Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

is there any news of a patch tomorrow?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

lowkey hoping there won't be one...yet
Agreed, if you get a Hard save don't finish it out. Let the rest of us get it
smokin.gif

I need to get in there and leave like the bandits that Based and Wright did last week.
i'll def let you know once i get that checkpoint so we all can flourish
smokin.gif
:smokin
I'll ask my boy again for the checkpoint... But I think we can all get there and get through hard mode without it.

If you don't play normal first, then everything is double drops.

But defending the confluxes on hard is ridiculous :smh:

So I usually try to get the oracles checkpoint

Well, there is the strat where everyone stays up top minus 2 people downstairs to get the blind oracle. Everyone else is upstairs with an icebreaker and Scout Rifles.

Oracles is the easy part. My team actually did it by having one dude sit in spirit bloom cave while 5 of us were up top.

Two of us played the left and dropped anything that popped up left side and middle.

3 people on the right dropped right side oracles and occasionally the oracle near spirit bloom cave, you can see it barely from a certain angle, and if we couldn't drop it the dude from the spirit bloom cave would come out and hit it.

was pissed i could not get enough strange coins to buy suros before homie left, but ended up getting it last night in the raid :smokin

I was debating on getting that Suros too, but I've been had that Vision of Confluence and already starting upgrading.  
pimp.gif

Agreed, if you get a Hard save don't finish it out. Let the rest of us get it
smokin.gif

I need to get in there and leave like the bandits that Based and Wright did last week.
Maxed my Vision on Confluence out last night and my Praeydeth's Revenge and Hezend Vengence have the last damage upgrades unlocked as well
nthat.gif

Just debating on what I want/should upgrade with my energy next. Should I use it on 1 of those said weapons for the raid, use it on maxing the Vex, max out the 77 Wizard, hope that I get the Gjallahorn tomorrow after reset from the nightfall or from Xur this week coming, use it on Icebreaker, or just save them?

I need that scooter to drop  too so I don't waste my marks on buying one and so I can keep up with you on public events
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I really debated buying the Suros, but I really wasn't bothered about having another exotic primary.

I really want the Gjallahorn and I probably would run the Vision of Conf., 77 wizard, & Gjallahorn and my main setup for everything.

Maxed my Vision on Confluence out last night and my Praeydeth's Revenge and Hezend Vengence have the last damage upgrades unlocked as well :nthat: .

Just debating on what I want/should upgrade with my energy next. Should I use it on 1 of those said weapons for the raid, use it on maxing the Vex, max out the 77 Wizard, hope that I get the Gjallahorn tomorrow after reset from the nightfall or from Xur this week coming, use it on Icebreaker, or just save them?

I need that scooter to drop  too so I don't waste my marks on buying one and so I can keep up with you on public events :lol: .

I'd def upgrade the VoC or/and icebreaker first.

So with the new Iron Banner theres going to be level 30 gear !!

Great news for me since I never can get raid gear and would be stuck here at lvl 29

I thought Iron Banner would be crazy.  Like in the Beta when you see the dudes in the caves with "???"  I thought a low level wouldn't even break the shields of higher level dudes, but i was mistaken.

Level 30 gear sounds awesome, probably need IB rank 4-5 though, and i never got past rank 2 in the first IB event.

So PS Software 2.0 goes live tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't break destiny.

Last edited:
I'd def upgrade the VoC or/and icebreaker first.
VoC is already 300, now it is what do I take next.

The thing is, I only use the IceBreaker in weekly/nightfalls with you guys. In VoG I am running with the 77 Wizard, and in Crucible I use The Comedian.

IceBreaker already is past the IceBreaker perk, so I guess I could at least finish unlocking the last damage upgrades to have them ready. I want to unlock everything on the Vex too though for when they re-buff it at least for PvE.

I don't know what to do
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I agree with @Zero23 though....We have enough level 29s to where we should be able to start doing hard/heroic mode VoG runs now instead of normal runs.

Granted, we do need to get our transitions down and be little cleaner at times during our runs, but I think we should be able to at least to get to the door of Atheon on hard.

I agree with @Zero23
though....We have enough level 29s to where we should be able to start doing hard/heroic mode VoG runs now instead of normal runs.

Granted, we do need to get our transitions down and be little cleaner at times during our runs, but I think we should be able to at least to get to the door of Atheon on hard.
i'll stick with normal until im 30. weapons take a 30% dip in hard mode if you arent lvl 30. i learned that with my lvl 10 warlock

I agree with @Zero23
though....We have enough level 29s to where we should be able to start doing hard/heroic mode VoG runs now instead of normal runs.

The gatekeeper would be a bit tricky, especially the left side (mars right?) where the Minotaurs are. And You're right about maxing out the Fusion rifle. I have 2 void ones and I don't know which one I want to max out. One has longer range but only holds 5 charges along with Ceramic Jacked rounds perk. The other has slightly less range but holds 6 and has overpenetrating.

Last edited:

I agree with @Zero23 though....We have enough level 29s to where we should be able to start doing hard/heroic mode VoG runs now instead of normal runs.

