Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

Not sure how Angela could be mad at Dex for him wanting a new life after multiple deaths. In fact, Dex messed up by not goin all in, if he mentioned his mom killed, he was in the clear. Hell, she mighta dropped panties right there.

I am just rewatching the whole earlier seasons of Dexter, I'm now on Season 6 and almost closing in to the final season 8. Dexter always get into trouble with the same "Trust" issues particularly Rita and Deb.

just starting the new episode up and ugh they turned his chick into deb along with the ugly cryin

now theres two of em

Same thing I said the minute she started crying. All I saw was Deb's ugly cry face.

I don't understand Kurt, he was trying to rebuild her face because he wanted it intact just to dump her in the caves?
It's part of his ritual which she ruined. The fact he takes time to clean them up after killing them and the way he kills shows he's trying to preserve them (maybe innocence) once it's done. The baseball sized hole in her face definitely messed up that post kill ritual. I wonder if he has some sort additional space in the cave where he stores them and keeps them preserved so he can visit and watch his trophies whenever he wants? I think it's more than just dumping them.

He may or may not have recent victims embalmed and placed somewhere in that cave, and Iris was just a very early kill that he didn't do that technique with. Her location was blocked off, but we haven't seen rest of the extent of that open area body was at yet, there might be another entrance.

When Angela was worried that he stopped search because he didn't want police to find something, I was thinking it was his kill cabin at first.

I definitely think Iris was one of his first kills, definitely rookie moves in that one. If he's still storing his kills in the caves, there is definitely another location or secret entrance to it. Remember Angela saying it looked man-made. He obviously perfected his technique and hiding spot over the years. If he can build the fortress he has for them girls, he can do the same in those caves.

Last edited:
After such a great episode last week, we're left with a snoozefest.

Harrison is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Dexter is sloppy af, and Kurt doesn't seem like he's worthy enough to be the main antagonist for an entire season. This is a limited series, so it's safe to assume Dex will get "got" or die most likely. I cannot see Kurt being the guy to do it. Or this small town with 4 cops taking him down.

Harrison is starting to annoy the crap out of me. Dexter is sloppy af, and Kurt doesn't seem like he's worthy enough to be the main antagonist for an entire season. This is a limited series, so it's safe to assume Dex will get "got" or die most likely. I cannot see Kurt being the guy to do it. Or this small town with 4 cops taking him down.
I disagree. it was a good episode imo. for me, it would be Harrison that would put Dexter down.

I disagree. it was a good episode imo. for me, it would be Harrison that would put Dexter down.

This would only happen if Dexter allows it to. He has every opportunity to connect with Harrison, but he's choosing not to, or at the very least--genuinely doing so. But even then, that would be a lame genesis to the cause of Dexter's downfall.

This would only happen if Dexter allows it to. He has every opportunity to connect with Harrison, but he's choosing not to, or at the very least--genuinely doing so. But even then, that would be a lame genesis to the cause of Dexter's downfall.
I dunno. I find it quite poetic. since I'm circling back to the earlier seasons and seeing how the relationship with Harrison before and now could potentially lead to that. I wouldn't necessarily say downfall but more like opening up or continuing the cycle of violence now passed on to Harrison. while tragic, for me it seems a better fit compared to a fairytale ending. either that or Dexter dying but Harrison living a normal life after knowing the truth about his father.

Last edited:
Dex was not going to kill her or wanted her dead.

When ppl are on to him he finds ways to gaslight the **** out of them first. Then if he has to he will frame them for some light crime that'll have jail time.

After that the story conveniently has that person die in a strange way or be killed by the other killer on the show. If that doesn't happen its cuz Dexter made them back off or framed somebody else to make them not suspicious.

Didn't realize it was a limited series

Damn its a limited series?

Was hoping that once Dex saw the darkness in Harrison he would finally be honest with him and start molding him into the next him. Start training him in the code as Dexter becomes Harry and Harrison becomes Dexter. And they'd be a team for seasons to come.

I think ratings wise its already there to turn in to a series and get a second season but I think they're waiting to see how the reaction is to the finished limited series.

There's no way they killed Dexter at the end of this. No way. They can't carry this on with Harrison.

..... Unless Michael C. Hall is totally done with the character and did this just to do get a better ending and put the story to bed in the ground so to speak.

It’s Showtime so a limited series can turn to 6 seasons like it’s nothing :lol: …I would prefer it doesn’t go too long tho, they can end all of it solidly the ground work is there based on what’s been shown so far

Dex could be the Dark Passenger the final __ episodes as we see if Harrison will fully become him or end up killed by someone else.

money talks and everyones desperate for content so who knows

if demand is there they might keep going

You 100% have a point. Money does talk, but from the looks of the ratings, it doesn't seem like it's on track for a renewal. IMO, this limited series or "prolouge" was a long time coming. It's been almost 10 years since the first OG run ended. Public interest died down, especially considering how they ended the show.--Left a bad taste for many for many of the viewers. Had they released this maybe 4-5 years ago, I could see re-energized reception, but New Blood seems to be dragging along.

Here's an example of why I'm saying this: The average Nielsen rating for a show in the Big 4 Networks is a 0.8. New Blood is on Showtime, so let's assume there's limit of viewers and the drop would be 20% (this is a conservative sensitivity/assumption). This would mean, a comparable average Nielsen rating should be around 0.64.

Dexter: New Blood is averaging so far 0.54 in their Nielsen ratings. Considering this is a mini-series, I don't see any positive outlook for this show continuing past this season.

You 100% have a point. Money does talk, but from the looks of the ratings, it doesn't seem like it's on track for a renewal. IMO, this limited series or "prolouge" was a long time coming. It's been almost 10 years since the first OG run ended. Public interest died down, especially considering how they ended the show.--Left a bad taste for many for many of the viewers. Had they released this maybe 4-5 years ago, I could see re-energized reception, but New Blood seems to be dragging along.

Here's an example of why I'm saying this: The average Nielsen rating for a show in the Big 4 Networks is a 0.8. New Blood is on Showtime, so let's assume there's limit of viewers and the drop would be 20% (this is a conservative sensitivity/assumption). This would mean, a comparable average Nielsen rating should be around 0.64.

Dexter: New Blood is averaging so far 0.54 in their Nielsen ratings. Considering this is a mini-series, I don't see any positive outlook for this show continuing past this season.

well, it's a bit more complicated than that. while ratings could influence the continuity or longevity of a show, it is not the ends to it to keeps it going. it will also depend on the producers, management, network, fanbase, etc... that would make the show keep on going. a show could rate really high but gets discontinued because some of the cast or directors don't renew their contract for another season. or let's say something like the "House of Cards" controversy happens. point is, as long as there is support for the show or the producers felt compelled to continue the series, it would keep on going. I'm saying this because there are other crappy shows (Kardashians) that keep on going only because the producers wanted to keep it going.

Ratings are important and overall I'd agree this isnt going multiple seasons but we are in the era of streaming where all the companies are also checking how many viewers watch the show on demand, stream it through other services, and how many ppl wait and binge the entire series.

May take a few weeks or months before they get all the data necessary to make the decision.

Dexter therapy session :lol:
Leave it to Dexter to find the wrong things to say. Had a flashback of Rita and Aster dealing with his cluelessness :lol:

Damn its a limited series?

Was hoping that once Dex saw the darkness in Harrison he would finally be honest with him and start molding him into the next him. Start training him in the code as Dexter becomes Harry and Harrison becomes Dexter. And they'd be a team for seasons to come.

Didn't know it was a limited series either. There is so much they can do with this reboot to get a good 3 solid seasons out of it. As for Dex telling Harrison, I'm starting to wonder if it would be a good idea at this point. Harrison and Dexter have major issues to work out before he can begin confiding in him. Harrison is an angry teen, who's emotions change with the wind. 95% of his anger is directed towards Dex, there's no telling how he'd respond right now. Especially if gets high again, he'll tell the whole damn town :smh: What Dex needs to do is break down his wall, and allow Harrision to confide in him about what he's experiencing. Maybe he could even talk about his brother Brian and how the death of their mother impacted him, turning him into the ice truck killer. Still keeping his killings out of it, but allowing Harrision to feel comfortable enough to share what he's going through. He can use his brother's situation to mold Harrision the way Harry did for him and teach him the code, and how to control his rage and how to direct it. Dex needs to be a father, he doesn't need another kill buddy. We've seen how those turned out, lol. Harrison needs direction because he's heading down the wrong path. Keep in mind, we still don't know what really happened while he was in Argentina, or in foster care.

By the way, does he not remember Aster and Cody? Why weren't they an option for him to stay with in Miami instead of foster care?

As for Dex telling Harrison, I'm starting to wonder if it would be a good idea at this point. Harrison and Dexter have major issues to work out before he can begin confiding in him. Harrison is an angry teen, who's emotions change with the wind. 95% of his anger is directed towards Dex, there's no telling how he'd respond right now. Especially if gets high again, he'll tell the whole damn town :smh: What Dex needs to do is break down his wall, and allow Harrision to confide in him about what he's experiencing. Maybe he could even talk about his brother Brian and how the death of their mother impacted him, turning him into the ice truck killer. Still keeping his killings out of it, but allowing Harrision to feel comfortable enough to share what he's going through. He can use his brother's situation to mold Harrision the way Harry did for him and teach him the code, and how to control his rage and how to direct it. Dex needs to be a father, he doesn't need another kill buddy. We've seen how those turned out, lol. Harrison needs direction because he's heading down the wrong path. Keep in mind, we still don't know what really happened while he was in Argentina, or in foster care.

By the way, does he not remember Aster and Cody? Why weren't they an option for him to stay with in Miami instead of foster care?

Looking back, that was Dexter's initial plan on how to raise Harrison. but Debra's death has impacted him so much that he became detached to the idea of living a normal life. the trauma of anyone close to him ends up being dead and I guess the thought of Harrison and Hannah could potentially be in danger because of him.

I guess the reason for Harrison not looking for his half-siblings is because he could be experiencing those psychotic/anger episodes. who knows, maybe that foster care story was made up considering how Harrison can casually lie as well.

Keep in mind, we still don't know what really happened while he was in Argentina, or in foster care.

This just made me question the true nature of Hannah's death. Did she really die of cancer or was it maybe Harrison? I know she raised/took care of him, but he did mention he has urges to hurt everyone. And we do not know what really happened down there. Is Hannah still alive?

Yea in reality his next living relatives woulda been contacted before being sent to the foster system, and Aster and Cody woulda been adults by then too …But the show clearly forgot bout them so I ain’t think too much of that part of Harrison’s story :lol:

Yea in reality his next living relatives woulda been contacted before being sent to the foster system, and Aster and Cody woulda been adults by then too …But the show clearly forgot bout them so I ain’t think too much of that part of Harrison’s story :lol:
I'm hoping its revealed Harrison killed Aster and Cody.

Just to get rid of that inconsistency :lol:

Back
Top Bottom