Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I don't like the feel of the game, it's just like Halo. I also hate that visible health bar they decided to implement. A book is just you reading through a story, it WILL change from the first 5 pages. If I said I hate the campaign you'd have a point because the only thing I really saw was the little ghost thing waking him up, the rest was just random "go here and scan this machine then hold off wave after wave until I'm done" missions. I just really don't like the way the game feels and I'm sure the mechanics won't change, I made it to the crucible so I gave each part a chance. Im also sure I was more than 3% in because my boy and his friends said they've already finished the campaign. I realize more will be added later but as it sits I heard it's a really short game. I'm sorry for saying the game is trash or terrible, it doesn't do anything badly, it just doesn't bring anything new and it's not my cup of tea. Now watchdogs IS a bad game. It actually had things wrong with the game that made the experience terrible (driving) this game seems to be based around your friends filling in the fun void for what the game is lacking. I just don't have the desire to hang out with my friends at the military base and go shopping for new camoflauge uniforms between games of Conquest.
ALL of these are very valid points. This game is literally halo with borderlands looting, weapons, characters, and leveling. but you didnt really get into the levels or challenges. HOWEVER you are right, the mechanics dont change, and are exactly like halos. hell the main weapons the fallen use on u is the same gun from halo where the bullets follow you. they were pink in halo if i remember correctly. my gripe with the game is the repetitiveness as well. the ghost scans something for 3 waves of enemies. move to next area, rinse wash repeat. This wont win game of the year. It was terribly overhyped. but it IS fun, at least for now. And tho i grew tired of halo by the 3rd one, i loved borderlands. And this is a direct mashup of the two. hell... ill even say

Zero01.png
Mordecai_by_Kamikazuh.jpg
  =
Hunter.jpg

and

Siren07.jpg
destinywarlock-jpg.498663

and

titan2o.jpg
kI2wZ.png

**** even

Claptrap.jpg
400px-Destiny_Ghost.jpg

Last edited:
Destiny would've been a great free to play game. But as an actual purchase I was pretty much bored after the first few hours.

The game is technically sound and has great art direction as well as shooting mechanics. But Bungie needs to fire whoever designed the encounters,AI, mission types and story writer.

I mean, the missions are just lazy. I can't believe that they thought those missions were a good idea. Horde is usually just a mode in a game, not the entire single player

Overall the game just feels lazy. The mp is lazy. The sp is lazy. Story is lazy

Last edited:

ALL of these are very valid points. This game is literally halo with borderlands looting, weapons, characters, and leveling. but you didnt really get into the levels or challenges. HOWEVER you are right, the mechanics dont change, and are exactly like halos. hell the main weapons the fallen use on u is the same gun from halo where the bullets follow you. they were pink in halo if i remember correctly. my gripe with the game is the repetitiveness as well. the ghost scans something for 3 waves of enemies. move to next area, rinse wash repeat. This wont win game of the year. It was terribly overhyped. but it IS fun, at least for now. And tho i grew tired of halo by the 3rd one, i loved borderlands. And this is a direct mashup of the two. hell... ill even say

Zero01.png
Mordecai_by_Kamikazuh.jpg
  =
Hunter.jpg

and

Siren07.jpg
destinywarlock-jpg.498663

and

titan2o.jpg
kI2wZ.png

**** even

Claptrap.jpg
400px-Destiny_Ghost.jpg

I heard the Halo x Borderlands thing numerous times and I see Halo but I never played Borderlands, always wanted to though 
ohwell.gif

as the other guy said it seems like a good free game, It's like Playstation Home with guns (mainly a social environment). Its really stable and well programmed it just needs more depth in the campaign.

Last edited:
People don't go hang out at the tower to check each other's stuff out, if that's what your friend and his buddies do then that's on them :lol:

People don't go hang out at the tower to check each other's stuff out, if that's what your friend and his buddies do then that's on them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 well I saw a dude on here putting on a dance show for other people so I just have skewed view on it I guess. But seriously I'm just busting your guys orbs of light... if y'all enjoy it then that's all that matters. I do have a question though, are there other supers besides the gold gun, ground pound and the grenade?

Each class has 2 subclasses so the secondaries for each is

Hunter - Bladedancer
Warlock -Sunsinger
Titan - Defender

Lmaoooo what? Everyone gave rockstar online a 9.5 but that joint is hot doodoo

Last edited:
agreed. the game is a 7-7.5 imo

I agree with both IGN and gamespots reviews, but the scores were both 6's, a little too low for me. A 6 is basically a bad game. Destiny isnt a bad game.
I wouldn't say a 6 is a bad game, it's closer to average. I'd say a 3 or a 4 is bad. The best nextgen game I've played is probably The Last of Us but even that I'd say is an 8.5, it's visually beautiful, has one of the greatest stories I've ever seen in a game and the multiplayer is great. But the game still has some major flaws (NPCs running into enemies but they're not spotted) so I wouldn't say Destiny is bad but it aint good, it's playable.

Bruh playstation home with guns sound likes BF4 tho lmao
:lol: how? The tower = PS Home

IMO the game is a 7, but to be fair I'm a pretty tough critic.

IMO 7 and up is worth a buy (you be the judge of price).

It's a good game. Greatness? Nah. Game changer? Nah. System seller? Nah

Last edited:
Don't know if its been answered, but how can you tell if you completed a mission?

My friend & I have been playing all week and we don't know what mission's we've done :lol:

Don't know if its been answered, but how can you tell if you completed a mission?

My friend & I have been playing all week and we don't know what mission's we've done :lol:

usually pops up on the screen saying its done and rewards you with glimmer and junk. If its a Strike, Main Story mission it gives you a countdown timer as well

Bruh these Mars missions and big dudes with the shields. :x :smh:

Last edited:
Lol at the comments. I keep seeing people say like borderlands but nah I don't think exactly like bored lands they do share a common element looting but the 2 are totally different. Honestly I would compare it to phantasy star online for the dreamcast. That's just me being old tho. Lol. For me this game is a 10. I don't even like fps, but this game has me drawn in. When I feel like doing stuff alone I go solo but when I wanna joke around and talk ish I join a fire team. I'm still on earth only did one mars mission and the game has more than enough content for me. I feel the hype was warranted. I am a fan of rpgs tho. I'm a level up junkie. Everyone on my friends list who is playing about 40 people love it and can't put it down. So I don't know about the majority but the minority of the cats I know love it. Even dudes who cod addicts say man this is better than cod I hope cod does something like this. As far as the story look at those cards you keep collecting they tell a much deeper story. I usually check them out at work when I'm bored.

Last edited:
Lol at the comments. I keep seeing people say like borderlands but nah I don't think exactly like bored lands they do share a common element looting but the 2 are totally different. Honestly I would compare it to phantasy star online for the dreamcast. That's just me being old tho. Lol. For me this game is a 10. I don't even like fps, but this game has me drawn in. When I feel like doing stuff alone I go solo but when I wanna joke around and talk ish I join a fire team. I'm still on earth only did one mars mission and the game has more than enough content for me. I feel the hype was warranted. I am a fan of rpgs tho. I'm a level up junkie. Everyone on my friends list who is playing about 40 people love it and can't put it down. So I don't know about the majority but the minority of the cats I know love it. Even dudes who cod addicts say man this is better than cod I hope cod does something like this. As far as the story look at those cards you keep collecting they tell a much deeper story. I usually check them out at work when I'm bored.

Bruh don't do phantasy star online like that... wish they would bring out pso2 to the states July 2013 has came and gone

Back
Top Bottom