Dexter Season 7 Thread - Premiers September 30 - 2 min. Sneak Peek Video

you know when anakin skywalker fully joined the darkside? I think deb just did so as well.

I wonder how they're going to go on regarding laguerta's death. it'll be kind of stupid if they have dexter chop her up and dump her because every police officer would be looking for her. there's a judge that knows laguerta has evidence against deb and dexter. there's a dispatch (or whatever the person that tracked laguerta's car to deb) that knows deb was looking for laguerta. i guess they could make it seem like she ran off due to losing face?

La Guerta was amoral and crooked to begin with so it made sense for Deb to shoot her over her own brother Dexter.
More amoral than Dexter?

She killed her cuz she's ****** up in the head and a hypocrite. She need to lay off them pills.

Last edited:
my only issue was Deb shooting Laguerta with her gun...

If they leave the bodies like Dexter intended to then they will find the bullet and trace it back to Deb.

If they leave the bodies like Dexter intended to and remove the bullet, then they will know the body was tampered with.

If they chop up and dump the bodies, Laguerta goes missing (just like all the other BHB victims) after accusing Dexter of being the BHB.

I curious how they resolve this.

Also, my guess is the writers let Dexter live in love and move to Argentina with Hannah.

my only issue was Deb shooting Laguerta with her gun...
If they leave the bodies like Dexter intended to then they will find the bullet and trace it back to Deb.
If they leave the bodies like Dexter intended to and remove the bullet, then they will know the body was tampered with.
If they chop up and dump the bodies, Laguerta goes missing (just like all the other BHB victims) after accusing Dexter of being the BHB.
I curious how they resolve this.
Also, my guess is the writers let Dexter live in love and move to Argentina with Hannah.
i wouldnt even give it too much thought bro , these writers will conveniently do as they please

no matter how many plotholes we find ...i wouldnt be suprised if they do it on purpose and get

a kick at of us arguing over it lmao.

im still trying to wrap my head around them only finding anxiety pills in debs system after the crash

even though they shoulda found THC ....which a hospital would have , cus she was puffing on the sticky icky

with her niece 

also laguerta logic

ryWrm.jpg

I hate when i read people hating on my show. :[
Yo. Real talk. Deb has to be the most ****** up person in the head. Can you imagine how many ****** up things have happened in her life. It's like every time you think she's had enough she's thrown down and curb stomped even harder. She would be clinically insane by now if all the **** she's been through in all these seasons really happened. Sheeeesh.
iLLest!
Yeah dude I definitely agree, she has a tough life in the show.

More amoral than Dexter?
She killed her cuz she's ****** up in the head and a hypocrite. She need to lay off them pills.
Yes she is, I watch Dexter faithfully, you must not remember she abused and sabotaged Deb, she was a "fixer" for the department, she slept with married men and she wanted Dexter's peen too.

Dexter admits he has a problem and Harry helped him hone it into something beneficial to society, Deb was Dexter's ying to his yang. She tried to do everything by the book from season one, until she had a self-actualization just like Harry did. Now she understands why Dexter kills, and why it was either LaGuerta or her and Dexter. 

Take a life to save many.

Post I typed in another thread.

But in terms of the build up of what has to happen, I think we all agree, Dex has to die. That has to be it, doesn't it? He can't ride off into no sunset. He can't stop the passenger. He can't get arrested and go to jail, he has to die. Has to. So my thinking is, with all the turnover we're seein, the main cast whittled down to only a few full 8 season members, it falls on Deb.

To THIS point, she's backed him. That don't mean she gon back him forever. At some point, she's gonna have to draw a line to stop him. She's going to see, in fact, she's probably already seen, he's not the killer he told her he was, bad folk only, she's seeing it where he'll do whatever it takes. She HAS to draw a line at some point, in 12 episodes, and that is where we will see our final battle.

In theory. I could be way off. Maybe he feels the same for her, maybe he realizes at some point that he can talk to her about what he does, like he does with Hannah, and then from there, realize he loves Deb the same way she loves him. That would be a very tricky way to go however, but maybe that's the case, and they ride off into Argentina together. Longshot, but it's in play.

My guess is she has to take him down. All the way down. And when she does, she walks away. Resigns from the force, and off into the sunset she goes. I don't really see another way. Anything else would feel hollow.

One thing that bothered me in last night's finale, Dex comes walkin in under arrest, Angel is furious, Mazuka got that WTF look on his face, they all do........including Quinn. The **** is that? He, of all people, was most suspicious of Dex after Doakes. He absolutely shoulda been jumpin up and down like I KNEW IT!!!! And instead he looked as confused as anybody. I didn't like that one bit. He absolutely shoulda traded notes with LaGuerta and told her anything he knew, even if Dex saved his *** in season 5.

Also, Hannah is back in play for the final season, and maybe she becomes the tipping point for Deb? I suppose they could just eliminate her quick ep 1 or 2 next year, but I;m guessing they have some sort of triangle plan in mind and somehow, it tips the scales toward Deb realizing she has to end Dex, even if she doesn't want to. Last night has gotta wear on her hard next season. You could see it in the final scene, she was in a coma walking. She's not like Dex. And therein lies the ultimate choice for the show.

Yeah dude I definitely agree, she has a tough life in the show.
Its her own fault. She could just know dexters does what he does and leave it at that. Instead she chooses to get involved. Dexters is good enough to deal with anything. She stay ******g up. She should only be getting dirty if her brother asks

La Guerta was amoral and crooked to begin with so it made sense for Deb to shoot her over her own brother Dexter. 

:rolleyes Crooked? Idk, maybe conniving is a better way to describe her. Quinn would be an example of crooked

More amoral than Dexter?

