Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

I'm hoping its revealed Harrison killed Aster and Cody.

Just to get rid of that inconsistency :lol:

That's def. a plot hole. But my main takeway from the last 2-3 episodes is largely around characteristics of manipulation, volatile behavior, instability of his mental health, and unreliability of Harrison. He easily knows how to lie, cover his story, gaslight situations and/or people, and fabricate this false sense of security with people around him. Is what he's saying true? I think at some point, the writers have to "show" us his perspective, rather than tell us.

Because right now, the only reliable character we have is Dexter. Everyone else's motives are largely still in question.

The titanium screws in Matt's legs is a detail even old Dexter would've missed. Granted old Dex dumped bodies in the ocean not burned them.

Funny how Dexter's lies are now catching up to him. Guess cuz he's in a small town. Back in Miami none of the ppl he would tell different lies or half-truths to would ever compare notes to figure out Dexter was lying.

Angela and Molly talking is leading down a path where Dexter might have to reveal to Angela he's a serial killer. Don't think it'll work out like with Lumen.

That ending :wow: Dex really rusty if some trucker getting the drop on him.

The titanium screws in Matt's legs is a detail even old Dexter would've missed. Granted old Dex dumped bodies in the ocean not burned them.

Funny how Dexter's lies are now catching up to him. Guess cuz he's in a small town. Back in Miami none of the ppl he would tell different lies or half-truths to would ever compare notes to figure out Dexter was lying.

Angela and Molly talking is leading down a path where Dexter might have to reveal to Angela he's a serial killer. Don't think it'll work out like with Lumen.

That ending :wow: Dex really rusty if some trucker getting the drop on him.
it's a good plot to say the least although from what the show wanted to portray Kurt is really a good and smart serial killer. I'm still not sure what's Kurt motives are. is it for vengeance or looking for a partner in crime? I think Kurt knowing Dexter is might have peaked an interest on him or Harrison considering his son was such a disappointment.

25 year old murder, finds like 5 clues in a minute.... :lol:

Stripped out that whole cabin, that fast? C'mon.

Now podcaster really is on Dex.

No repercussions to snappin wrestlers elbow? Or swingin his blade at others? Again, more huge red flags from one new kid in a small town.

Trinity flashback :wow:

Iono about Kurt tying a screw to Dexter. That seems way far fetched. Figuring out his son was burnt, sure. Figuring out it was Dex.....ehhhh

Why this guy a glutton for punishment? Harrison crowding the plate getting beaned on purpose :lol:

Yeah I didn't understand that scene.

Harrison a weirdo man. :lol:

So it's gonna be Dexter and Harrison, father and son tag team to take out Kurt.

With Ghost Deb coming through to assist like

b23m5ok.0.gif

Oh yeah, Angela cracking the case on Dex being the Bay Harbor Butcher is some bull **** but I guess they needed some sort of subplot.

8 seasons and only one detective ever really found out and the smart ones backed off before they got killed.

Last edited:
Angela couldn’t do a background check on Dex from jump but now she figuring out who he is off a couple needle marks with no evidence :lol: :smh:

I already see where this going n it’s gon be dumb af if I’m right

The show makes great efforts to display Angela's tenacity and determination in her investigating the disappearance of her bff year agos, but she never bothered to do a background check on the ***** that busting down her walls on the nightly and has not been forthcoming about his past?

Angela gonna catch Dexter and Harrison tag team killing Kurt and be like

1640577813326.png
They def gon do a fam kill on Kurt, that’s a given…But before that yo gon run to the old dude that’s the only one more rich and powerful than him in the town to save him…That’s gon lead to the police lady either getting killed or fired/descredited and Dex to life another day but with a new enemy

Harrison gettin beamed i think was his version of basically what cutters do - physical pain to mask the emotional ones they’re trying to hide.

i’m no psychologist or anything, but thats my interpretation of cutters to the best of my knowledge…

I am kind of torn between this/wanting to punish himself and creating evidence for an abuse/self-defense claim for his next murder.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

Well, I should have known. I had high hopes where they were goin, but they missed the mark.

Look, it's Christmas Eve. He just took a rifle in the Thigh, but he showin up Christmas morning in his pajamas? :smh:

He dropped a body in the summer camp......fresh with his blood/DNA all over it.

Bay Harbor Butcher had hundreds of bodies, poedunk cop in small town nowhere Googles thru it off some Ketemin? :smh:

Happy Gilmore havin date night with Mr Krabs. :stoneface:

Dude walked to the back to put on his kill suit after a candlelight dinner......

Just........what? You had 10 years, you had all these possibilities, and this what we doin?
:lol: at Kurt showin up for Christmas. :rofl:

*Sigh*

I hope it closes strong, but I'm feelin heavy doubt. I do like the training Harrison angle, but not sure that kid has the pinache to carry the franchise if/when they Dark Passenger Dexter.

I like to think more along the lines of what does Dexter do when all of this ends with his son dead?

Or even worse, his son dead and he is exposed as the greatest serial killer in the world?

I like to think more along the lines of what does Dexter do when all of this ends with his son dead?

Or even worse, his son dead and he is exposed as the greatest serial killer in the world?

See? We could have some fun there.

When Angela confronts him, does he let her take him, or kill his own girl?

But that's not what we'll get. We'll get some poorly constructed out, and he'll be a lumberjack again.

You could turn Dexter into a Hannibal Lector level figure.

He's exposed, he tells his story, the Government has no choice but to use him to track other Serial Killers, a Forensic backgrounded Serial Killer that operated for decades. Feds would bring him in for case after case. His code (killing bad guys) would gain favor with them.

See? We could have some fun there.

When Angela confronts him, does he let her take him, or kill his own girl?

But that's not what we'll get. We'll get some poorly constructed out, and he'll be a lumberjack again.
Well I think now they're going for more seasons so it'll be a while before we get there. I definitely don't think we'll get any sort of ending I brought up now for this season. Not enough time/eps for that.

That'll need a few seasons to lead up to.
You could turn Dexter into a Hannibal Lector level figure.

He's exposed, he tells his story, the Government has no choice but to use him to track other Serial Killers, a Forensic backgrounded Serial Killer that operated for decades. Feds would bring him in for case after case. His code (killing bad guys) would gain favor with them.
Then they'd be blatantly copying Hannibal though :lol:

Its a cool idea and they can do their version but I think there's something between and say a Breaking Bad where they can find another path.

Yes, it would be fairly similar, but they could also 48 Hours it, in a way. Catch Me If You Can, etc. Lot of examples of law using criminals to catch other criminals. Hell, Mayor of Kingstown has that vibe.
Imagine two Feds takin Dex to a couple crime scenes, workin thru clues etc.

You could spin that. I think.

I kind of wanted him to shoot Harrison 🤷‍♂️

So Dexter has been leaving needle marks this whole time and nobody noticed :stoneface:

and small town cop Angela cracked a case that the Miami PD and FBI couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom