Did/Will you preorder Destiny

• Yes

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Still on the fence

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
That's probably the only gun right now that won't be "infused" into a Year 2 weapon..........unless a better hand cannon otherwise.

If there is a better auto rifle with more superior (random) perks from the Y2 loot pool that drops, my Scathelocke and/or Uriel's Gift are #RIP

True, but just remember when VOG weapons weren't being upgraded in Destiny 1 and how people were upset but it ended up still working out.

True, but just remember when VOG weapons weren't being upgraded in Destiny 1 and how people were upset but it ended up still working out.

Yeah i remember that backlash very well, and it took until Y3 to fix it (they brought everything back in Y3).

The only difference between then and this time around, they Y1 weapons will still be a part of the active loot pool in Y2, and they'll drop at the appropriate light/power levels like the Y2 loot will. So the backlash will not be as bad as D1 in that perspective, there won't be a "downgrade nerf" of power for Y1 weapons.

That's probably the only gun right now that won't be "infused" into a Year 2 weapon..........unless a better hand cannon otherwise.

If there is a better auto rifle with more superior (random) perks from the Y2 loot pool that drops, my Scathelocke and/or Uriel's Gift are #RIP
Positive Outlook >

I think a lot of questionable decisions that were made for this game (fixed rolls, double primaries, "casual-fied" Trials & Iron Bananas, etc.) were made for the PC audience more so than the core Destiny audience, as the overall D2 experience is completely nerfed across the board on console BUT is "manageable" on PC down to the framerate.

It is nice seeing them change their ways by "giving back" all the things they took away from the sandbox in the new September update, but catering to the PC audience was a mistake AND it affected gameplay BIG TIME.

The game looks incredible on PC even during a "high animation scenario," but you're completely lag-****ed on a console.

I feel like they catered to the D1 vocal minority who got shotguns, snipers, and special nerfed. The people who complained about endgame being inaccessible because of the amount of players required, but wouldn't try using an LFG. So they neutered the experience. Took out the scary shotguns and snipers, removed reforging and random rolls, made it possible to get max light through public events (one of the worst things), and took light level out of IB so Raidless Ronnie wouldn't feel underpowered and left out.

I've seen other MP games die off because of their community message boards. Nowadays there's even more ways to complain talk to devs. Social media, forums, Reddit, or those pretentious YouTube thesis'. They just sucked all the fun out of the game. There were definitely broken/overpowered/unbalanced weapons, but I'd take that 10/10 times over what Destiny is today.

This guy Datto :rolleyes

On Youtube advocating for Bungie to leave Y1 weapons behind at their current light level

After playing Fortnite on PC the last few days, I'm deeply considering trading in my PS4 copy of Destiny 2 for the PC version of Destiny 2 with all the DLC and the Forsaken Expansion..............PC gameplay from Fortnite has re-opened a new door for me in terms of shooter games.

Even though there are less of you folk on PC........I'm tempted to jump over to the PC version to experience that good "bloomless" shooting mechanics

Black Spindle hidden quest has been found

The gun is called "Whisper of The Worm" now

I got to the end of the jumping puzzle but it's on a 20 minute timer and I ran out of time

Easy as long as you can get 3 people in the first room full of adds with 12-10 minutes. I suggest crucible HC, graviton/Polaris, and ikelos sniper.

I was able to get to the second ad room by myself with 4 minutes left so it shouldn't be an issue to complete it with a fireteam

I was watching youtubers over the weekend soloing the black spindle quest :wow:

It looks murder and a pain... I remember the struggle to get it in Destiny 1 with snipe and fleece :smh:

It’s easy once the jumping puzzle is figured out. Then again you also need competent players with the right loadout and trust that they will perform. I was semi carried when I LFGed (jumping puzzle is harder with the Titan and the hunter IMO) it but when I did normal and then heroic with wright and zero we were in there doing work as a team. Now just two more weeks to get catalyst and ship completed.

So biggie62 biggie62 , is it worth putting money to get back into this game OR should I wait until the September update before I jump back in?

(stopped playing this game completely when DLC 2 launched, I didn't want to put money in to "play catch-up" with everyone WHILE the game was still trying to fix itself)

Going for the spindle Friday

Haven't been able to play much with work lately. Still only at light 262

Man that's crazy that Warlocks are best for the jumping puzzle.

The dude who I saw soloing it both were Titan and Hunter and said with a Warlock the jumping puzzle would be hard.

Also, MajinZuub MajinZuub I think it was said 385 light is what's recommended.

Sorry if I'm out the loop though I haven't bought any DLC's or kept up with things since the Vanilla drop.

Funny seems to be going the same way D1 went I had vanilla and stopped after I finished the campaign and didn't come back until Taken King.

Sorry if I'm out the loop though I haven't bought any DLC's or kept up with things since the Vanilla drop.

Funny seems to be going the same way D1 went I had vanilla and stopped after I finished the campaign and didn't come back until Taken King.

Same boat as you, my man. Granted, I do keep up with D2 news at the very least........and I'm still subscribed to a few Destiny YouTubers to help with that (Datto).

Except I was different during the D1 days, I actually kept up with the DLCs all the way up to Taken King. Although back then, Bungie did a better job of taking community feedback and implementing it appropriately (that's how we ended up with the great PvP meta during House of Wolves).

Bungie has been busy experimenting and fooling around trying to "appease" to lazy casuals while trying to retain gunplay feel that they ended up alienating what made the original Destiny great in the first place, and it was only now that they've finally begun to start to listen to community feedback again. Then again, it also helps that Bungie hired people from the Destiny community to help reintegrate community feedback into improving D2.

I'm starting to get interested in D2 again, primarily b/c we're a month and a half away from the "Forsaken" expansion that will include the new September update that will "bring back" the things we loved from D1.........and b/c Destiny YouTubers are starting to give some positive feedback on a few of the recent smaller patch updates lately.

I mean there’s stuff to grind for and crucible is more fun. I saw dlcs are on discount so might as well. Summer event starts next Tuesday too.

I mean there’s stuff to grind for and crucible is more fun. I saw dlcs are on discount so might as well. Summer event starts next Tuesday too.

DLC Pass is still $20, huh? I guess they kept that discount going on still........since they said it was going to be a limited time only.

NTD fam, I canceled my Forsaken preorder (at least for now). After 4 years of Destiny I'm feeling burnt out on the game, even the whisper of the worm quest and the prestige lairs just left me unsatisfied, I don't think I got it in me anymore.

NTD fam, I canceled my Forsaken preorder (at least for now). After 4 years of Destiny I'm feeling burnt out on the game, even the whisper of the worm quest and the prestige lairs just left me unsatisfied, I don't think I got it in me anymore.
Yup im done with destiny. Matter of fact im done with online loot based shooters. I cant do the grind no more. Plus bungie taking stuff out of D2 that was in D1 and repackaging it like its some new feature is trash. I cant support it no more. Ill stick to my single player games get my 100-200 hr experience then move on.

Pretty sad that making 6v6 permanent in Quickplay is considered a "new feature" EVEN THOUGH it should have never left Destiny in the first place............same can be said about the return of "RNG rolls" for weapons.

Only actual new feature will probably the upcoming weapon loadout system, which is basically based off the complaints of "removing" the Primary, Special, and Heavy weapon system in the first place.

:smh:

Yup im done with destiny. Matter of fact im done with online loot based shooters. I cant do the grind no more. Plus bungie taking stuff out of D2 that was in D1 and repackaging it like its some new feature is trash. I cant support it no more. Ill stick to my single player games get my 100-200 hr experience then move on.
Only thing I'ma miss is the lore and that smooth gunplay, shooting on console never felt so good.

Back
Top Bottom