Literally it's:

Open up Spire (stupid easy)

Jump down and defend first conflux in the middle

Hide in Spirit Bloom Cave while Legions spawn

Jump down and defend left and right conflux

Jump down and defend all three conflux (this will be hardest of all conflux encounters part IMO)

Oracle phase spawns then we Wipe

One person jump down and spawn oracle phase while other 5 shoot oracles from up top with scout rifles and snipers. (Ace93 method)

Templar phase:

2 methods: Same person who jumped down to spawn oracle phase will be relic holder stays down and other 5 pick off templar from up top. Relic holder breaks oracles and kills adds then takes shields down on templar. Once shields are down all 5 up top rain down the thunder. Rinse Repeat till death.

OR

Everyone jump down and we cheese Templar with grenades off the ledge. 

Then happy jumping down the cave to the chest and Gorgon Labrynth. Seems like you just have to go around the loop before the right shortcut that we normally take.

Jumping Maze and enter the Vault of Glass

Clear room of adds and present gatekeeper

Then portal gatekeepers (this will be TOUGH)

Defend central conflux

Atheon. Either Legit or Cheese.

We do it on normal fairly consistent nowadays anyway so I think we could at least make a much better attempt at it on hard. Level 29+ and Fully upgraded weapons only. We should be able to at least get to the gatekeeper without too much of a hitch.

Last edited:
The gatekeeper would be a bit tricky, especially the left side (mars right?) where the Minotaurs are. And You're right about maxing out the Fusion rifle. I have 2 void ones and I don't know which one I want to max out. One has longer range but only holds 5 charges along with Ceramic Jacked rounds perk. The other has slightly less range but holds 6 and has overpenetrating.
Whichever one you use, we need to give the other one to @Zero23 so he can stop using his blue one
roll.gif

Yea the gatekeepers would be interesting as well, but I think with the right team, it can be done.

Since I am trying to be raid friendly more than anything, I am going to use my energy on the 77 Wizard. Too bad the Plan C wasn't void. I would be leveling that up with the quickness if it was. I never snipe in VoG, so I am not pressed about using it on Praeydeth. Although, I am liking Hezend and the mini-Gajallahorn effect that it has.

I know as soon as I use all my energy, I am going to get something else that I would rather have spent it on too
laugh.gif

i'll stick with normal until im 30. weapons take a 30% dip in hard mode if you arent lvl 30. i learned that with my lvl 10 warlock
The issue with that is, how many have an exotic helm and the rest is their raid gear to hit 30? Or who has the raid helm and has an exotic and the rest of the raid gear to get to 30 that way as well? Sure, we could always just run normal mode and it will get easier every week from here on out. Just thinking that we shouldn't rule out running hard mode either though. 6 level 29s with 300 maxed out gear and communicating, should be able to get there.

Whichever one you use, we need to give the other one to @Zero23 so he can stop using his blue one
roll.gif

Yea the gatekeepers would be interesting as well, but I think with the right team, it can be done.

Since I am trying to be raid friendly more than anything, I am going to use my energy on the 77 Wizard. Too bad the Plan C wasn't void. I would be leveling that up with the quickness if it was. I never snipe in VoG, so I am not pressed about using it on Praeydeth. Although, I am liking Hezend and the mini-Gajallahorn effect that it has.

I know as soon as I use all my energy, I am going to get something else that I would rather have spent it on too
laugh.gif
My blue void fusion rifle and hoopty will live on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or at least until I make it to Crucible level 3. I'm halfway there. Only about 900 more rep points.

My blue void fusion rifle and hoopty will live on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or at least until I make it to Crucible level 3. I'm halfway there. Only about 900 more rep points.
Oh if you do the bounties tonight, you should be pretty close to having it. You def should be there before the raid Thurs. Then you will have the big push to try and have some of the stuff unlocked before the raid actually begins, lol

Watching people miss that jump in VoG
laugh.gif

The random pow-wow in the Tower and following him was just weird too, lol

Last edited:

Whichever one you use, we need to give the other one to @Zero23
so he can stop using his blue one :rofl:

I know as soon as I use all my energy, I am going to get something else that I would rather have spent it on too :lol:

The issue with that is, how many have an exotic helm and the rest is their raid gear to hit 30? Or who has the raid helm and has an exotic and the rest of the raid gear to get to 30 that way as well? Sure, we could always just run normal mode and it will get easier every week from here on out. Just thinking that we shouldn't rule out running hard mode either though. 6 level 29s with 300 maxed out gear and communicating, should be able to get there.
unfortunately i may have to run the raid on hard for VOC, I dont wanna use my ascendant energy until i guarentee have a gjallarhorn

Take a sick day tomorrow so you get your marks and rep today and level your fusion fully for tomorrow :rofl:

Take a sick day tomorrow so you get your marks and rep today and level your fusion fully for tomorrow
roll.gif
Only if we actually going to run the raid on hard. I get by just fine with my blue fusion in normal 
laugh.gif

For normal, an Epilogue is enough for the Minotaurs. But for Hard, with them being Yellow (champions or w/e) yea, the fusion rifle is a must.

I agree with @Zero23

That's easy for to say since you got the raid helmet, matter of fact, anybody who got the raid helmet should be able to reach level 30 as long they have exotic armor equipped as well.

Last edited:
Got a hard mode atheon checkpoint for ps4. Shoot me a message on psn money718. I'll hop on after the gym

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom