Details Pics of Jordan 2009 aka Jordan XXIV

e66358cb6dcda4bdb3c5f1532f0ae937d32dfba.jpg

Pass.

My Jordan collection ends at 23.

This is NOT a sustainability product. It's a step back in every respect and the lack of continuity inbrand direction really shows itself here.
What are they even looking to accomplish? Is this supposed to pass for high fashion? The cheap foam wedge would disagree.
This is, or was, a performance product first and foremost - and you're asking people to wear WHITE SILK on their FEET.
In terms of technical innovation, the gussied up impax column is a total dud.

Marbled plastic? This is a dollar store version of luxury. It makes no sense. If the silk, which was an atrocious selection to begin with in terms ofperformance and sustainability, is so expensive, what's the point of pairing it with decidedly low grade materials? It's like setting a precious gemin a plastic ring.

If people didn't want the XIV retro for $150, who on earth wants a dumbed down XIV.5 for a whopping $190 in the middle of a recession? I would be stunnedif this shoe isn't a total failure at retail.

As someone who's been wearing Air Jordans since 1990, I won't be buying the 2009 and, frankly, I'd like to know just who would. To me, it'sa failure on every level.

Look like a mix of Reebok's Above The Rim and the Jordan XIV's.....

I like them though, they not that bad. I don't like them enough to buy them but they're straight.

why is there zoom in the insole??? for the amount jb will charge for these, they better have double-stacked full-length zoom or something. the shoe is ugly anddoesnt look
like a performance shoe at all.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Pass.

This is NOT a sustainability product. It's a step back in every respect and the lack of continuity in brand direction really shows itself here.
What are they even looking to accomplish? Is this supposed to pass for high fashion? The cheap foam wedge would disagree.
This is, or was, a performance product first and foremost - and you're asking people to wear WHITE SILK on their FEET.

Marbled plastic? This is a dollar store version of luxury. It makes no sense. If the silk, which was an atrocious selection to begin with in terms of performance and sustainability, is so expensive, what's the point of pairing it with decidedly low grade materials? It's like setting a precious gem in a plastic ring.

If people didn't want the XIV retro for $150, who on earth wants a dumbed down XIV.5 for a whopping $190 in the middle of a recession? I would be stunned if this shoe isn't a total failure at retail.

As someone who's been wearing Air Jordans since 1990, I won't be buying the 2009 and, frankly, I'd like to know just who would. To me, it's a failure on every level.

Thanks you for saying this so I could co-sign! I 100% agree with you.

Pass.

This is NOT a sustainability product. It's a step back in every respect and the lack of continuity in brand direction really shows itself here.

Marbled plastic? This is a dollar store version of luxury. It makes no sense. If the silk, which was an atrocious selection to begin with in terms of performance and sustainability, is so expensive, what's the point of pairing it with decidedly low grade materials? It's like setting a precious gem in a plastic ring.

If people didn't want the XIV retro for $150, who on earth wants a dumbed down XIV.5 for a whopping $190 in the middle of a recession? I would be stunned if this shoe isn't a total failure at retail.

As someone who's been wearing Air Jordans since 1990, I won't be buying the 2009 and, frankly, I'd like to know just who would. To me, it's a failure on every level.

wow once again method man speaks the truth i also believe this shoe is going to be a total slap in the face from people that collected from the start until now

This is what glared at me, couldn't have said it any better. But do any of you think they can save this release, maybe not entirely but in any partial wayin a struggling economy?

Originally Posted by freewayfrankie

Looks aside, who in their right mind would pay $190 for the same cushioning set up as a pair of SB's? ]

So, you're saying the only heel cushioning is in the insole?

Originally Posted by freewayfrankie

XX3's were revolutionary in every sense of the word,

No.

So glad I decided to end it at XX3. Jordans have become a joke and a swore up and down ever since the first team jordans came out that I'd never buy ateam jordan. That's all these are.

The only hope JB has is to come out with high quality retros of the sig shoes. Otherwise, I wouldn't give them more than another 3-5 years at best.

Back
Top Bottom