

That's 'cuz D1 at this time had more-to-do and more "incentivized" activities.

At this point of their lifecycle, D1 introduced Prison of Elders..........which had some great endgame LL gear as a reward.

Not to mention they introduced that "spheric light thing" (I forgot what it was called), which helped the progression process to stray away from the "Forever 29s, Forever 31s), and it basically became the blueprint for the "infusion gear" system we have today.

And oh yeah, Iron Banner was still an "end-game activity"

Reactions: Ube
That's 'cuz D1 at this time had more-to-do and more "incentivized" activities.

At this point of their lifecycle, D1 introduced Prison of Elders..........which had some great endgame LL gear as a reward.

Not to mention they introduced that "spheric light thing" (I forgot what it was called), which helped the progression process to stray away from the "Forever 29s, Forever 31s), and it basically became the blueprint for the "infusion gear" system we have today.

And oh yeah, Iron Banner was still an "end-game activity"
POE was my ish mane. Met so many kool as people running those. They really need to bring that back asap.

Iron banner in D2 is a joke. Loot means nothing expect looks cool. Maps suck and are too small for 6v6. I swear i kill somebody promptly get gunned down from behind. I love d2 pvp but the team shot meta gotta go asap.

Oh and BUNGIE BRING BACK F'IN SPARROW RACING!!!!!!!!!

Didn't really enjoy the war mind dlc. Probably because I hate the hive.

Hopefully the fall DLC doesn't disappoint.

I am just tired of the Hive and Cabal at this point

Speculation is that the fall DLC will be Fallen-centric and take place in The Reef

I really hope they follow up on the friendly Fallen captain from that Titan mission

I am just tired of the Hive and Cabal at this point

Speculation is that the fall DLC will be Fallen-centric and take place in The Reef

I really hope they follow up on the friendly Fallen captain from that Titan mission
Naw we need a brand new enemy type. Tired reskins and tweaks to existing enemies.

This old school graph is a brief reminder of where Bungie has failed with D2 to this point

ORdH3CF.jpg

So many options to grind...........so many of them

Yet with D2, we're restricted to Raids, Trials and those "Powerful Engram" milestones in-between.

The September "Comet" expansion better solve this, along with that ****ty dual primary weapon load-out which is the main cause of the stale PvP Crucible "team shot meta" gameplay (watch how the TTK will look once you give players the option to have shotties/snipers alongside rockets and primaries again)

This old school graph is a brief reminder of where Bungie has failed with D2 to this point

ORdH3CF.jpg

So many options to grind...........so many of them

Yet with D2, we're restricted to Raids, Trials and those "Powerful Engram" milestones in-between.

The September "Comet" expansion better solve this, along with that ****ty dual primary weapon load-out which is the main cause of the stale PvP Crucible "team shot meta" gameplay (watch how the TTK will look once you give players the option to have shotties/snipers alongside rockets and primaries again)

Strange that you posted this chart the other day since today's update seems to suggest that they're headed back to that type of progression system

Heroic strikes now have a chance of dropping high power gear that can get you to 360 (365 with mods)

I haven't had issues with the team shot in PvP in quite a few months, sans Trials which was pretty unplayable the last time I did it.

I haven't had issues with the team shot in PvP in quite a few months, sans Trials which was pretty unplayable the last time I did it.

After playing Iron Banner last week and the previous 2 Iron Banners, I do honestly believe you. I don't think the team shot meta is as dominant anymore in D2 PvP as it was in beginning, but that is because it was replaced with something even worse.

Remember how some folk use to ***** about the Sniper/Shotgun metas dominating Destiny 1 from Vanilla until the "Age of Triumph" nerf?

Well, it appears that is what we are seeing now since the last 2-3 sandbox updates............a return to "that meta," except replace sniper/shotties with ALL POWER WEAPONS in general.

With that first sandbox update that BUFFED UP the spawn rate of POWER AMMO ultra-quick levels, D2 Crucible has turned into the "find the POWER AMMO Crate" meta........and you win.

Even Mtashed has pointed this out in his new video today

So yeah, teamshot meta isn't our problem anymore..........it is now the POWER AMMO meta, and I believe biggie62 biggie62 warned everyone in the thread about this a long time ago when that update was first made.

Back
Top Bottom