Yes she is, I watch Dexter faithfully, you must not remember she abused and sabotaged Deb, she was a "fixer" for the department, she slept with married men and she wanted Dexter's peen too.
I remember all of that and if that's how you're deciding on who dies and who doesn't then I don't think I can have an argument about who is and who isn't amoral with you. None of that warrants death as a punishment. Get some damn perspective. Nothing about Deb killing LaGuerta makes any reasonable sense. Laguerta was at no point in time a crooked cop, she was just ruthless in pursuing her career. Deb did it cuz she's selfish. Keep in mind the other option was not shoot Dexter. How that ridiculous ultimatum came up was dumb

Dexter admits he has a problem and Harry helped him hone it into something beneficial to society, Deb was Dexter's ying to his yang. She tried to do everything by the book from season one, until she had a self-actualization just like Harry did. Now she understands why Dexter kills, and why it was either LaGuerta or her and Dexter. Take a life to save many.
That self actualization for Deb was bs. Badly written if that was suppose to convince readers she sees the other side legitimately. She really went from stay with me 24/7 so you don't kill anyone to okay kill this person for me. The past 6 seasons they've been losing plenty of suspects and now it's getting to her that she sees Dex as a good guy and is willing to kill innocent ppl cuz she thinks he's right and cuz she's his brother? Nah she did it cuz she's still crazily in love with him, she messed up in the head, as far as I see it she's more amoral than LaGuerta ever could be. Hannah was right, she's a hypocrite and now she's embracing it. I mean damn she basically became Hannah in a way since she was willing to kill somebody cuz she wanted her brother to survive.

Last edited:
See, that's interesting, cuz I haven't had a single thought about Deb bein wrong for what she did.

She was protecting Dexter. Bottom line, her and LaGuerta always clashed, and in the end, it was her or Dex. She chose Dex. The brother she's in love with. To me, that don't make her bad, or evil, or amoral, any of that. Now, hypocrite? I might see that.

Deb's character has been thru hell and back, and yet ALWAYS comes thru, and the reason? Dex. I think him dropping the knife, and telling her it was ok, that's what broke her. She couldn't do it. She wasn't ready. And I believe that's the set up we have coming. I think the end game is Deb sees that she can no longer help Dex. Look at Harry, he keeps asking, when does it stop Dex? Where does it end? Harry and Deb both see Dex getting more and more out there, and in the end, Deb will have to stop herself, hold her ground, and finish Dex off.

She couldn't do it, yet, to end this season, but she may get that strength to end the series.

Honestly, I think it's been heading this way since season 5. Remember that finale? She found out where Jordan Chase was. She knew there was a killer working behind the scenes, getting pay back for what those men did. She walked in and Dex and what's her name were in there behind the curtain. Deb COULD have taken them down right there. She chose not to. Not that her morals were off, she understood. These were bad dudes. And they got what they deserved, so she let them go. She walked away.

Now she walks in on Dex with Travis Marshall. He convinces her of his code. She fights it, but then when that one nut gets away with killin those chicks, she sees the use of it.

So I guess it can go either way. She sees it, and continues that path like Hannah and follows along with Dex, or, at some point she realizes it's wrong, and puts a stop to it.

I think they have been prepping us for this all along. In the end, it has to be Deb that stops Dexter Morgan. But to get there, she has to go thru all possible avenues with him. Helping him, preventing him, protecting him, and in the end, will the real Deb win out and decide what is truly right?

Only thing i think about next season is that Batista is going to put his retirement to the side and try to figure out what happened to Laguerta ...should cause some problems for Dex.

See, that's interesting, cuz I haven't had a single thought about Deb bein wrong for what she did.
She was protecting Dexter. Bottom line, her and LaGuerta always clashed, and in the end, it was her or Dex. She chose Dex. The brother she's in love with. To me, that don't make her bad, or evil, or amoral, any of that. Now, hypocrite? I might see that.

this , and the fact that laguerta said "SHOOT HIM" as opposed to arrest him. since when is that the proper protocol for somebody who drops his knife and is complying?

also,  lets not forget what you said , the crying  and the over reacting was an improvisation on her part ...for all we know the writers wrote it for it be a "small shock" for deb. they showed them walking to party as if nothing ever happened. so we cant take an actors over reaction into account when a few minutes later they walking into a party cool as ice like bonnie and clyde.

and lastly,  last season laguerta tried to turn a blind eye to matthews when a girl overdosed in the hotel .....lets kill dexter for killing the man who murdered his mother but lets let matthews walk? .....if that was bautista then dexter woulda turned himself in , masuka the same....... but it was scumbag laguerta.

Last edited:
The whole dialogue for the final scene was bs. None of it made sense. LaGuerta gets drugged, comes to shortly after and the first words out her mouth is shoot him he's a killer. Who so quickly assess a situation and reacts that way? In what world does she think she could convince Deb to kill her brother? This is after she suspects Deb to already know what Dex is and lets her know that.

I can't even blame LaGuerta for all of that. Writers messed up. Deb was wrong. To be real she shouldn't have even shown up.

It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
The whole dialogue for the final scene was bs. None of it made sense. LaGuerta gets drugged, comes to shortly after and the first words out her mouth is shoot him he's a killer. Who so quickly assess a situation and reacts that way? In what world does she think she could convince Deb to kill her brother? This is after she suspects Deb to already know what Dex is and lets her know that.

I can't even blame LaGuerta for all of that. Writers messed up. Deb was wrong. To be real she shouldn't have even shown up.

It doesn't make sense.

Likewise. Deb shouldn't have shown up. It just seems off and then they still show up to the party like nothing happened :rolleyes

no dambs doe

Were the Doakes flashbacks from previous seasons or new just for this episode? couldnt really tell :lol:

Back
Top Bottom