Detroit Pistons @ PHX SUNS Sunday 12:30 NBA on ESPN on ABC on HDTV

This just made me feel good with $100 bet on Lakers-Pistons finals
An fan of an opposing team shouldn't be able to get a ticket to a big game.

grin.gif

Edit- It doesn't matter anymore.
Check the Memphis vs. Tennesee thread, page 12
Do it.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

I live in NYC. So yeah, I saw that game. As a matter of fact, that was Pau's debut. And it was a close game practically til the end.
[h1][/h1]
[h1] Lakers 105, Nets 90[/h1]
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalRecap http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalBox Score http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalPlay-By-Play http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalShot Chart http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalPhotos http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalConversation http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lal
[table][tr][td][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]T[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL (31-16)[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]105[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NJN (20-28)[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]90[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]Final[/h4]

smh.gif

The Nets made a run but it definitely wasn't close...
laugh.gif

I clicked the "recap" button from what you posted and gee, look at what I found:

Consecutive baskets by RichardJefferson cut the Lakers' lead to 84-81 with 6:13 remaining

If a 3 point game with 6:13 remaining isn't "close til the end", then I don't know what is.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread since I keep responding to comments that aren't even game-related.

And thanks for the clarification Nowitness.
laugh.gif

Our team defense got worse -
There's no way in hell you can improve your team defense by trading your best defender. It just can't happen. Despite everything that the Suns management wants you to believe, Shaq makes it more difficult for the Suns to recover on defense. He can't cover quick guys when other teams do a pick & roll. He can't really even cover quick guys when they go in the lane. He's too slow at this point in his career to provide much help defense from the weak side. He also makes Amare a worse defender (if that's possible)...Amare was very good at getting blocks from the weak side, but since Shaq is clogging up the lane he isn't able to get over there to provide the help defense.
Losing Marion also forces Nash to have to cover every PG. Matrix could cover guys like Tony Parker and we were able to hide Nash on worse offensive players like Bruce Bowen.

The fast break is gone -
With Shaq in the lineup it's impossible to fast break. He can't even get down the court quickly enough to be a finisher. He is horrible at throwing an outlet pass.
With Shaq out of the lineup we're missing the most important piece to our fast break offense. Matrix was amazing at getting a key rebound or block, and either sprinting down the court to get an ally oop or easy pass for a bucket. We don't have the finisher now so the fast break goes like this...Steve dribbles down the court, looks for someone to pass to...then dribbles back out to the three point line to get set in a halfcourt offense that we don't have.
Sorry to quote all that but I agree with Zodogg on all that. I wouldnt say its totally over for the Suns especially with the West being so closebut they do have some adjusting going on.

I'm so honored that so many people are thinking so much about me. It's like you guys watch the Suns games and you have me on your minds.
Out of all posts in this topic there are 37 of them that either mention my screen name or make some reference to me. That's pathetic. Don't you guys watch basketball to actually pay attention to the game, not what some dude on the internet is thinking or saying?
If you seek e-fame as the Super PHX Fan who talks massive trash on the 'net then aint that as pathetic as those who are posting right back atyou?

I'm so honored that so many people are thinking so much about me. It's like you guys watch the Suns games and you have me on your minds.
Out of all posts in this topic there are 37 of them that either mention my screen name or make some reference to me. That's pathetic. Don't you guys watch basketball to actually pay attention to the game, not what some dude on the internet is thinking or saying

looks like this dude won't be saying anything anymore
laugh.gif
. but really sadly enough Detroit gets overlooked on the east by many justbecause of boston

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

i'm not trying to pick his one bad game, if you're a "good player" you're almost never ever suppose to have nights like that....those are Kwame stats...
[table][tr][td]Name[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]FG[/td] [td]3Pt[/td] [td]FT[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Off[/td] [td]Reb[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]BA[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K. Bryant[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]40:23[/td] [td]3-13[/td] [td]0-2[/td] [td]0-0[/td] [td]+20[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][/table]

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

cus his teams winning and he didn't have to play....did you even watch the game? you can add the injuries too

I'm not trying to bash Kobe but what do you mean he didn't have to play? According to that statline he played 40 minutes

why is kobe even mentioned in this post? shuges you know better than that. you do the same thing. bash a player when he has an off night.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

why is kobe even mentioned in this post? shuges you know better than that. you do the same thing. bash a player when he has an off night.
laugh.gif
Never. I have NEVER bashed a player if he has an off night. You must be confusing me with someone else. I take that seriously. So serious that I had torespond after I said I was done with this thread. I NEVER throw blind hate at a player for something like that. Find a time when I did.

Not even at YOUR favorite player.

Chill with those accusations.

I'm done.

Good win for the Pistons.

Consecutive baskets by Richard Jefferson cut the Lakers' lead to 84-81 with 6:13 remaining

If a 3 point game with 6:13 remaining isn't "close til the end", then I don't know

If you're down by 3 with 6 & change left & end up losing by 15, then the game wasn't close...
tired.gif

I watched this entire game even though it was terrible and I found a very interesting comparison. Stat = Chris Webber with the Kings.

Anyone notice him with a great dunk followed by him howling at the moon, throwing his shoulders back, scowling for the cameras.........down by double digits?
indifferent.gif

Or the fact that after I watched the Lakers/Suns game again, I noticed how he had 33 with almost 7 minutes left in the game, and then got his next 4 pointswith vicious dunks with less than 30 seconds left and the game already decided?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Those are some eerie Webber moments with the Kings right there people. All his "heart" is displayed on great dunks, but he shrinks like balls in anicetub when the pressure is on and the game matters. Webber used to hit a 15 foot jumper in the first quarter of a game and scowl and run all stiff down thecourt like he was the man, and then when the 4th quarter came and the ball landed in his hands, he couldn't pass it quick enough to Peja for a brick, orChristie for an airball. Webber was the biggest fake I've ever seen. Stat is quickly moving up that list. I think the Suns would be wise to lookthemselves in the mirror and see if maybe the problem they have isn't their most "talented" player.

*This post was typed with no hate whatsoever, it was merely the opinion of a meaningless Laker fan who likes guys that play the game the right way. Please donot indict all other Laker fans because of anything I said that you disagree with. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom