Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I think the hype is what killed this game so badly. If you just take the game for what it is, it's really not that bad. I think expectations were just set too high which disappointed a lot of people, just like how Watch Dogs turned out. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 come on dude that's just ridiculous... I have a ACOG on my G36

I think the hype is what killed this game so badly. If you just take the game for what it is, it's really not that bad of a game. I think expectations were just set too high which disappointed a lot of people, just like how Watch Dogs turned out. 
Exactly. I fell for that too 
mean.gif
 Jesus that game was terrible.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MF Gooze  

Quote:

The primary reason for most games is to live out some sort of fantasy
laugh.gif

I play BF4 but it's not to live out a fantasy of running around downtown spraying people with an M16.
Playing a war "simulator" is the very definition of living out a fantasy
laugh.gif
And even if you're not living out a fantasy I'd say the majority of the people you're playing with are. Most of us grew up watching all those stupid action flicks of the 80's and 90's where the good guy ran around clapping everyone. You're telling me you've never dreamed of being the good guy in some sort of action flick and BF4 doesn't give you the opportunity to do that? If not then why play? That's why BF4 exists. So you can be the soldier, the "good guy" and you get to do all the shooting and killing without any of the danger or moral implications.

I think the hype is what killed this game so badly. If you just take the game for what it is, it's really not that bad. I think expectations were just set too high which disappointed a lot of people, just like how Watch Dogs turned out. 
This is exactly what happened. People were expecting some sort of grand space epic and Destiny falls short of being that so now they feel betrayed and the game is trash. Everywhere you go and read the comments on a destiny review/article/gameplay it's clear that that's what's happened to a lot of people.

What I don't understand is how reviews are bad when they already played the game. Why push the content and then when the embargo is lifted the reviewers say it is bad. I like the game honestly but do not trust reviewers anymore.

What gonna happen when the new stuff drops.

Defiance > destiny at this point though

Just smashed Vex Gate Lord. I been running solo trying to catch up.

Hold up, so it's not a space epic? My brother just downloaded it an hour ago. I'm about to play in a few minutes. Hope it's at least fun. I have nothing else to play on this xbox one.

Why are people complaining ? Game is good only thing I don't like is that no one talks if they had proximity chat that dope or take party chat out the game

Hold up, so it's not a space epic? My brother just downloaded it an hour ago. I'm about to play in a few minutes. Hope it's at least fun. I have nothing else to play on this xbox one.

It's fun man :lol:

It's just not the type of game that some people like.

I just did the mission on Venus where you fight the King or whatever in his ship

I was only at level 10 but somehow beat that guy

That mission was hard

What I don't understand is how reviews are bad when they already played the game. Why push the content and then when the embargo is lifted the reviewers say it is bad. I like the game honestly but do not trust reviewers anymore.

What gonna happen when the new stuff drops.

Defiance > destiny at this point though

Reviewers didn't get the game early. They had to wait until the servers went live on Monday.

Last edited:

I should have listened to my instincts and taken it back 
mean.gif
 that was trash. I just sold mine about 10 minutes ago for 50 bucks though so I paid 14 bucks for a 1 day rental. I played enough to get to crucible and played about 5 games before I listed it on CL. It almost tied with MW3, I played 2 matches and posted that on CL, had it sold the morning after launch.
if u get 3% of the way into games before deciding you dont like them then i dunno what to tell u. personally i think thats like reading the first 5 pages of a book then deciding whether the book is good or not. to each his own tho

The games problem is Activision is trying to make that $$$. They have 2 DLC's planned before the game was released. So they obviously skimped on content that should have been in the original game. 

Game is cool. I still prefer TLOU.

Yo.. Anyone down to run some Devils lair? Just hit 8.

Psn joeebrap.. let's go

Last edited:

if u get 3% of the way into games before deciding you dont like them then i dunno what to tell u. personally i think thats like reading the first 5 pages of a book then deciding whether the book is good or not. to each his own tho
I don't like the feel of the game, it's just like Halo. I also hate that visible health bar they decided to implement. A book is just you reading through a story, it WILL change from the first 5 pages. If I said I hate the campaign you'd have a point because the only thing I really saw was the little ghost thing waking him up, the rest was just random "go here and scan this machine then hold off wave after wave until I'm done" missions. I just really don't like the way the game feels and I'm sure the mechanics won't change, I made it to the crucible so I gave each part a chance. Im also sure I was more than 3% in because my boy and his friends said they've already finished the campaign. I realize more will be added later but as it sits I heard it's a really short game. I'm sorry for saying the game is trash or terrible, it doesn't do anything badly, it just doesn't bring anything new and it's not my cup of tea. Now watchdogs IS a bad game. It actually had things wrong with the game that made the experience terrible (driving) this game seems to be based around your friends filling in the fun void for what the game is lacking. I just don't have the desire to hang out with my friends at the military base and go shopping for new camoflauge uniforms between games of Conquest.

The appeal of gear and guns in Destiny is no different than the appeal of dog tags and weapon attachments in BF.

I have no idea why you keep bringing that up as if it's negative or like you're too cool for it.

Bruh this games feels NOTHING AT ALL like halo. The two aren't even comparable gameplay wise.

I'm with you about the PVP though. I have no interest in it

Last edited:
The appeal of gear and guns in Destiny is no different than the appeal of dog tags and weapon attachments in BF.

I have no idea why you keep bringing that up as if it's negative or like you're too cool for it.
I do not care about dog tags at all and I don't care if anyone else has a flash suppressor for their GOL Magnum. I'm not too cool for it, l just said it isn't my thing.
Bruh this games feels NOTHING AT ALL like halo. The two aren't even comparable gameplay wise.

I'm with you about the PVP though. I have no interest in it
To me it feels like Halo with worse AI, the PVP felt exactly like it when I jumped on this big seadoo with guns on it.
So, Destiny sucks?
No. But if you don't like games like Halo I would recommend staying away.

Back
Top Bottom